• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

I honestly think, and hope, we get a Dark Souls 3.

As many problems as 2 had I loved playing through every minute of it and I'd be all for a new adventure.
If 3 followed on from Drangleic's story, or whatever the next Kingdom is that is born from your actions, I would honestly be okay with that if they did a good job with it.

I really like Drangleic and it's story, but thinking about Lordran being in the same universe pisses me off a bit since it's still an insult to DS1.

so i was surfing the Naruto Manga community thread and found this
We8cdV1.jpg

i, i just cant even
what?

You sure we are living on the same planet?

People are pretty dumb.

More like some people don't want to play the same game over and over. I'll just play the original again if I want that.

If 3 followed on from Drangleic's story, or whatever the next Kingdom is that is born from your actions, I would honestly be okay with that if they did a good job with it.

I really like Drangleic and it's story, but thinking about Lordran being in the same universe pisses me off a bit since it's still an insult to DS1.

I don't care if it's a continuation of the same story.

I just don't want to fight Ornstein, Sif, and Gwyn 2.0 every game.

More like some people don't want to play the same game over and over. I'll just play the original again if I want that.
No I'm saying a portion of the audience would just want the same thing over and over. I'm with you, I want this to be loosely tied into Demon's at most.

Dark 2 pisses me off with how blatant it gets.

It was the same for some other popular series like Oreimo. One person got so angry they bayoneted their own laptop with a picture of Kirino on it... It was dumb.

I've seen that gif so many times.

And you know what, I used to be all for that whole Naruto shipping thing but after he completely gutted any real personality his characters had I just lost all interest in the series.

Dark Souls 2 has the Emerald Herald
which is basicly Maiden 2.0

More like Maiden 0.5. Evil Within comments are on fire again today, but to be fair, I have to admit me saying "YEAH I GOT THAT GOO" as I walk by one is pretty goofy. That being said, I had to rewatch the clip 3 times to see the goo they were referring to. I may have missed that in normal play as well.

Zenfalcia

Naru x Woolie
Desperate attempt to get away from Naruto topic

You can't stop this late GAF train. It'll go where ever it wants to!
I've seen that gif so many times.

And you know what, I used to be all for that whole Naruto shipping thing but after he completely gutted any real personality his characters had I just lost all interest in the series.
It became pretty "internet famous"

Early on the best ship was sasuke x naruto, and that was half jokes and half serious for some. Didn't woolie, and pat agree that zabuzo or whatever his face was the peak for naruto and after that was bad?

More like Maiden 0.5. Evil Within comments are on fire again today, but to be fair, I have to admit me saying "YEAH I GOT THAT GOO" as I walk by one is pretty goofy. That being said, I had to rewatch the clip 3 times to see the goo they were referring to. I may have missed that in normal play as well.

did you see the comments that said you missed the free goo and key from the vending machines?

The latter half of Chapter 11 seemed pretty bad and I thought you were referring to that ride across that gap as "The Ride" you hated. Certainly not (but really am) looking forward to the next 2-3 parts to see how bad the next section really is.

Early on the best ship was sasuke x naruto, and that was half jokes and half serious for some. Didn't woolie, and pat agree that zabuzo or whatever his face was the peak for naruto and after that was bad?

Zabuza and Haku were easily the best parts of the entire series. Fucking love those guys.

I guess now's a good a time as any to ask, where do you focus (if there's a single spot) when you play games? Also how's your peripheral and such? I've come to realize that not everyone can notice shit like I can because a) I get distracted easily and b) I think my peripheral vision is above average. I might be full of shit on that last one but it's felt like that for a long time now.

Those BRAIN ENERGY vending machines. They have free goo, a statue and possibly explosives.

Yeah, again, I know what you're referring to. I got some out of every single one that I saw. I don't think you're understanding the question I'm asking here. If I didn't go up to it, I didn't notice it. At least I don't think so. Therefore I must have had them blend into the background noise for me, if I didn't, so the question then becomes which ones, and I don't know, because no timestamps. Im not asking you to track them down either, I'm just saying, yeah, I saw the comments, but I don't know what they're refering to because I went towards the vending machines that I personally noticed.

I guess now's a good a time as any to ask, where do you focus (if there's a single spot) when you play games? Also how's your peripheral and such? I've come to realize that not everyone can notice shit like I can because a) I get distracted easily and b) I think my peripheral vision is above average. I might be full of shit on that last one but it's felt like that for a long time now.
I'll at least say, off of this point, that my peripheral vision/situational awareness is shit in games and real life. I miss way too much unless I'm actively looking for it, and rely way more on audio queues for warning me about things. Once I've played a game or sequence once I do normal-to-above average, but my first time with a game I do pretty shit because of that.

Dead center of the screen. Which is obviously a problem because in Evil Within your character isn't offset at all. That being said, a big, BIG problem that I have been unable to shake (so far) is my tendency to turn to look at someone when I talk to them, which I do quite often, maybe 2-3 times a minute. Every time I've almost missed a qte it's because I'm literally not looking at the screen.

Since most of us has huge backlogs... What do you guys plan to cross out your backlogs?

Mine would be both P2s, ZOE1&2, and Gurren Lagann

In terms of anime?

Gurren Lagann, KLK, Durarara, Ippo, and a few others I'm forgetting.

In terms of games, pretty much everything that has come out this year.

That being said, a big, BIG problem that I have been unable to shake (so far) is my tendency to turn to look at someone when I talk to them, which I do quite often, maybe 2-3 times a minute. Every time I've almost missed a qte it's because I'm literally not looking at the screen.

This actually explains a LOT.

BossRush

Since most of us has huge backlogs... What do you guys plan to cross out your backlogs?

So much stuff

Some early Kamen Rider, Tribe Cool Crew, Kokkuri San, Parasyte, One Piece, My Hero Academy, Jojo

Game wise I want to play through every silent hill before hills comes out, and I need to sit myself down and actually play the metal gear series.

so Pat are we finally gonna get the PSX vid tonight(its almost 3am Thursday where i live)?
been looking forward to you freaking out about Yakuza live on camera

mike0dude

Serious question, Is it me or are the Youtube comments bleeding into the Subreddit?
Cause they've become shittier and shitter for the past few months.

I'll at least say, off of this point, that my peripheral vision/situational awareness is shit in games and real life. I miss way too much unless I'm actively looking for it, and rely way more on audio queues for warning me about things. Once I've played a game or sequence once I do normal-to-above average, but my first time with a game I do pretty shit because of that.
Yeah audio queues are great for reactionary things for me because I SUCK at timing sometimes for whatever reason. I freeze up I guess but if I hear it it's more of a rhythm. Brains are strange

I'm planning for DS1 and P2:IS during the break at least since I won't have to be doing anything. Maybe finish reading JoJo Part 3
Dead center of the screen. Which is obviously a problem because in Evil Within your character isn't offset at all. That being said, a big, BIG problem that I have been unable to shake (so far) is my tendency to turn to look at someone when I talk to them, which I do quite often, maybe 2-3 times a minute. Every time I've almost missed a qte it's because I'm literally not looking at the screen.
Yeah I've seen you get caught off guard by a few things. Not looking at the screen would explain that. I also noticed when Matt was telling you about the gel by the cage you only looked inside it instead of around in this last part. Not a huge deal but I guess looking around a small radius where people notice things could help.

so Pat are we finally gonna get the PSX vid tonight(its almost 3am Thursday where i live)?
been looking forward to you freaking out about Yakuza live on camera

One thing I've learned from years of internets is that asking won't make it come any faster.

If I had to guess, I would say to expect it around Saturday afternoon since Bestfriendvania is likely to end today if they keep with the schedule they seem to be on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom