• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo94

I believe you could just edit that yourself.

Quote to reveal

Okay thanks frienders...I am wondering now if we are the only ones who use frienders. I mean out of all the areas were the fanbase is like reddit, youtube, the website, and facebook.

That's quite the name... Even for a Nintendo ID..

At least there are no random numbers, no x's, and no sex jokes in it. It could always be worse.

360pages

Actually looking at everything. Outside some nice features, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire seems really bare compared to Fire Red and HeartGold in terms of content for a remake.

New forms and mega's are great and all. But outside of Episode Delta and a E4 rematch there isn't much to it.

There are also less catchable pokemon in it than in X/Y (The only uncatchable pokemon in X/Y were a few one offs, starters and Legends. (599 pokemon could be caught in X/Y with just X/Y by itself. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire only has 450 pokemon catchable without the trade. Though they did include all the legendary pokemon that wasn't in X/Y.

I know this really is for the Ruby/Sapphire fans out there. But outside the 3D models I overall feel that less work was put into it compared to FireRed/HeartGold.

JoJo94

Others may use it, but they are frauds. We are the true frienders

Lol I was just seeing if it actually caught on elsewhere so we could expand our network into and empire that takes over the wor...I mean I was just seeing.

Oh and I added my info feel free to add me guys I'll do the same later.

Zenfalcia

Lol I was just seeing if it actually caught on elsewhere so we could expand our network into and empire that takes over the wor...I mean I was just seeing.

Oh and I added my info feel free to add me guys I'll do the same later.

What else would you use? People who like the SBF and kinda know each other internet "friends"? Scrub lords? SBF covenant followers?

Where did you see it being used?

JoJo94

What else would you use? People who like the SBF and kinda know each other internet "friends"? Scrub lords? SBF covenant followers?

Where did you see it being used?

OH I didn't see it used anywhere else, I was just wondering if anyone else did. Scrublords is probably the second best name for us.

Zenfalcia

Any reason why certain names on the Google doc are bolded? Is it a Style choice?

Looks like it's a style choice of the white rows being bolded? I don't know why it's done that way, but it is.

OH I didn't see it used anywhere else, I was just wondering if anyone else did. Scrublords is probably the second best name for us.

Oh, i thought you did. Well, the lore will be spread.. eventually..

Xiraiya

So I go to track down a Steam link to add to the google doc to put my info on there, and it's showing my Profile from like 4+ Years ago as though it's separate from my account now... I don't really understand what the deal is here.

360pages

I will say the changes they made to Wally in the game are nice and he offers a challenge.

Also the move tutors are nice as well...it's just that. This game feels like it has equal or less content than X/Y when compared. R/S to FR/LG. FR/LG blew it out of the water. Like comparing D/P to HG/SS HG/SS blew the former out of the water in content.

X/Y and aS/OR seems like they have they same amount of content in different areas with OR/aS just betting it out. Though the Secret bases are still amazing for fighting you friends and gaining EXP/

360pages

Also, I would like to take out the time and say how they handled the new Mega forms and compatibility with X/Y is flat our horrible and a lot of other online games would flat out laugh at it.

croten

Zenfalcia

I don't really know why, but the steam community id stuff you guys all added seems to be a weird defunct thing no longer in use since profile links look like this now

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/bunchonumbers

Instead of
http://steamcommunity.com/id/name

Which is why the first type showed my profile today but the other version shows my profile from like 4 years ago.

Maybe it's just a weird steam thing? I'm using the ID link and it works fine, but the profile link doesn't work for me at all.

Archgan

Yeah, but the chances of me playing Pat again are nil if it was my connection that was creating Lag in our matches ;_;

I guess I have to find a LAN adaptor now.

I don't have a LAN adaptor, yet I haven't gotten any complaints lately.

When I played with him, he said nothing.

360pages

Everyone is still playing smash.

But in reference to how X/Y works with Omega Ruby is like this.

Online and wireless battles in the games remains exactly the same as before. While between Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games you can do and use anything, when you connect with players of Pokémon X & Y, there are several restrictions. Essentially, you cannot use any of the new Mega Evolutions, new moves and new abilities in battle against these players. The game will inform you as you select your team whether or not it can be used.

The Battle Spot changes this up somewhat. In Free Battle, Pokémon X & Y and Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire run different matchmaking schemes so they will never encounter each other. In Rating Battle, they also run different schemes, with Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire's scheme changing somewhat from the standard of Pokémon X & Y
ΩR/αS League: Open only for players of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. This league lets you only use Pokémon that were caught, hatched or distributed in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.
XY League: Open only for players of Pokémon X & Y. This league lets you only use any Pokémon, including those that were transferred from Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 or White 2.

When you go to battle a player with X & Y, it will tell you that it's switching to Kalos rules. If your team doesn't comply, it will offer you opportunities to remove items and will even tell you what's wrong

This doesn't seem too bad at first until you realize that no other pokemon game had to do this.

Even when new forms of pokemon was in Gen 4 and 5 could still be used against other people who didn't have those games. They would appear in their normal form to the other player but still had all their stat changes. The only one that was flat out unusable was the notched ear Pichu.

BW to BW2 also saw this and had most of the data for the new forms and attacks in it. And once again, BW could still battle those who used the new forms from BW2 they just appeared in their regular form.

This wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have the ability to update the games at anytime. Even if they can't put the new mega's models into X/Y they could still easily have it so it gives you a little message at the bottom telling you the pokemon's stats changed.

360pages

Like I said, it feels like Gen 4 and 5 took measures to make sure the games were always useable with one another from generation to generation.

I know it's harder with 3D models, but we got patches and shit. There is no reason why this should be happening like it is. Hell, it's stupid to have the two games on completely different servers since it drastically lowers who you can play against. (I encountered quite a few BW1 players online when I was playing BW2)

Man recording takes a lot out of you, I mean talking continuously for like 5 hours made me so exhausted after my LP group left I just passed out.

croten

Yeah I got a little too excited there, but I'll be gifting Dragon Commander for sure since that's only 10 bucks.

It's not that I don't think it's worth it, but I just bought Far Cry 4 so I don't want to be spending too much money all at once.

Jman014

It's not that I don't think it's worth it, but I just bought Far Cry 4 so I don't want to be spending too much money all at once.

These sales make it so tempting, especially with games like USF4, Torchlight 2, Just Cause 2, Transistor, Age of Wonders 3, Papers Please, SR4, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Legend of Grimrock 1, ARMA 2 and Dishonored on sale.

I think I'll stick with Dragon Commander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom