• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that the Super Best Friends could make a good LP out of it?

I think that it would be a mix of the I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream LP and the Yakuza, but Reddit doesn't think it would be a good idea when I posted over there.

Uhhh I dunno, the No Mouth LP was cool because there was some dialogue almost all the time, and while I really enjoyed the Yakuza LP Matt said it was one of the least viewed sadly. A lot of the enjoyment I've gotten from P2 has been from taking my time to talk to people and that's not something you can really do in LPs. Plus the random battles kinda slow you down and there's a lot of that in between anything happening. Chrono Trigger sorta got past that by having the battles blend into the background and be different a lot of the time. There was a point in P2 early on where I didn't pay attention to what someone told me and I misunderstood it and I had to go through the area once more, and I can easily see that happening to them too. Thinking about it actually it happened again later on and I can see Pat overthinking the second area like I did. So while the story would be really cool seeing what their reactions would be, the actual playing itself would hurt the potential LP.

Wow I did not need to write this much I apologize

Uhhh I dunno, the No Mouth LP was cool because there was some dialogue almost all the time, and while I really enjoyed the Yakuza LP Matt said it was one of the least viewed sadly. A lot of the enjoyment I've gotten from P2 has been from taking my time to talk to people and that's not something you can really do in LPs. Plus the random battles kinda slow you down and there's a lot of that in between anything happening. Chrono Trigger sorta got past that by having the battles blend into the background and be different a lot of the time. There was a point in P2 early on where I didn't pay attention to what someone told me and I misunderstood it and I had to go through the area once more, and I can easily see that happening to them too. Thinking about it actually it happened again later on and I can see Pat overthinking the second area like I did. So while the story would be really cool seeing what their reactions would be, the actual playing itself would hurt the potential LP.

Oh did you face the
dumb
secret optional boss in the first dungeon?

That was the part where I got hooked in P2:IS.

I kinda actually wanna push the LP just to raise awareness to P2 tbh. I think it would be interesting enough to work around that.

croten

Plus Chrono Trigger worked because Pat knew it inside and out. As far as I'm aware none of them have played P2 which would mean it would be a blind playthrough and I think that would be a horrible idea for a JRPG.

Oh did you face the
dumb
secret optional boss in the first dungeon?

That was the part where I got hooked in P2:IS.

I didn't even know about it until now, what was it? Also it would work well as a cut up quick look showing the combination spells and the dumb shit that happens.

Plus Chrono Trigger worked because Pat knew it inside and out. As far as I'm aware none of them have played P2 which would mean it would be a blind playthrough and I think that would be a horrible idea for a JRPG.

This too

I didn't even know about it until now, what was it?
First part is how to get it

If you ask students in a certain classroom,
you get a mission where you get an assassination mission and steal proof that you killed it.
In doing so, you get a rumor spreading option.
You need to kill the infamous toilet spirit Hanako.
I really find the combo spells to be pretty hype as long as they change it to auto when fighting.
The dumb shit that happens is great character development where they can discuss.

At least one person needs to play it tho and be like the No mouth No scream LP.

First part is how to get it

If you ask students in a certain classroom,
you get a mission where you get an assassination mission and steal proof that you killed it.
In doing so, you get a rumor spreading option.
You need to kill the infamous toilet spirit Hanako.

Oh shit yeah I saw someone talking about that but I didn't know it was there. I thought I'd need to get the rumor first and then go fight it later on. Can you go back to it?

Xiraiya

Holy god Junpei what have you done, gives me an MMO game and I have crashed into the most irritating dialogue in forever.

Curse you Maya.

Oh shit yeah I saw someone talking about that but I didn't know it was there. I thought I'd need to get the rumor first and then go fight it later on. Can you go back to it?
I don't know. I've always done it. There was the one specific guy in that room too.
Holy god Junpei what have you done, gives me an MMO game and I have crashed into the most irritating dialogue in forever.

Curse you Maya.
pITUUXt.png

Emouse

man I wish Marie wasn't such a bullshit endboss, I would probably enjoy Skullgirls a lot more if she wasn't, it's pretty much play arcade till Marie then attempt her once and quit

I'd love a VS CPU mode for training purposes but it's extremely highly unlikely it'll ever happen

oh the plus side I realise Valentine has a Haruhara Haruko colour which is awesome, all her colours are great

man I wish Marie wasn't such a bullshit endboss, I would probably enjoy Skullgirls a lot more if she wasn't, it's pretty much play arcade till Marie then attempt her once and quit

I'd love a VS CPU mode for training purposes but it's extremely highly unlikely it'll ever happen

oh the plus side I realise Valentine has a Haruhara Haruko colour which is awesome, all her colours are great
I would say put her just in story mode and training, but yeah. If you wanted the story just play on easy. I actually need the training mode just to practice Big Band's parries.
Oh yeah I always do that. Some of the NPCs dialogue is so good. That bitch that wanted Tatsuya's D is so salt
I really like that hint of information regarding Tatsuya's
father
. It makes me really wonder what
Tatsuya's backstory is. Not the backstory I made for him.

Squishy3

go play any snk game and come back to me

marie is chump change

Emouse

I would say put her just in story mode and training, but yeah. If you wanted the story just play on easy. I actually need the training mode just to practice Big Band's parries.

Yeah putting her in story mode only would be fine but hey what can you do, I don't mind using training mode it's obviously super useful but I've been using Vs CPU in USFIV to learn what things look like and what they do, seeing as I have no time to go in to training with 44 characters and learn all their stuff that way

go play any snk game and come back to me

marie is chump change

disclaimer: I am not good at fighting games

I just cheap her out with multiple hit attack and keep hitting her with that. Filia's j.MP, Parasoul's j.HK

She also has a Silent Hill Nurse alt
I really like that hint of information regarding Tatsuya's
father
. It makes me really wonder what
Tatsuya's backstory is. Not the backstory I made for him.
Man some of the stuff people say throw me off. I'm like "Is this real? Is this rumors? Is this something that is/will become real because of rumors?" Fuck now I can't decide if I wanna play DS1 or P2 right now
Yeah putting her in story mode only would be fine but hey what can you do, I don't mind using training mode it's obviously super useful but I've been using Vs CPU in USFIV to learn what things look like and what they do, seeing as I have no time to go in to training with 44 characters and learn all their stuff that way
I'm pretty sure there's an option to turn on the CPU while you're in training mode

sjay1994

Started Persona Q.

I was expecting the gameplay to suck based on how much Pat hates EO.... but its actually pretty good so far.

Rei is pretty fucking lame though. Also.... fucking christ why don't I have enough characters to type in "Narukami"

Xiraiya

just wait till you find out who Maya is mwhahahahahaha

Yeah I assume it's one of the teachers at school, my money was on crazy samurai teacher, but I was kind of hoping it wouldn't be a male just because that's the only thing that could make Maya even more cringeworthy.

Emouse

I just cheap her out with multiple hit attack and keep hitting her with that. Filia's j.MP, Parasoul's j.HK

She also has a Silent Hill Nurse alt

Yeah I try to do that most of the time but get fed up even bothering after she's just floating over half my shit

Yeaah she does, also the Sheena, Shinobu & Taki ones are great too

Man some of the stuff people say throw me off. I'm like "Is this real? Is this rumors? Is this something that is/will become real because of rumors?" Fuck now I can't decide if I wanna play DS1 or P2 right now
Yeah thats why I want Pat and Woolie to do this. Trying to piece the infomation out. Its genious! There isn't anybody like ENB or Vaati that played P2. Also the Youtube comments won't say that they are trash at the game. Except for us hipsters, who actually wants to play it when its overshadowed by P3 and P4?

Is the top 10 of 2013 vid out yet?
Nope?

Yeah thats why I want Pat and Woolie to do this. Trying to piece the infomation out. Its genious! There isn't anybody like ENB or Vaati that played P2. Also the Youtube comments won't say that they are trash at the game. Except for us hipsters, who actually wants to play it when its overshadowed by P3 and P4?

More people need to get good and being crazy and playing everything in a series.
I'm not crazy enough to touch PQ though

More people need to get good and being crazy and playing everything in a series.
I'm not crazy enough to touch PQ though
From what the PersonaGAF said on Q, its better written than P4G's Marie content or P4A(U).

I don't think thats hard to do when there are only 2-4 routes in A and some of U that are worth doing.

From what the PersonaGAF said on Q, its better written than P4G's Marie content or P4A(U).

I don't think thats hard to do when there are only 2-4 routes in A and some of U that are worth doing.

If I'm interested enough I might watch someone else play it once I'm done with Golden, but EO types of games put me off because of the mapping. Plus the story being canon in a very non canon way makes me lose interest

If I'm interested enough I might watch someone else play it once I'm done with Golden, but EO types of games put me off because of the mapping. Plus the story being canon in a very non canon way makes me lose interest

The Mapping is interesting in EO, but after hearing that you have to map all of it in Q my urge to play it greatly diminished.

Its super canon tho!!!
Just like Marie is super Canon guys!

very minor A and U spoilers!:
I can't even believe she's not even mentioned in A, but forcibly put in U.
"It's not complete shit at least" - PersonaGAF review of PQ
Something like that.

croten

Persona Q is the fucking worst, but it's so good though. But I refuse to admit I like it!

It's ok man, when we're all eventually disappointed I'm sure there will be a DMC5 withdrawal thread like with TLG where you can be sad with everyone else.

No! it's totally happening!

I'm super on the fence on buying PQ because I want to play it but I also just want to sell my 3DS and buy a new one when the new model comes out overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom