• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.. i suppose?

Ehh.. what would be good? Hmm.. maybe an original terrible sbf festive song? Post any ideas for songs and i'll make a list or something.

Also, i might pass out soon.. so i'll read both the thread and any pms anyone wants to send.
A christmas remix of the orginal TBF song? I'll check if there is a christmas themed version of Green Greens

Night.

edit: found it

edit2: They apparently used it in the last Christmas Podcast.

The only Zelda LP I want to see is Okami and they already said no to that

God I wish
But
AwOFV0B.gif

I have only two things to say to that

1. Temple of the Ocean King
2. Touch Controls

Touch controls were intuitive and never a problem, and the other thing is literally the only bad thing about the game.
I'll admit freely that it's the second-worst Zelda game, but it's eons ahead of Spirit Tracks, and still damn fun.

Squishy3

Okami is better than the majority of Zelda games. In fact, despite it being too long and having lackluster combat, the art style and its amazing characters make up for it.
But at the same time, it's 4x too long. I love Okami as much as the next guy, but come on.

360pages

You know, I don't want to keep doing this to myself. I know I'm not going to be picked for the week yet I get my hopes up. I'm starting to wonder if the lottery thing is really a good idea. But I'm not going to complain honestly.

I'd rather say cut 10 hours and it's good. I already admitted that it's too long, but aside from that, it's amazing. That
support scene
during the final boss battle made it clear how fantastic and memorable the cast and how much I enjoyed it despite the length.

I was begging for Skyward Sword to end because it was just far too long. I didn't mind the length of Okami as much.

But your point about the majority of Zeldas being inferior is wrong. The case could be made for the DS titles, Skyward Sword, the CDi titles and the TV show, but there's still so many fantastic Zeldas that I would gladly jump back into before going back to Okami.

croten

But your point about the majority of Zeldas being inferior is wrong. The case could be made for the DS titles, Skyward Sword, the CDi titles and the TV show, but there's still so many fantastic Zeldas that I would gladly jump back into before going back to Okami.

Most Zelda games are kinda meh, I only really like OoT and Majora's Mask. Heck I like Majora's Mask because it's so un-zelda like

How does BestGAF feel about Skyward Sword? I love parts of it, but I think it's dragged down super hard by the unfun padding and the overuse of the motion controls. Twilight princess's motion controls were great because you just flicked the Wiimote, but bomb bowling and directional blocks are frustrating bullshit. The game's dungeons were great, but the in between bits were too annoying too often.

croten

How does BestGAF feel about Skyward Sword? I love parts of it, but I think it's dragged down super hard by the unfun padding and the overuse of the motion controls. Twilight princess's motion controls were great because you just flicked the Wiimote, but bomb bowling and directional blocks are frustrating bullshit. The game's dungeons were great, but the in between bits were too annoying too often.

I played up until I got the Green Tunic and had no desire to play anymore

If we were to average the opinions with some magic bullshit, I'd say the overall consensus would be "Wasted Potential"

I thought it was amazing. Had no issues with the controls and I enjoyed everything about it. My third favorite Zelda after WW and MM.

I strongly disagree. I won't argue against the best Zelda games being better (OoT, MM, LA, WW etc.), but that still doesn't exclude it from being better than most. I'd rather play Okami again than play Zelda CDI, Zelda 1, 2, OoA/S, MC, TP, SS, PH, ST and the severely flawed ALBW.

That's not to say that all the games I've listed are bad by any means (aside from CDI and SS) and in fact, games such as OoA/S and most others are great games. They just didn't leave the same impact Okami did.

ALBW is a masterpiece and a return to form

This shit is just fucking baffling. It is literally the same sort of waggling that every game on the Wii proceeded to mimic until No More Heroes had the bright idea to not use it as your basic form of attack.

I actually liked the motion controls in Skyward Sword, the combat was much more interesting because of controlling the direction of different slashes, and the enemies' behavior was built around it. And all the other stuff with the wiimote surrounding it I thought was fine too. And I only really felt like the game was going a bit too long when you had to revist each area a third time for parts of the song. Everything else, fucking great, and I'd sure as hell play it over Twilight Princess or Wind Waker any time.

I thought it was amazing. Had no issues with the controls and I enjoyed everything about it. My third favorite Zelda after WW and MM.

I loved most of it, but like I said, bomb bowling, dowsing, the trial gates and the musical notes and the time dragon and AAAAAGH SO MANY MINOR ANNOYANCES

But the story is so great...

Its the game that made me get rid of my wii. I hated it so much that it made me throw something out.

I loved most of it, but like I said, bomb bowling, dowsing, the trial gates and the musical notes and the time dragon and AAAAAGH SO MANY MINOR ANNOYANCES

But the story is so great...

I appreciate when franchises try to go in a different direction. I get bored of the same thing every time. If Nintendo told me that Zelda Wii U was gonna be structured exactly like OoT or LttP I'd throw my wii u out the window.

Its the game that made me get rid of my wii. I hated it so much that it made me throw something out.

I appreciate when franchises try to go in a different direction. I get bored of the same thing every time. If Nintendo told me that Zelda Wii U was gonna be structured exactly like OoT or LttP I'd throw my wii u out the window.

So much taking it out on consoles. You guys know Zelda isn't the only series in the world, right?

sjay1994

Tell me your address so I can pick it up,

I need to play Bayo

Tell me your address so I can pick it up,

I need to play Bayo

Only if Nintendo makes Zelda wii u based off OoT or LttP. Then I'll personally give you my wii u and give up on Nintendo forever.

So much taking it out on consoles. You guys know Zelda isn't the only series in the world, right?

More out of frustration that they'd choose to structure their new game off a really old iteration. That's not a good direction a company should take with their game.

But then how will I body you in smash!?

I'd have to come over and do it in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom