• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while ago I won an auction for 30 volumes of Berserk, the first 2 blu rays, the DVD set called the Box of War I think, a couple issues of Young Animals with Berserk covers, a few berserk gachapon type things and the Casca Figma for $200. The guy also threw in a couple volumes of Claymore as a bonus because I payed quickly. I was really fucking hype when I got it.

2006791_o.gif

No but seriously that's gott dang amazing, I'm actually mad jelly

Poured myself a tall glass of strawberry milk to go with starting Ace Attorney 3 because I am a strong independent gaffer who don't need no junior.

Why didn't you pour yourself a cup of coffee that is blacker than a moonless night?

Sure, go ahead

I just realized what your avatar is holy hell I'm blind. Also please enjoy the delicious fragrance of dark coffee

On the bus?
Well theyre twin brothers and the eldest of 5 kids, 3 little sisters and them. Their father was the sensei of a sumo dojo but he died a few years after their youngest sister was born, and their mother is bedridden with illness so they both work extra hard to take care of their family and to get good grades at school.
the brothers are pretty close but feud on one thing, the dojo. The sumo brother wants to take over his fathers dojo but he is technically younger than the wrestling brother so the eldest should take over the dojo but the older brother doesnt care about sumo he cares about wrestling and his dream is to go to mexico and become a famous luchadore. So they always bicker on the subject.

Just reading that gave me involuntary reactions. That's fucking awesome.

Best dub

That's sick man. I'm so jealous, I love berserk so much lol
I forgot it also came with an artworks book, the first bit is dedicated to the Dreamcast game
B3v0wkaCcAEH6gN.jpg

I can't find the other bluray but I was so lucky when I found the auction. I love my collection.

The mini figs in the boxes are 2 Lost Children Black swordsman Guts and 2 Millennium Falcon Black Swordsman Guts (from the Dreamcast game)

ultimax

LIAM O BRIAN AS KARIYA. AND CRISPIN FREEMAN AS FREAKING KIREI. AND MATHEW MERCER AS KIRITSUGU. SO GOOD.
Voice acting heaven. My body isn't ready
I forgot it also came with an artworks book, the first bit is dedicated to the Dreamcast game
B3v0wkaCcAEH6gN.jpg

I can't find the other bluray but I was so lucky when I found the auction. I love my collection.

The mini figs in the boxes are 2 Lost Children Black swordsman Guts and 2 Millennium Falcon Black Swordsman Guts (from the Dreamcast game)
What the actual fuck.
If someone robs your house, it wasn't me I swear.
:p

Man that's quite a collection. Hopefully I could get a deal like that at a con. Ebay doesn't have the touch of buying it IRL.

Someone on the podcast used the word deconstruction. I think it was Pat.

Not necessarily deconstruction, people tend to use that term anytime something plays with tropes, but it certainly does go a lot more into ideas and shit behind fanservice than anything else. The fanservice has a meaning and a purpose within the story, but it's not necessarily a deconstruction.

Not necessarily deconstruction, people tend to use that term anytime something plays with tropes, but it certainly does go a lot more into ideas and shit behind fanservice than anything else. The fanservice has a meaning and a purpose within the story, but it's not necessarily a deconstruction.

. I'll keep watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom