• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I just watched episode 8 of Gurren Lagann. (spoilers)
I got spoilered about what happened a while ago, but that still hit really hard. The hypest shit (GIGA DRILL BREAKER YEAH) followed immediately by the saddest shit.
For people here who've watched it, did you prefer the sub or the dub?
It's a pretty good dub, so support the english VAs!

How many of you have played and finished TEW? Just curious, it'll be interesting to see everyone's reactions to the end sections of the game

I've not watched the latest part yet but I'll do it tomorrow, I do remember that chapter not being great tho, I also don't remember anything between that section and the end of the game for whatever reason

Completed all of it and enjoyed most of it.

There's a great theory about what happened in the end sequence fight.

It's fine! (SPOILERS FOR RAILGUN ANIME)
this also works since the clone arcs created tons of misakas.

You don't need to wait till the second Railgun season to know about that though.

Scientific Railgun or Magical Index? Cuz I don't wanna be spoiled on Railgun, haven't seen S2 which a lot of people say is better.

Imo, very strong first half, but I couldn't follow through the second half (new original arc).

Could you share because I'm still mind fucked about that ending sequence

Just referring to the final fight itself-

One theory is that it's Sebastian's own power fantasies, given the very blatant continuity error like him pulling out a handgun instead of his usual revolver. My own observation is that the rocket launcher seems to have been taken from that very Sadist that you killed earlier. Personally I think Sebastian manage to wrestle control from Ruvik after destroying the STEMs.

For the actual ending sequence, I think simplicity is the way to go.

Just referring to the final fight itself-

One theory is that it's Sebastian's own power fantasies, given the very blatant continuity error like him pulling out a handgun instead of his usual revolver. My own observation is that the rocket launcher seems to have been taken from that very Sadist that you killed earlier. Personally I think Sebastian manage to wrestle control from Ruvik after destroying the STEMs.

For the actual ending sequence, I think simplicity is the way to go.
I remember hearing that theory, and it somehow justified the instances where I would kill an enemy, see them drop nothing, only to return to that spot a minute later and ammo or supplies would appear. The game giving you stuff randomly I attributed to that idea. A bit of fridge brilliance if that was all intended by Mikami.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I have a (babby) final tomorrow too though. Sucks.

Ehhhhh, I could send you the whole list of things to change if you're really up to it.
Or you could give it to someone else.
I don't know how OT works.
But you should probably get some sleep, you're never gonna get anyone if you don't get enough sleep.

Sure, I'm done all my exams any ways. Up to you.
I'm gonna forward all the stuff to you. Anything you do is ahead of what I'm capable of atm.
You could just do it now
I need a bunch of new content for each Zaibatsu member, writing out new stuff, doing it myself would just make it shit atm, not to mention now I'm scared I won't be online when we hit 20K.

I was kinda banking on less posting since people had finals, Pat coming on did the opposite effect. Oh well.

Zenfalcia

Does it have a banner yet? I could make it maybe...

It would be QA to make sure the whole thread isn't lewd,

What do you have in mind? Pm me if you want to keep it a secret. I have some ideas too.
Zen, the hero this thread deserves but not the one it needs.

Do I have a signal or something?
I'm very excited for the author of the Official Best Friends thread to have a hentai avatar

There's a first for everything.

ultimax

What version are you playing? On PC you probably could modify some files or patches. What music would you put in? Wrestling entrance themes when meeting bosses?

latest

heres your daily yes gif, 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom