• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

I did now though!....It only took me a thousand dollars :D

>only took a thousand dollars
You probably could've easily gotten it to work if you put a little more time to trouble shoot.
Oh yeah, blew it out and wiped it down, changed thermal paste, reseated heat sinks, checked all the fans to no avail. AMD stuff is infamous for running hot and topped with the age of the hardware it seems like it's just getting ready to die. Going with the salt masters Nvidia for my next build

Damn. Yeah that sucks, there's nothing else you can do than change the parts.

Alfebit

Banned
Detached sleeves = Best sleeves.

Every single time, I'm like, yes please.

image.php

I never saw the appeal because games on PC never stray that far above console specs, so SLI is nothing short of overkill and a waste of hardware in gaming, if PC gaming evolved a generation ahead of console specs, where a single video card would no longer be enough to run games at 60 frames maxed out, then it would make more sense, but no.

Yeah, if I had someone not named Nvidia, and my uninformed former roommate leading me on, I would have never went SLI. It's just overkill, and not enough games support it.

If I was truly smart, I would have went with a budget card, got a i7, and waited for the 900 series, but foolish me. Luckily, this will still suffice for a long time.
approirateavatarquote.png
Aside from music, the designs of the Vocaloids just appeal to me, man.

Fucking love detached sleeves. It's so good.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G545YPG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Ruh-roh! Looking for gift ideas has led me to this.
It's like thighs highs for your arms...
It was probably me, i said it was a mediocre anime called Kyoukai no kanata. The art/animation is a pretty solid 8-9/10. Too bad the story is like a 6.

Example of the amazing story.

Spoilers for the show. You probably shouldn't watch this if you care about the anime since you need the context of the entire episode to get this. I hate/love it.
Oh man this is so dumb I need to watch it. Adding

Zenfalcia

open chest sweaters are pretty awesome all the snugness of a sweater but with cleavage.

Yeah.. but they're kinda useless as a sweater except for some really specific functions.
I really have a thing for long gloves. Like daaaamn.

Do you now? Duly noted.
I'd rather just throw money at it till it works
but I really needed a new laptop anyway and I'm glad I got one.

Ok, it's your money.
Now steam will change your life and wallet.

demidar

It think it does.. hmm.. I know albums have a limit, too.

When I was making gifs for my 2013 top 10 list (using Gifcam because I couldn't be assed extracting proper footage), I used minus to get around the 2MB limit per gif. Not sure if it's changed now.

They recently lifted it. The cap is way higher now. I'm not sure what it is.

Sure that isn't gifv? This is what I could find.

http://imgur.com/blog/2014/10/09/introducing-gifv/

Hmm, I guess they upped the limit to 5MB. That's nice.

Zenfalcia

When I was making gifs for my 2013 top 10 list (using Gifcam because I couldn't be assed extracting proper footage), I used minus to get around the 2MB limit per gif. Not sure if it's changed now.

Hmm, I guess they upped the limit to 5MB. That's nice.

They also changed their format to using Gifv so the gifs are kinda like webm now.
I still haven't bought anything yet! I haven't even opened Steam since I got it to work when I got my laptop.

Soon, the gaben will make you.

Edit: whoops dped..

I still haven't bought anything yet! I haven't even opened Steam since I got it to work when I got my laptop.
What laptop did you end up getting anyways?
Ehhh... It's great at the start but... as it neared the end.. It gets rough...

Here's the "mildly salty girl". Her name is Ai.

edited to not cover half the screen.

I always assumed she was literally a little girl. Also I have a high tolerance for bad shit.

Good luck with watching it, i suppose.

I just found out now, they made a chibi spin off of the anime. So there's chibi version of everyone.. huh..
Probably not going to end up watching that one
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FIKBRT0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

So I listed this as a wish list gift, but I want to share with the group, because the price! Lookit!
Oh man why was it so much. I wish I had space for it
Asus ROG. It was on sale for like $989 on Amazon.
Ah nice find

So they through subtlety out the window with Silent Hill 2. You can tell it was made to be 3d with the garbage effects. Pat was right though that the
mannequin
creature was a good design.

Btw, can someone explain to me what the excuse me is from? This is a little known fact but I forget everything I say the instant after the video is done. I basically have no idea what any of my channel/site look and sound like.

Its a great laptop, 1080p is beautiful and with an i7 I can run any 1080p streaming video and it blows out cool air while doing it. My old laptop would get hot as hell when it tried to run a video on the best friend website.
Oh man that's such a great feeling after using something that's just dying on you.
It's 5 episodes about 10 minutes each I think?
......I might end up watching it

Alfebit

Banned
Btw, can someone explain to me what the excuse me is from? This is a little known fact but I forget everything I say the instant after the video is done. I basically have no idea what any of my channel/site look and sound like.

Almost every video you've been in for the past week or 2 now.

Its a great laptop, 1080p is beautiful and with an i7 I can run any 1080p streaming video and it blows out cool air while doing it. My old laptop would get hot as hell when it tried to run a video on the best friend website.

>i7

Why did I go with an I5? Why did I go with an i5? Why did I go with an i5?

The i5 is still fine. Just a little bit more juice would have been nice, but I haven't been CPU bound on anything yet.

Xiraiya

I added it in because during EW you often say just "Excuse me!" when trying to move around enemies and pick up stuff, it got more amusing over time, it's always in the tone of squeezing between people to get somewhere in a crowd.

mike0dude

I added it in because during EW you often say just "Excuse me!" when trying to move around enemies and pick up stuff, it got more amusing over time, it's always in the tone of squeezing between people to get somewhere in a crowd.

In my head it sounded like Coach from Left 4 dead 2...

Zenfalcia

I checked ikea a few weeks ago. Maybe you could link me some examples?
This is not going to hang. This is for an empty corner in my bedroom for me to stow away games.

I'm assuming there's cheaper.. I haven't really checked for sure >_> They probably won't look good, too.

What's the shipping for the shelf?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
There's a Silent Hill 2 movie?

More like a Silent Hill The Movie 2.

I've gotta say that I don't quite get your avatar either. It's funny seeing your face pasted on stuff, but otherwise I don't get the reference.

I'm assuming there's cheaper.. I haven't really checked for sure >_> They probably won't look good, too.

What's the shipping for the shelf?

13, so that would put it way above the budget, but a guy can dream.

If anything, I'll buy it for myself post Christmas.

So it's normally $120 for something I can build on my own for $20 by going to Home Depot?

You can get solid wood, a leveler, hammer, saw, nails, and a tape measure for 20 bucks?

If you want to you could try to over clock it for some more raw CPU power. That's assuming your motherboard allows for Over clocking as well.

It's clocked at a higher speed. Not too high, because I'm not downsampling, using two monitors, or playing at a framerate above 60.

I'm not editing videos or audio, so hyperthreading means jack shit to me. Only thing I would appreciate is the extra power it can provide for my streaming, but it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom