• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

I know, I'm joking. Although I did it first time.
I really wish Valve could grab the rights to VTMB and the assets and release a Remastered.

If I was in charge of something like that, I would do the following
-Port it to the new source engine as it is, start out as a 1:1 Port
-Start fixing bugs until that game is completely polished
-Redo the cutscenes (They would all play out the same, have the same audio etc. etc., however they would have redone animations so everything flows nicely)
-Add a lock-on targeting feature in Melee combat to get around it's jankiness
-Redo the Hud so it's completely Identical as before only now looks nice and crisp and detailed even at 1080p
-Only restore content that is actually in the files/assets but broken/disabled, no adding completely new things in.
-Separate Clans from character models, so you can choose any of the characters for any of the clans, just for that extra bit of freedom.

If that was 90% the exact same game only functional and complete and fixed on a better engine, I'd happily pay for that.

Yeah I love his jontron show. I just find him annoying in the context of game grumps. Like I cannot watch jon era grumps anymore cause Danny being such a perfect human being ruined Jon for me.

Yeah, I'm the same way, Danny improved so much over Jon, but Arin ended up trying to take Jon's role. Still, definitely prefer the newer grumps.

I honestly do not mind the lightsaber.

Honestly, if The Force Awakens ends up being only alright (6/10), it would already be a vast improvement from the prequels.

Consider me hyped

croten

Hopefully the lightsaber fight(s) have some fucking weight to them.

1. The trailer lightsaber is a claymore, it would look weird to wield it any other way,

2. The prequel lightsaber stuff looked wayyy too fake.

I disagree, I think the prequels only good quality was the action scenes

I disagree, I think the prequels only good quality was the action scenes

4thrz.gif

...I've been thinking about Giant Bomb a lot lately. And I've decided I'm going to catch myself up on the episodes I've missed, which is every episode from 2014 thus far. Even with all the changes the site has gone through, I can't truly leave it.

And I can totally blast through the last eleven months of the podcast. Hell, I started listening to the Super Best Friend Cast near the end of last year and I listened to all the episodes I had not seen beforehand.

If Pat can blitz through long stretches of anime, I sure as hell can do the same with a year's worth of podcasts.

I always feel weird when I think about listening to podcasts from more than a week or so ago unless they don't really have a component related to time. Something like the Nerdist or Stuff You Should Know, but I feel like it'd be weird to listen to Bombcast or Friendcast episodes from a few months ago.

...I've been thinking about Giant Bomb a lot lately. And I've decided I'm going to catch myself up on the episodes I've missed, which is every episode from 2014 thus far. Even with all the changes the site has gone through, I can't truly leave it.

And I can totally blast through the last eleven months of the podcast. Hell, I started listening to the Super Best Friend Cast near the end of last year and I listened to all the episodes I had not seen beforehand.

If Pat can blitz through long stretches of anime, I sure as hell can do the same with a year's worth of podcasts.
Get ready for the Australian beef saga

I always feel weird when I think about listening to podcasts from more than a week or so ago unless they don't really have a component related to time. Something like the Nerdist or Stuff You Should Know, but I feel like it'd be weird to listen to Bombcast or Friendcast episodes from a few months ago.
Maybe the news sections, but listening on what they spent their week on is great.

I bet so many people tried to watch Kamen Rider Gaim now!
Probably no one tho, but
its interesting.

Rizzi

A light claymore makes no sense.
Yes, I know it's a science fiction make believe universe
Light doesn't you know.. weigh anything.

You'd be surprised at how timeless their humor and tangents are. Hell, even back on the Hotspot in '05-'07, shit was still fun to listen to well after the fact.

Plus, with the amount of lore and inside jokes I've missed over the past year (something I kept up on constantly with the site since 2008), I HAVE to know what the hell I've been missing.

Archgan

I recently started listening to the old Bombcasts and when it is years in the past it can be fun to look back on things knowing the outcome. For example, in some old Bombcasts they talk about how there aren't any new "old west" games and are talking about Red Dead Redemption in the context it was probably cancelled.

Archgan

I know we are not talking about Gintama now, but I was just thinking about the latest Gintama arc and I realized that it is basically the
end of Naruto done right. The hero fights the rival with all he's got with a flashback in between. It even ends up turning into a fist fight.

I know we are not talking about Gintama now, but I was just thinking about the latest Gintama arc and I realized that it is basically the
end of Naruto done right. The hero fights the rival with all he's got with a flashback in between. It even ends up turning into a fist fight.
Gin and Shinsuke are basically a well written Naruto and Sasuke who have a menigful relationship because theyre fucking war buddies. They saw shit man.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So my brother bought the evil within
for the ps3
yesterday. He doesn't know anything about the game, so I'm ready to have some Pat and matt like adventures with him.

So my brother bought the evil within
for the ps3
yesterday. He doesn't know anything about the game, so I'm ready to have some Pat and matt like adventures with him.

Uh, good luck with that.

I defeated the true final boss of Isaac. Feels good. Now to work on challenges and Platinum God.

Speaking of star wars and lightsabers

lightsaber.png

That's actually completely possible. I remember in one of the expanded universe books someone had a lightsaber that had a 7 foot blade, but the hilt was like a foot and a half long cause it needed a big kyber crystal and power supply.
I always wanted a sort of Death Star like thing that was just a giant lightsaber floating through space that could project a beam through a planet.

Oberon

Banned
So I have been exposed to a lot of estrogen the past few months (mostly figuratively but a bit literaly too) And It doesn't help that most Anime I have watched have mostly a female cast.
I know I am now quite flippant with the Anime choices.....
But Is it time to watch Ippo? ( where do I even begin with that serie?)
Any other suggestions? And no i can't watch Jojo again

So I have been exposed to a lot of estrogen the past few months (mostly figuratively but a bit literaly too) And It doesn't help that most Anime I have watched have mostly a female cast.

Kuroko no basket

Gurren Lagaan

DBZ

Black lagoon

Ultimate Muscle English dubbed.
Aaron approved I think?
>Shay main kaing

/dead
Its alright. Its his accent!

Get back to watching Needless (unless you just finished without me knowing).

That or start Shin Mazinger Shougeki Z-Hen.

Zenfalcia

1. Berserk
2. Berserk
3. Berserk
4. Berserk
5. Berserk

oh and fist of the north star.

croten

Yes watch Ippo.

EDIT: I am disappointed in the lack of Ippo representation, for shame guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom