• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Divinity Dragon Commander is an interesting rts/political simulator where you turn into a dragon blowing shit up while talking with people aboard your ship kinda like Mass Effect. It also takes place before every other Divinity game, including Original Sin.

That's such a weird direction to take a previously RPG-heavy series.

JoJo94

I compared her to that by her needlessly being added to the games.
Did you remember how she got put in Ultimax for almost no reason?

Do you mean the story mode or making her playable

Ultimax didn't really bother me personally, in the story mode a bit since she really did nothing, but not making her playable since Rise kind of had a BS reason to become playable that bothered me a bit more.

Jman014

That's such a weird direction to take a previously RPG-heavy series.

Yeah it is, but it was entertaining for me. Soundtrack was great. I think it's the same composer for the other Divinity games too. I know it is the same composer for Original Sin.
There's at least one reference to Dragon Commander in Original Sin that was pretty cool.

EDIT: Oh and there's romance in Dragon Commander for those of you that want that.

Do you mean the story mode or making her playable

Ultimax didn't really bother me personally, in the story mode a bit since she really did nothing, but not making her playable since Rise kind of had a BS reason to become playable that bothered me a bit more.

Yeah what I was refering to was the story mode. I thought it was just the slip of the tounge from Yosuke, but apparently not. She's kinda fun as a fighter.

I can believe Rise since her Persona felt less like a support persona since she could barely analyze the shadows.

JoJo94

Yeah what I was refering to was the story mode. I thought it was just the slip of the tounge from Yosuke, but apparently not. She's kinda fun as a fighter.

I can believe Rise since her Persona felt less like a support persona since she could barely analyze the shadows.

Yeah the story mode for her was them just putting her in it bothered me in that way and that she did nothing really, but they knew not to make her an important story factor.
I just think it's weird that it transforms with pretty much no explanation other than her saying "I can fight too" anime logic I guess...

Good morning Frienders, are you all okay?

Need to do my homework that I have been putting off but other than that I'm good.

Jman014

Isn't there
skeleton
romance?

spooby

Yeah five different romance options

Figured it'd be something you guys would be interested in seeing as how waifus are brought up often.

But no, the different dialogue options affecting the gameplay are pretty cool.

I'd check it out if it goes on sale.

JoJo94

No, that's not what I meant. Lightning is an atrocious character and even Marie is countless times better. What I meant is that Marie seemed to be shoved into a game without fitting in just because of the dev's fondness of the character.

Okay, I can understand that part. Was about to say did you forget how much you hate Lightning jk.

Xiraiya

Arcanum has one of my favorite sets of party members you can get/talk to/do stuff with

- New priest of a religion with a shady past, occasionally slips and curses
- A big dumb ogre who with drunk dialogue you meet in the first bar, he never becomes sober
- A legendary warrior/murderer who was too badass to be killed so he was banished to another realm
- A Dog you save, your strongest member eventually
- A physiological Dwarven King who you must debate with to convince him to join
- A version of the hulk if he was british and enjoyed tea and political intricacies.
- Smartass bored necromancer
- A skeleton warrior who you give dragon blood to, to restore his flesh.

And quite a few others.

Jman014

Slightly disappointed that they won't be doing an LP of Tales of the Borderlands, but I understand. They don't find Borderlands interesting. I didn't finish 1 or 2 since I didn't find it compelling enough to continue but Tales from the Borderlands was more entertaining to me than the fps.

Looking forward to the GoT LP, though.

Xiraiya

Also, anyone reading Liar Game? Shit's really good

I love Liar Game, but I always forget about it, I hear it has a Live Action thing but I can't imagine it being anywhere near as good, the Art feels like rejected Death Note art but after awhile you get use to it.
It's a highly addicting Manga, I WISH It had a goddamn anime.

Slightly disappointed that they won't be doing an LP of Tales of the Borderlands, but I understand. They don't find Borderlands interesting. I didn't finish 1 or 2 since I didn't find it compelling enough to continue but Tales from the Borderlands was more entertaining to me than the fps.
Looking forward to the GoT LP, though.
I enjoyed both Borderlands, I mean yeah they are the kind of game that gets old fast if you sit there for hours, but I usually always want to go back and play, I quite liked 2's story.
I just wish it wasn't SO MMO'ish.

Nordicus

Arcanum has one of my favorite sets of party members you can get/talk to/do stuff with

- New priest of a religion with a shady past, occasionally slips and curses
- A big dumb ogre who with drunk dialogue you meet in the first bar, he never becomes sober
- A legendary warrior/murderer who was too badass to be killed so he was banished to another realm
- A Dog you save, your strongest member eventually
- A physiological Dwarven King who you must debate with to convince him to join
- A version of the hulk if he was british and enjoyed tea and political intricacies.
- Smartass bored necromancer
- A skeleton warrior who you give dragon blood to, to restore his flesh.

And quite a few others.
I really need to get Arcanum. And no digital, fuck that. This is the last Troika game I need in a cardboard box and then I have their every game.

Zenfalcia

Fraud detected.

The rust has been scrubbed and the pro controller has clicked. Bayonetta 2 has somehow ejected all my fluids everywhere.

I'm going to drown, but at least I'll die happy.

Have fun. Try to go for that pure platinum. Also, dont forget to the tissues and hand lotions for
keeping you hands moist and controller clean ;)

Edit: slow weekend? What a surprise... Might be due to the black friday and school or just life.

Jman014

Have fun. Try to go for that pure platinum. Also, dont forget to the tissues and hand lotions for

Edit: slow weekend? What a surprise... Might be due to the black friday and school or just life.

Dat Steam sale is going strong with things like Anno 2070 on sale for less than 8 dollars. Now that's a game worth using Uplay for...at least to me.

Then you also have things like Fallout NV, DA Origins, Witcher 2 and Walking Dead S2 on sale as well for more fun.

We need to have time to play vidya games.

Also I need to lower down my post count.

See ya guys! off to play vidya games.
TNs8eqt.gif

Zenfalcia

Dat Steam sale is going strong with things like Anno 2070 on sale for less than 8 dollars. Now that's a game worth using Uplay for...at least to me.

Then you also have things like Fallout NV, DA Origins, Witcher 2 and Walking Dead S2 on sale as well for more fun.

I'll have to check for steam sales..

I've been looking at electronics sites.. so many sales, so little money ;_; i'm almost tempted to get a vita..

Jeez, The intense singing of Hatsune Miku on normal is impossible for me.
F 2nd apparently has a much harder normal and extreme difficulty compared to the previous games. You can get better with practice though. I started out only playing easy, and only like 40 hours later I'm getting Excellent on Hard.

Jman014

I'll have to check for steam sales..

I've been looking at electronics sites.. so many sales, so little money ;_; i'm almost tempted to get a vita..

I'm still waiting for Original Sin and Dragon Commander to become cheaper during the sale so I can buy them for my friend. Larian Studios has my attention for whatever they have planned next.

Go for it, New Vegas is a quick little bite-sized game
not

throne_of_lies_elf.gif

Don't forget modding!

Modding alone would take all my free time. Some day I'll finally get in there.

F 2nd apparently has a much harder normal and extreme difficulty compared to the previous games. You can get better with practice though. I started out only playing easy, and only like 40 hours later I'm getting Excellent on Hard.

I want to get excited about that, but when I played one of the recent ones on my friends Vita the star/touchscreen notes were just an unpleasant experience... I loved the PSP Diva's, Extreme for life.

Oberon

Banned

TNs8eqt.gif

I would commit murder to have a Monster Hunter game with that art style.
But I would kill something tiny like a carrot, but not a spider, those are too creepy

Zenfalcia

Bye, have fun.

I'm still waiting for Original Sin and Dragon Commander to become cheaper during the sale so I can buy them for my friend. Larian Studios has my attention for whatever they have planned next.
If it doesn't go on sale now, there's winter sales too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom