• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

He's just not very interesting these days, It's messed up Liam is ranked higher than him, because I like Matt considerably more than Liam, but I really don't think he's suited for LPs anymore, so I can see why it's like that now.

Been watching TBF since about 2012, Pat has always come across as roughly the most popular in my experience.

Probably just drained from having to plan his wedding.

Oh shit he saw that? I feel really bad for him, he was having a shitty day recently so this isn't any good for him

maybe he did see this but during one of the most recent Evil Within parts he says how Woolie told him to stop making Simpsons references, which seems to be a huge part of what he does so maybe they are aware of the fatigue of his jokes and are trying to fight back against it

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Finally home after a long day of work, and see that fisticuffs has just been uploaded. its been a good day

Xiraiya

That might be true, but it seems like Matt is taking it that way. He is the big boss of the Zaibatsu, so he should be more well liked in his mind. It is somewhat evident in the recent videos.

Well too bad, I like Matt a whole lot as a person, but we're here because of LPs and games, if he's just sitting there showing very obviously vague interest which he can't help because his life needs to take priority over video games then that's the result he has to deal with, I was honestly surprised when I first learned he was the "boss" because it always sounded like Pat was, Matt never gives that impression.

croten

Well too bad, I like Matt a whole lot as a person, but we're here because of LPs and games, if he's just sitting there showing very obviously vague interest which he can't help because his life needs to take priority over video games then that's the result he has to deal with, I was honestly surprised when I first learned he was the "boss" because it always sounded like Pat was, Matt never gives that impression.

I always thought Matt gave that impression.

It's a different show but is actually pretty fucking hilarious in its own way. The over the top 4Kids acting works with how ridiculous the show is.

I kinda recommended it to Oberon after he asked for manly anime. He probably never watched it as a kid and I wanted to recommend some thing different from what other people would say. Which would you say is better, the sub or dub?

I kinda recommended it to Oberon after he asked for manly anime. He probably never watched it as a kid and I wanted to recommend some thing different from what other people would say. Which would you say is better, the sub or dub?

It depends on what you want, the sub is pretty foul, and given Oberon's love of Prison School, I'd say for him that would be better. The sub also has more overt wrestling references and the hype moments are actually hype.

The dub feels kinda like a parody, but is solid on its own, I'd still recommend the sub solely for when it gets serious, since those moments are lost on the dub.

GOD DAMN IT, MY ROOMMATE LEFT HIS FUCKING WINDOW OPEN WHEN HE MOVED OUT, AND I CAN'T SHUT IT, SO IT'S ALWAYS A DRAFT COMING IN. PITY ME!

Ahem. It's cold in here.

Speaking of which, I got that apartment and don't have to pay the deposits. I get to move in tomorrow, motherfucker made this shit right.

yes-rudy1.gif

Good job.

It depends on what you want, the sub is pretty foul, and given Oberon's love of Prison School, I'd say for him that would be better. The sub also has more overt wrestling references and the hype moments are actually hype.

The dub feels kinda like a parody, but is solid on its own, I'd still recommend the sub solely for when it gets serious, since those moments are lost on the dub.
He said he got too much estrogen literally and figuratively so thats why he wanted a manly anime to make it stop for some reason? From that reasoning I guess I was right in recommending him the dub. I thought the dub was already really lewd, but I guess the sub is worse. I'll get around to watching the sub after Ippo.
Speaking of which, I got that apartment and don't have to pay the deposits. I get to move in tomorrow, motherfucker made this shit right.
Thats good that you got it sorted out.

He said he got too much estrogen literally and figuratively so thats why he wanted a manly anime to make it stop for some reason? From that reasoning I guess I was right in recommending him the dub. I thought the dub was already really lewd, but I guess the sub is worse. I'll get around to watching the sub after Ippo.

The dub cuts out some of the manlier moments, so if that's his reasoning, he should probably watch the sub.

And its less lewd, and more overt dick and shit jokes. Dik Dik Van Dik is the one thing that's significantly better in the dub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom