• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, be sure to check your Elfster inbox at least sometimes you guys. people might ask questions about shipping and stuff anonymously through there.

Zenfalcia

So it's normally $120 for something I can build on my own for $20 by going to Home Depot?

Building stuff yourself is always cheaper. Hurray for DIY stuff! Except there would need to be some planning for the designs.
13, so that would put it way above the budget, but a guy can dream.

If anything, I'll buy it for myself post Christmas.
Just keep looking around, you'll find a good deal or something..

Random gif dump, just because of how adorable some of these are.

i7 is great
i can run fucking Witcher 2 on max settings
due to the obvious downgrade Witcher 3 should be doable as well
which is good cause i wanna transfer my saves

Zenfalcia

It's clocked at a higher speed. Not too high, because I'm not downsampling, using two monitors, or playing at a framerate above 60.

I'm not editing videos or audio, so hyperthreading means jack shit to me. Only thing I would appreciate is the extra power it can provide for my streaming, but it's fine.

Is fully optimized? Just for streaming, like more power for uploading or what?
Dem I mean dat...chimney

Yep. It's pretty funny compared to my last one. :T

This elfster thing is so convenient for shopping and listing items!

I should use it for my regular Christmas shopping. Take the guesswork out.

Hey, maybe I'm slow, but fellow souls fans. Am I insane or do Manus and the Cleric Beast share an enormous amount of design elements?
They share a ton. When I first saw him, I immediately said that it was a next gen version of Manus.

Is fully optimized? Just for streaming, like more power for uploading or what?

Mostly likely not, because I got some random drops when I attempted Dark Souls 1. DS2 streams flawlessly, though.

Hey, maybe I'm slow, but fellow souls fans. Am I insane or do Manus and the Cleric Beast share an enormous amount of design elements?
[Dark Souls DLC boss spoilers and Bloodborne boss image in the links]
Manus' ornate head-thing and his one arm do look similar to the Cleric Beast. Though I think the Cleric Beast is far more, uhm, "stringy".
I didn't really notice the horns but I can certainly see it now. I'd like for there to be an actual connection, but it's more likely just a homage.
I'd marked it up to reusing visual design too.

MormaPope

Banned
Cleric_beast_2.jpg

Manus.png

Cleric Beast is more stringy, Manus is more bulky.

I didn't really notice the horns but I can certainly see it now. I'd like for there to be an actual connection, but it's more likely just a homage.

lets be honest here
there will be SOME kind of connection between Bloodbourne and Dark Souls series
2 was set ages later and still had some kind of connection to the first
i wouldnt be surprised if Bloodbourne takes place WAY WAY into the future where magic is obsolete and we have guns now

I'll be honest, Manus was the only boss I never defeated in DS1. Tried at him about 10 times and got annoyed at the run back to him so I just moved on. I was more focused on his fap arm than his apparent staff.

lets be honest here
i would be surprised if Bloodbourne takes place WAY WAY into the future where magic is obsolete and we have guns now

Well thanks to people prodding around in the Alpha it's all but confirmed it's set in the Demon's Souls universe in some way.

Man. I hope that Steamworks gets implemented for Dark Souls 1 during my Winter Break. I wanna run through the game again while there's a small revitalization of the playerbase and to get hype for Bloodborne.

Man. I hope that Steamworks gets implemented for Dark Souls 1 during my Winter Break. I wanna run through the game again while there's a small revitalization of the playerbase and to get hype for Bloodborne.

I hope it doesn't break DSfix, and the game itself becomes easier to Stream.

lets be honest here
i wouldnt be surprised if Bloodbourne takes place WAY WAY into the future where magic is obsolete and we have guns now

There's no link between Dark and Bloodborne, but your idea is actually incredibly on point, but not with Dark, with DeS. The final thing that you do in the good ending of Demon's Souls is remove all magic and miracles from the world. Gas in the Alpha, upon dying, would utter the prayer "Umbasa", which is exclusive to the theology of DeS. Bloodborne likely takes place several hundred years after the defeat of the Old One in DeS and the rise of medicine and technology over magic.

EDIT: Not to mention the Maiden in Blacks VA returns for Bloodborne. It's possible that the curse of the Beastblood is in fact the Old Ones doing and a variant of the soul arts.

It was supposed to happen in November but I still can't find a word about it anywhere.

Xiraiya

Is Cleric Beast the monster in Bloodborne? that big monstrous Wolfish thing in Bloodborne immediately made me think of Manus.

It was supposed to happen in November but I still can't find a word about it anywhere.
It was delayed, saw news on the DS1 Steam page.

Holy fuck that ending. They name a movie Revelation and then have then reveal nothing at the end except for
Pyramid Head
being bad ass good guy with a big dumb
monster fight.
that was kind of rad to watch though. Also the
nurses
were in there just for the sake of having them.

Woof...

Unless Kojima can pull it off with Silent Hills, I think the series has died :(

This is why Japanese IPs should never be handed to western devs.

Retro Studios and the Metroid Prime games are the excption

/weebpost

There's no link between Dark and Bloodborne, but your idea is actually incredibly on point, but not with Dark, with DeS. The final thing that you do in the good ending of Demon's Souls is remove all magic and miracles from the world. Gas in the Alpha, upon dying, would utter the prayer "Umbasa", which is exclusive to the theology of DeS. Bloodborne likely takes place several hundred years after the defeat of the Old One in DeS and the rise of medicine and technology over magic.

EDIT: Not to mention the Maiden in Blacks VA returns for Bloodborne. It's possible that the curse of the Beastblood is in fact the Old Ones doing and a variant of the soul arts.

I don't think I've ever seen the good ending to DeS.

I'm an asshole, I know it.

demidar

Unless Kojima can pull it off with Silent Hills, I think the series has died :(

This is why Japanese IPs should never be handed to western devs.

Retro Studios and the Metroid Prime games are the excption

/weebpost

I thought Capcom Vancouver (forget their previous name) did Dead Rising 2 justice.

Xiraiya

Never got to play Demon Souls, so that's really cool, I guess another thing is too that Bloodborne is exclusive to the Playstation 4, much like DeS was exclusive to the PS3, so if they tie together, it seems like they might really want to keep the Demon verse in one place and let the rest of the Souls series do whatever.

Never got to play Demon Souls, so that's really cool, I guess another thing is too that Bloodborne is exclusive to the Playstation 4, much like DeS was exclusive to the PS3, so if they tie together, it seems like they might really want to keep the Demon verse in one place and let the rest of the Souls series do whatever.

I honestly think, and hope, we get a Dark Souls 3.

As many problems as 2 had I loved playing through every minute of it and I'd be all for a new adventure.

which means maybe they could rerelease Demons for the PS4?

Nomura wants KH to be on one console
so a PS4 version of the first 3 games is all but confirmed

Well I recall reading something last week where they said they would consider a PS4 port.

FFX HD is getting a port, so that to me tells me that a KH collection port will definitely happen because they sold pretty good as well I believe.

I believe they said they were thinking of doing a port IIRC.

There was a NeoGAF thread about this

Yep!

Well I recall reading something last week where they said they would consider a PS4 port.

FFX HD is getting a port, so that to me tells me that a KH collection port will definitely happen because they sold pretty good as well I believe.

Yep!

yea at this point the only reason im keeping my PS3 is for Zestiria and Yakuza 5

There's no link between Dark and Bloodborne

Lore wise, I'd agree. But I'm remembering how much Demon's fanservice there was in Dark even though there was no lore crossover there, and I have a hard time believing we won't see some similar stuff.
Maybe there's a dog with a sword. Maybe a mushroom man punches your lights out at some point, and I wouldn't rule out and npc cameos.

yea at this point the only reason im keeping my PS3 is for Zestiria and Yakuza 5

I'm seriously considering selling mine. I just don't hook it up anymore.

Well actually that's not true. I hook it up in the living room once once per month so my family can use my WWE Network subscriptions to watch PPV's.

Oh man I didn't know about that snowball thing in DS2. Also I love that delay in Pat's laugh. Pat please tell us what the look on Woolie's face was.

Lore wise, I'd agree. But I'm remembering how much Demon's fanservice there was in Dark even though there was no lore crossover there, and I have a hard time believing we won't see some similar stuff.
Maybe there's a dog with a sword. Maybe a mushroom man punches your lights out at some point, and I wouldn't rule out and npc cameos.

References are cool, but I honestly would just prefer everything to be new. You can't just keep using the exact same things forever and expect to keep people interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom