• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Nobody likes me anymore.

*Starts crying*

I have nothing now...

It's fiinnneee... Everyone has different opinions.

I'd imagine the existence of season 2 is the reason why the lead writer left.

I dont know.. some of the story elements in twd s1 were questionable too..

Nah, that's too tame.

If we REALLY didn't like you, we'd be recommending Boku no Pico.

I'd go with night shift nurses but that's just me.. dont look it up please..

When you are depressed you do forget that good things can happen. the creator was depressed when he made it and it really shows. The show does a great job of portraying depression and negative character traits. I went into the show looking for the destruction of a character and had to sit through those giant fight scenes that didn't interest me at all. We went into the show looking for different things. It is as simple as that. As a writer you have to see how well written these characters are. I hated Asuka for most of the show until I realized that the creator did a spot on depiction of a person with an inferiority complex and who puts up a strong outer image to hide her true self.

I feel like this is the biggest point of contention with the series, at least in the west, and for the most part the ones who get it are those who have have gone through mental issues of their own. People that haven't, and even a fair amount of people that have, don't see that and just see detestable characters. Despite that, it's still universally regarded as amazing and influential.

Just watch Gurren

Always good advice.

ultimax

I've been trying to get myself to play twd and twau for the longest time, but I think I'll just watch the LP instead. Sounds like that's the best way to experience it

I was born in Gamefaqs, molded by it. I didn't see Neogaf until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!

Then I put it on Dark theme and all was well.

I was born in Gamefaqs, molded by it. I didn't see Neogaf until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!

Then I put it on Dark theme and all was well.

That's how I was coming here after the last forum I used having been sevenstring.org. It's only theme is the dark theme. Seeing the white of GAF was pretty jarring.

Alfebit

Banned
I don't know what you're referencing. Is it too lewd to post or something?
Nope. Not after the warnings you gave me.

I'll post it.

love_poop_anime.jpg

The writing is good, and most of the characters are well written, but then again it means that I can say the characters are better than the plot itself. Though it should be said, if the series had a different background and told it plot without the robots I would have enjoyed it more, but trying to use the robots as a cover for the true message cheapens both for me.

In a way the series tricked me into thinking it was a deconstruction of Giant robots when it's not even a deconstruction but something different completely.

Then again Neon Genesis was a living series and you can easily tell that in how the show changes and evolves over time. I do think it really was planned as a deconstruction before it shifted.

I don't hate the series at all though. But I guess it did do something rarely other series have, it left me completely apathetic to the fate of these characters. Which in a way it did give me an emotion.
I agree the way it started out does make it seem like it is going to be a new take on mecha but by the end of the show the plot takes a backseat to the characters and I like it more for that. Shinji literally is the plot in the final two episodes of the show.

I do not know the behind the scenes of the show but it would make a lot of sense if it was planned out much differently and I don't blame people for disliking how much it changes. It is not for everyone.
I feel like this is the biggest point of contention with the series, at least in the west, and for the most part the ones who get it are those who have have gone through mental issues of their own. People that haven't, and even a fair amount of people that have, don't see that and just see detestable characters. Despite that, it's still universally regarded as amazing and influential.

That is exactly why I liked the characters and the ending of the show so much. not going to drag us down to RealGAF again but it hit close to home.

I started at gamefaqs too, until I found gaf through the best friends, though there can be a few small pieces of gold in the gamefaqs board
Anyone read the thread on the guy who thought the xbone would be cheaper than the ps4 because he could subtract the cost of the headset that came with it to the overall price?

I just noticed the word belief under the NeoGAF wordmark. Please tell me that wasn't there before.

That is exactly why I liked the characters and the ending of the show so much. not going to drag us down to RealGAF again but it hit close to home.

Yeah, same here. They felt really relatable, much more than a lot of other characters in like any media, so it's one of my favorites.

Zenfalcia

I started at gamefaqs too, until I found gaf through the best friends, though there can be a few small pieces of gold in the gamefaqs board
Anyone read the thread on the guy who thought the xbone would be cheaper than the ps4 because he could subtract the cost of the headset that came with it to the overall price?

That's.. why? It doesnt even make any sense... I'm talking about the guy btw.

its the top tens

Ha! You wish.

Alfebit

Banned
Is the full game co-op or are these just side-missions? If the former, I might buy it at one point and convince a friend to do the same.

I dunno, I didn't mind. I'm obviously not expecting to laugh the full 30 minutes, but seeing them fuck around and be a dick to each other the entire time (well, Pat more than Matt) was fun to watch.

Nope just side missions. I was pretty bummed to find that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom