• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjack

Banned

giphy.gif

Oberon

Banned
Kuroko no basket

Gurren Lagaan

DBZ

Black lagoon

TTGL? I don't want to cry!

Ultimate Muscle English dubbed.
Aaron approved I think?

Its alright. Its his accent!

Sorry, his stand also affect my oppinion on dubs!

Get back to watching Needless (unless you just finished without me knowing).

That or start Shin Mazinger Shougeki Z-Hen.

It depends, do thy focus less on the loli after
the first Adam fight?

1. Berserk
2. Berserk
3. Berserk
4. Berserk
5. Berserk

oh and fist of the north star.

I am not looking for a Anime to watch on a Date!

Yes watch Ippo.

How? In what order?

ultimax

So I have been exposed to a lot of estrogen the past few months (mostly figuratively but a bit literaly too) And It doesn't help that most Anime I have watched have mostly a female cast.
I know I am now quite flippant with the Anime choices.....
But Is it time to watch Ippo? ( where do I even begin with that serie?)
Any other suggestions? And no i can't watch Jojo again

Its always time to watch Ippo. and Berserk.

Especially Ippo.

And Berserk.

just watch them, for fucks sake

croten

TTGL? I don't want to cry!

Sorry, his stand also affect my oppinion on dubs!

the first Adam fight?

I am not looking for a Anime to watch on a Date!

How? In what order?

From the beginning

Hajime no Ippo > New Challenger > Rising

The first series is around 70ish episodes, New challenger and Rising are both 26

ultimax

From the beginning

Hajime no Ippo > New Challenger > Rising

The first series is around 70ish episodes, New challenger and Rising are both 26

And dont forget the 2 movies after you watch the first season.

Champion road, and "second movie title is somewhat spoilerish so dont worry about it for now"

the first Adam fight?
Eh, not really. They introduce more characters and stuff, though most of them are female. Blade is still the center of the show, however.

But whatever, if that doesn't suit you now, just go with Shin Mazinger. Or New Getter Robo. Either way it's more manly than GL, so take your pick.

So I have been exposed to a lot of estrogen the past few months (mostly figuratively but a bit literaly too) And It doesn't help that most Anime I have watched have mostly a female cast.
I know I am now quite flippant with the Anime choices.....
But Is it time to watch Ippo? ( where do I even begin with that serie?)
Any other suggestions? And no i can't watch Jojo again

Ippo is as manly as it gets. Hunter x Hunter is also fucking amazing. And Dok's recommendations are all great as well.

Also snagged the alien anthology for 20 bucks. Never seen an alien movie before but I've seen the first predator and that was amazing.

Also snagged the alien anthology for 20 bucks. Never seen an alien movie before but I've seen the first predator and that was amazing.
Oh man. OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH man, you are in for a fucking treat.

First two films are fantastic, third is not terrible but only decent with the assembly cut, and just ignore Resurrection.

I'm not sure how good the sub is.

I think I really like that touch but I need some context. It was pretty cool to introduce the world.

The context as to why it attacked him in the first place? It is not a spoiler but
Guts is constantly being hunted by demons of all kinds, it also serves as a good way to show how fucked up and dark the story is. one would almost say edgy but there is a hell of a lot more to Berserk then just violence and messed up things

Xiraiya

So people go on and on about NVIDIA inspector, when everytime I use it for AA etc. in games, it blurs the fuck out of everything, where as regular AA in the control panel gets the game just as smooth while blurring nothing about the game except edges... what am I missing here?

Oh man. OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH man, you are in for a fucking treat.

First two films are fantastic, third is not terrible but only decent with the assembly cut, and just ignore Resurrection.

Yeah I figured I'll just watch the first 3 and ignore the 4th. I was also gonna get the back to the future trilogy for like 10 bucks since I've never seen any of them but I was too late on the lightning deal.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
We're like 20 minutes in the TEW. Boy are the camera angles bad and the textures pop in every time it loads.
My bro has also died like 7 times.

The context as to why it attacked him in the first place? It is not a spoiler but
Guts is constantly being hunted by demons of all kinds, it also serves as a good way to show how fucked up and dark the story is. one would almost say edgy but there is a hell of a lot more to Berserk then just violence and messed up things

I forgot about the
mark when Griffith branded him
that beginning did seem pretty edgy, but the human reactions to
the messed up stuff
was really nice. Now is a good time to catch up I guess.

So people go on and on about NVIDIA inspector, when everytime I use it for AA etc. in games, it blurs the fuck out of everything, where as regular AA in the control panel gets the game just as smooth while blurring nothing about the game except edges... what am I missing here?

What AA are you using? And some games aren't compatible with some other games AA.

I know when I used Inspector to interject some stronger AA and an SLI profile into Dark Souls 2, I got some buggy performance.

Xiraiya

What AA are you using? And some games aren't compatible with some other games AA.

I know when I used Inspector to interject some stronger AA and an SLI profile into Dark Souls 2, I got some buggy performance.

I was following guides for DS2 suggesting to use Diablo III or whatever, but it just blurs everything and somehow looks even more jagged at the same time.

Doesn't seem to matter what compatibility mode I use, even regular AA with VTMB blurred everything, but if I just do it all from control panel it looks WAY better, though that doesn't seem to even work really for DS2 so who knows, either way so far Inspector seems really disappointing, going by the ways people have been using it anyway.

Alfebit

Banned
Don't believe in the Sonic who believes in you, and don't believe in the Knuckles that believes in me. Believe in the Knuckles that believes in yourself.

JoJo94

Sonic Boom is amazing.

Wow Woolie is super fucking wrong on the archie comic lore.

But I thought he could see all of them

No, but do it. Watch it, do the thing.

I just finished the video. Man... The animation and directing and just everything is so bad.. the world is.. ok at best..

The world is so empty at parts some parts are passable some parts are puke worthy. It's just so bad...I really hope my dad doesn't think I still like Sonic so he can avoid it for Christmas...oh god.

Mrgoodwil has Elizabeth wearing a Santa hat. We're not going to be beating that.

What about Pat as an elf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom