• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MormaPope

Banned
Giving gifts is dumb. Not celebrating my own birthday is one of the best parts of being an adult. Only people who get exceptions are mom and the missus for obvious reasons.

I didn't celebrate in my birthday. Took a killer nap though.

I love being an adult.

Damn straight.

Also, fuck most holidays. Except Christmas, because the bitter cold makes staying indoors not viewed as a weirdo activity. Christmas without snow isn't Christmas.

Well I like to clarify things just out of habit because most people can be bad about that.

And yeah, it'll be fast enough, I don't really go for the whole dual monitor SLI nonsense because at that point it just seems unnecessary, so I'll just grab a 970 GTX, 16GB ram and a good intel Processor and be done.
I'miterally looking at doing the same thing but it kinda pisses me off that the exact same build I am looking at would be $300 less if I were able to use American sites. It makes it harder for me to pull the trigger on it. How are hardware prices in jail?

I am also on team fuck birthdays

MormaPope

Banned
Playing through RE5 makes me want REmake even more. It isn't too tough getting the game digitally, but its enough of a hassle for me not to do all that.

Zenfalcia

I'miterally looking at doing the same thing but it kinda pisses me off that the exact same build I am looking at would be $300 less if I were able to use American sites. It makes it harder for me to pull the trigger on it. How are hardware prices in jail?

I am also on team fuck birthdays

What sites are you looking at? You could see if you can get lucky during boxing day sales.

Xiraiya

How much is that gonna cost altogether?
Probably just above 1k, closer to 2 depending on how much I really want to change out, Ideally I wouldn't want to have to go over 2, but if I can get a good 6 years out of it then that would be pretty good.
The PC I have now I got around the end of 2006 and have had it all this time, all I replaced was a processor that died really on and then a few years ago I bought a new video card, it's always been able to run everything on high pretty decently.

Not too bad, it can be a little more pricey depending where you look, but ordering from the US would end up being more, so while the US prices look real nice, it doesn't end up mattering as much as one would expect.

demidar

I'm ball parking like 700$ Depends on what he gets of course and if they are on sale or not.

No way, we talking Australian prices.

I bought my shitty computer for $1200 about 6 years ago (though to be fair I was replacing everything except the monitor). i5 661 3.33GHz, HD5770, 500GB HD.

Probably just above 1k, closer to 2 depending on how much I really want to change out, Ideally I wouldn't want to have to go over 2, but if I can get a good 6 years out of it then that would be pretty good.
The PC I have now I got around the end of 2006 and have had it all this time, all I replaced was a processor that died really on and then a few years ago I bought a new video card, it's always been able to run everything on high pretty decently.

Are you replacing everything or just upgrading a few parts?

Pat, I'm sure enough people would have already told you the third body was RIGHT THERE when they dragged you to look at Kidman so yeah...

But on a more positive note- Holy shit, I didn't know you could turn off the gas in that room @_@ ! Now I'm the idiot (._.)

...But then again, I was able to pull off the stealth perfectly so I never needed to, that's still 2:1 =p

Zenfalcia

No way, we talking Australian prices.

I bought my shitty computer for $1200 about 6 years ago (though to be fair I was replacing everything except the monitor). i5 661 3.33GHz, HD5770, 500GB HD.
Sorry, I forgot to convert to AUS.. Yeah.. it'd be a lot higher... :L

What sites are you looking at? You could see if you can get lucky during boxing day sales.
Ncix, newegg, amazon, tiger direct. The usuals.
My current computer did me good for the last 5 years but now even with proper upkeep and cleaning it has begun running ridiculously hot. During the vgas with just the stream and steam chat open it was running at around 125 Celsius. It is time to put it out to pasture

Xiraiya

Pat, I'm sure enough people would have already told you the third body was RIGHT THERE when they dragged you to look at Kidman so yeah...
But on a more positive note- Holy shit, I didn't know you could turn off the gas in that room @_@ ! Now I'm the idiot (._.)
...But then again, I was able to pull off the stealth perfectly so I never needed to, that's still 2:1 =p

Sir, I am in awe of your skills, please make an LP channel for me to watch on so I can cease my watching of The Two best scrubs play and see what a better player looks like.
tumblr_m3bfu8m1oQ1r69nx9.gif

Well I like to clarify things just out of habit because most people can be bad about that.

And yeah, it'll be fast enough, I don't really go for the whole dual monitor SLI nonsense because at that point it just seems unnecessary, so I'll just grab a 970 GTX, 16GB ram and a good intel Processor and be done.

SLI I think is silly, but dual monitors are so god damn useful in so many ways. I can't recommend it enough.

Zenfalcia

Ncix, newegg, amazon, tiger direct. The usuals.
My current computer did me good for the last 5 years but now even with proper upkeep and cleaning it has begun running ridiculously hot. During the vgas with just the stream and steam chat open it was running at around 125 Celsius. It is time to put it out to pasture

Ah, ok, then you probably have a good idea of what price you want to buy everything at.

Hmm.. I wonder why it was running hot.. Did you clean out the dust as well?

So while looking for the cute gif of the mad girl to respond to you I ended up progressively typing "moderately salty neogaf best friends gif" into google and just not noticed.

The thread has ruined you. I also love how no one or not many people know what anime she's from.

So while looking for the cute gif of the mad girl to respond to you I ended up progressively typing "moderately salty neogaf best friends gif" into google and just not noticed.
Yeah... I try to find the "This man knows" gif, but could never find it.
I didn't get it ;___; I forgot GameStop closes at 9 and I didn't get out of class till then.

I'll get it tomorrow
Alright. I'll just practice til then...

I crunched the numbers and while PC gaming is much more economical for long term, I can't see myself not getting game boxes or anything like that. I like displaying the boxes out :/

There might be something wrong with how I game.

The thread has ruined you. I also love how no one or not many people know what anime she's from.
No it's only made me better. Also someone posted the name earlier today but forgot to write it down.
Yeah... I try to find the "This man knows" gif, but could never find it.
It doesn't come up when you search that? I have the girl gif saved too
What came up?
This and this and this. Last one is my favorite.

I keep reading what I wrote and laughing at it and the fact that I actually wrote it

Sir, I am in awe of your skills, please make an LP channel for me to watch on so I can cease my watching of The Two best scrubs play and see what a better player looks like.

Lol, I mean it in a joking manner of course, hence the tongue sticking emote =p

If you looked into my past post, I've given credit where credit is due for Pat figuring out things that I never did, like running out of the room before the Alpha boss grab you instead of standing there like an idiot (I'm guilty), or that sniper headshots on the Sentinel while it was charging would cause it to fall over. I never knew all of that.

Heck in chapter 4 when he has to fight the mobs in that sewage area, I never even gone into the room with the oil barrels.

Xiraiya

I still regret going SLI. Not enough games support it.
Should have just bought a single 780ti, over going twin 770s.
I never saw the appeal because games on PC never stray that far above console specs, so SLI is nothing short of overkill and a waste of hardware in gaming, if PC gaming evolved a generation ahead of console specs, where a single video card would no longer be enough to run games at 60 frames maxed out, then it would make more sense, but no.

Ah, ok, then you probably have a good idea of what price you want to buy everything at.

Hmm.. I wonder why it was running hot.. Did you clean out the dust as well?
Oh yeah, blew it out and wiped it down, changed thermal paste, reseated heat sinks, checked all the fans to no avail. AMD stuff is infamous for running hot and topped with the age of the hardware it seems like it's just getting ready to die. Going with the salt masters Nvidia for my next build

Zenfalcia

No it's only made me better. Also someone posted the name earlier today but forgot to write it down.

It was probably me, i said it was a mediocre anime called Kyoukai no kanata. The art/animation is a pretty solid 8-9/10. Too bad the story is like a 6.

Example of the amazing story.

Spoilers for the show. You probably shouldn't watch this if you care about the anime since you need the context of the entire episode to get this. I hate/love it.
Doesn't imgur have that 2MB cap on gifs? We can use minus instead if our gifs are too big.

It think it does.. hmm.. I know albums have a limit, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom