• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how people are making a big deal over the Xbone apparently outselling PS4 during Black Friday.

They had to lower the price over $150 AND offer free games on top of that just to get this to happen, and even then I'm pretty sure most people have PS4's already so they obviously aren't going to go out and buy another one just because it comes with games they likely already have.

Zenfalcia

I love how people are making a big deal over the Xbone apparently outselling PS4 during Black Friday.

They had to lower the price over $150 AND offer free games on top of that just to get this to happen, and even then I'm pretty sure most people have PS4's already so they obviously aren't going to go out and buy another one just because it comes with games they likely already have.
People are too focused on the numbers and not even the right numbers.. it's hilarious. It makes arguements even dumber when people use those figures to argue popularity or start console wars.

Alfebit

Banned

I don't understand the big deal anyways. That info is from the same people who reported last year that Xbone won but actual numbers showed PS4 won by a pretty big margin. I still wouldn't be surprised to see that Xbone won because those deals were insane.

JoJo94

Back at my school and started playing Persona Q for a few hours...woof leveling up is ridiculously slow and there aren't that many fights like you guys have said.

I was born in Gamefaqs, molded by it. I didn't see Neogaf until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!

Then I put it on Dark theme and all was well.
I too was born on Gamefaqs, but I became blinded by my sheer contempt for the site. I left the gaming boards, in disgust, exclusively hanging out on sports and Current Events, but even they made me furious. Then I was introduced to Gaf, and lurked for about six month, before I realized that I could use an email account that wasn't my ISP to get an account.

Just sent in my first email question, which was an incredibly reasonable and politely worded inquiry as to why they haven't done anything else with EDF 2025. It just kinda seems like the perfect LP material, y'know? The writing is so hilariously stilted and there's never been a full co-op LP that I can remember (besides a couple of old school playthroughs)

360pages

Persona Q...you guys need to hurry up and play it so I can hear your impressions.

Speaking of that, looked at the GTS on Pokemon X...woof, who the hell is going to trade a Darkrai for your Arbok...I can't even do that even if I wanted to!

Emouse

I sent one, but was rejected ;_;
Was about asking them to name a game within an franchise that shit upon the already existing lore. Basically a sequel or prequel that ruins the games that came before it.

Isn't that kind of what Pat's been saying about DS2 throughout that playthrough? It'd be cool to hear the other guy's answers though

Zenfalcia

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66754864

Dunno if he was trolling or not, but it was a fun read for me

Why not both? I am already dying after reading the first page.

Just sent in my first email question, which was an incredibly reasonable and politely worded inquiry as to why they haven't done anything else with EDF 2025. It just kinda seems like the perfect LP material, y'know? The writing is so hilariously stilted and there's never been a full co-op LP that I can remember (besides a couple of old school playthroughs)

I sent one, but was rejected ;_;
Was about asking them to name a game within an franchise that shit upon the already existing lore. Basically a sequel or prequel that ruins the games that came before it. It had an extra note which stated that Pat can't say Other M, because that'd be too easy.

If you dont send them in sunday or monday morning it probably wont be read.. thanks woolbama!

I feel like this is the biggest point of contention with the series, at least in the west, and for the most part the ones who get it are those who have have gone through mental issues of their own. People that haven't, and even a fair amount of people that have, don't see that and just see detestable characters. Despite that, it's still universally regarded as amazing and influential.

That is exactly why I liked the characters and the ending of the show so much. not going to drag us down to RealGAF again but it hit close to home.

Yeah, I don't like getting into Eva arguments, but this is how I feel aswell.
Eva is my favorite anime, and the only other one that has come close is FMA.

The characters in Eva shocked me by how developed and 'real' they are, there weren't any dumb macho heroes who win everything because they're so cool, they're kids dealing with horrible situations and lives and they grow accordingly.
People like to make jokes about how weak Shinji is, but the reality is that he is one of the strongest characters in anime, because he actually had to face real depression(not angst) and he overcame it despite his life getting worse and worse through the series, and he came back from snapping beyond rock bottom.
I rewatched it recently thinking "man, I might be giving it too much credit", but then the characters were even deeper than I thought prior.

I will easily say that Shinji is my favorite character in anime, and possibly media in general. Hit close to home, and it hit perfectly.

croten

Not entirely. I remember him generally saying that they often reference DS1 too often and too heavy-handedly, not that the main game ruins DS1's lore.

I don't think there has been any real confirmation that Retro is working on Metroid.

Yeah, but I still believe they are working on something Metroid related.

Zenfalcia

I sent it sunday and he says he goes through all the questions. I was a bit curious to what the answers might have been, that's all. Far too many mails to pick from and too little time to discuss them and the question wasn't a great one anyway, so it's fine.

Maybe it wasnt letter time worthy.. it's ok, you can try again.

360pages

Majora's Mask 3DS was always going to come. If they knew what people wanted, they'd remove the region lock, not constantly delay EU releases, fix their shitty account system and make an F-Zero game...though the last one wouldn't sell anyway.

You should probably just import strange journey. I'd rate it above SMTIV.

Zenfalcia

I really wish that I hadn't accelerated the thread before I had to come back to my apartment.

Are we still doing that? December is tomarrow.

I hope so. I need my fill of Metroid after the Smash Wii U vid.

You only have yourself to blame.

Yeah. I'll start a vote or something.. i think we already have some in mind already... Or should we do a festive one?

360pages

SMTIV...yeah, Persona Q is already better than it honestly.

Thinking back on it, I probably should have stopped after my first playthough since I managed to get the neutral ending on my first go. Replaying the game showed just how flawed the game really was.

You only have yourself to blame.
0VXPNwt.jpg

I always imagined this when people say that. Its such a cool phrase.
Yeah. I'll start a vote or something.. i think we already have some in mind already... Or should we do a festive one?
I'd say a festive one.

Zenfalcia

I always imagined this when people say that. Its such a cool phrase.

I'd say a festive one.
Interesting.. i suppose?

Ehh.. what would be good? Hmm.. maybe an original terrible sbf festive song? Post any ideas for songs and i'll make a list or something.

Also, i might pass out soon.. so i'll read both the thread and any pms anyone wants to send.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom