• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ok man, when we're all eventually disappointed I'm sure there will be a DMC5 withdrawal thread like with TLG where you can be sad with everyone else.

One, the circumstances are different. DMC is still one of Capcom's core franchises. TLG hasn't been seen in years, and is only mentioned to calm fans.

Two, DMC5 was never announced. How can something be dead, if it was never alive in the first place.

For the record, I don't believe it is DMC5, but who knows.

tumblr_n2egzrFbSS1t8x277o3_500.jpg

Alien Isolation says hi

I picked that up for free with my new GPU. Doubt I'll ever play it.

croten

One, the circumstances are different. DMC is still one of Capcom's core franchises. TLG hasn't been seen in years, and is only mentioned to calm fans.

Two, DMC5 was never announced. How can something be dead, if it was never alive in the first place.

They wouldn't say it's one of their core franchises if they had no plans for it, I hope

ultimax

But if another devil may cry game came out wouldn't it just be a sequel to the shitty reboot made by ninja theory? I'd rather have nothing announced than a sequel to that pile of crap

Especially you.

I wasn't bein serious or anything lol. I know they're both in very different scenarios. But I don't think it's DMC5 they're announcing. Unless sony is paying the big dollars I don't think it'd be an exclusive ps4 game.

But if another devil may cry game came out wouldn't it just be a sequel to the shitty reboot made by ninja theory? I'd rather have nothing announced than a sequel to that pile of crap

I'm pretty sure capcom said it's a game they're developing themselves. So it can't be DmC2.

Ah...home sweet home.

Rearranged my desk to have my laptop set in between my two monitors, and the PS3 is moved to the left side. Making room for the PS4 next Thursday. God I can't wait.

But for now...PROJECT DIVA TIME!!! And simultaneous Shadow of Mordor download on Steam, while I'm at it.

I'm pretty sure capcom said it's a game they're developing themselves. So it can't be DmC2.

That doesn't actually mean that it can't be a sequel. Capcom still owns those characters.

Now, it's very, very unlikely, seeing that the first one, again, was the worst selling game in the franchise, but we'll see.

If a new DMC does come out, I see it being a reboot, but in the vain of the original games. The speed that Capcom went to reboot the series in the first place typically means that they have no idea on how to continue the franchise.

croten

That doesn't actually mean that it can't be a sequel. Capcom still owns those characters.

Now, it's very, very unlikely, seeing that the first one, again, was the worst selling game in the franchise, but we'll see.

If a new DMC does come out, I see it being a reboot, but in the vain of the original games. The speed that Capcom went to reboot the series in the first place typically means that they have no idea on how to continue the franchise.

As long as Itsuno is working on it I don't give fuck if it's DMC5 or DmC2

croten

Ah...home sweet home.

Rearranged my desk to have my laptop set in between my two monitors, and the PS3 is moved to the left side. Making room for the PS4 next Thursday. God I can't wait.

But for now...PROJECT DIVA TIME!!! And simultaneous Shadow of Mordor download on Steam, while I'm at it.

Both of these are good games, Shadow of mordor is way too easy though

JoJo94

DOUBLE REPPUKEN.

Haha wow, is that an actual url? I can't load it, but I'm guessing it's about that waifu wars stuff they had going on. What happened to that shit anyway? Chie won, I'm guessing.

Nah it's not over. Naoto is winning against Chie but the guy running it made the post entirely about Naoto pretty much, and even made the tags about Naoto so yeahhhh.

croten

DOUBLE REPPUKEN.

Haha wow, is that an actual url? I can't load it, but I'm guessing it's about that waifu wars stuff they had going on. What happened to that shit anyway? Chie won, I'm guessing.

no it's the final vote between Chie and Naoto and the coverage is exclusively Naoto with one video of Chie. Vote is fairly close with Naoto in the lead

Xiraiya

I don't see how, it's way up there with OP in rankings, sooner ot later they have to get their shit together and bring back the anime.

In what, volume sales or popularity?

Also you have to keep in mind that Attack on Titan blew the world up yet it's not getting a new series until 2016.

JoJo94

Sounds totally not biased at all nope no sirree.
It doesn't matter though. I doubt Chie's huge fanbase can be beaten. Surprised Mitsuru didn't make it to the finals tho. I don't like the character, but I thought she was quite popular.

Eh I was following this as a joke at first but now I'm actually interested since it's between my two favorites so I'll see. I guess a lot of people just felt Mitsuru is kind of obvious maybe...

croten

Sounds totally not biased at all nope no sirree.
It doesn't matter though. I doubt Chie's huge fanbase can be beaten. Surprised Mitsuru didn't make it to the finals tho. I don't like the character, but I thought she was quite popular.

I think she lost to Chie in round one

JoJo94

As much as I wish I was, I wasn't. I just generally encountered way more Rise and Mitsuru fans when browsing anything Persona related. Not as much as Chie of course and her place in the finals was a given, but still.

Predictable that she's there, though that's completely irrelevant and holds no value anyway.

I've actually not seen a lot of Rise fans except for in here personally. Mitsuru though yeah that's a given. I honestly didn't know Chie had such a huge fanbase until this year honestly I actually thought she was the least liked for some reason I saw way more Naoto than Chie.

JoJo94

Guess my experience doesn't wholly align with reality then. But like I said, who cares. I'm growing tired of Waifu wars, even if we're just joking around.

Oh I bounce between tired of them and just laughing at everyone but it's been more tired really. Might be the last time I pay attention to one but who knows something might make me laugh again at one.

croten

Guess my experience doesn't wholly align with reality then. But like I said, who cares. I'm growing tired of Waifu wars, even if we're just joking around. Seeing too many serious, actual waifu wars has made me dislike it.

GODDAMN IT!

Oh cool! What did she think of the entire
Incest scene featuring Ragyo and Satsuki/Ryuko?

Persona doesn't even have good Waifus

JoJo94

GODDAMN IT!

Oh cool! What did she think of the entire
Incest scene featuring Ragyo and Satsuki/Ryuko?

You luv it gurl!!!

...I am not asking her anything about that scene. Haven't had a chance to ask her specifics, BUt I know that she though it was really weird but she liked it...I personally think she loved Satsuki being kind of a boss bitch character for a while...since that's kind of her at work when shit needs to get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom