• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll replace this with Monster. I need another bleak drama in my life.

tumblr_lnq7mdjGTk1qal2i4.gif

You've made the best decision.

Honestly I have zero interest in Monster. I probably would get bored of it by episode five and move on to something else.

"I would probably have X opinion but have not watched show"
-Jackasses

If it doesn't look like your thing, there's no obligation (unless it's gurren) but don't ever ever assume
Madoka taught me that

Honestly I have zero interest in Monster. I probably would get bored of it by episode five and move on to something else.
I had a weird time where I read the manga, marathoned half of it in a day, and then completely lost motivation to go back.

I know you've state several times you prefer some dumb fun to action, and it feels like the older I get the more I agree. My patience runs thin lately.

Ok, I reconsidered. I decided that since its December I'll put a hat on my avatar. I almost finished photoshopping it so I'll put it on in a sec.

360pages

"I would probably have X opinion but have not watched show"
-Jackasses

Hey now, I already said that when I was younger or a teenager I probably would have loved that shit. But honestly the older I get, the more I realize something...being an adult kind of sucks, and I don't need series and shows to tell me how much the world sucks constantly

Hey now, I already said that when I was younger or a teenager I probably would have loved that shit. But honestly the older I get, the more I realize something...being an adult kind of sucks, and I don't need series and shows to tell me how much the world sucks constantly.
For me it's just that I can't handle slow pacing. Trying to watch Fate/Zero is real rough. I still love depressing shit. Berserk does a great job of being both fast paced as bleak as fuck.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA
[SICK GUITAR RIFF]

Yo who like weird japanese stuff because I just stumbled upon this. Extreme Cooking

I think my entire life has become centered around the fact that I love weird Japanese bullshit.

One of my older nephews saw one of my ripoff Gundam toys earlier today and tried to front like that motherfucker knew what Gundam was, so I schooled him. Serves him right for being 10.

Hey now, I already said that when I was younger or a teenager I probably would have loved that shit. But honestly the older I get, the more I realize something...being an adult kind of sucks, and I don't need series and shows to tell me how much the world sucks constantly

I do. Sometimes good things happen to me and I can't accept that so I have to watch something depressing to remind myself how shit everything is.

So...I have never beaten a mainline final fantasy game

What ones should I play?

Triple Triad and nothing else.

I think my entire life has become centered around the fact that I love weird Japanese bullshit.

One of my older nephews saw one of my ripoff Gundam toys earlier today and tried to front like that motherfucker knew what Gundam was, so I schooled him. Serves him right for being 10.

Good job. You done did the thing good.

What ones should I play?

1 and 2 are mostly outdated artifacts, but they're still good games, 3 for the DS is hard as shit but it's a great game if you're already into the franchise, FF4 is great and a good introduction to the systems if you're totally new, FF5 is lighter in tone and a great palate cleanser after 6, not to mention its excellent job system, but if you're a big JRPG player you'll wanna go to FF6 (3 if you play the original SNES release) which has yet to be bested by the franchise. 7 is also very good, but it's the longest of any I've named and hasn't aged well graphically or story-wise.

TL;DR Play FF6 immediately, it can be legally purchased on Virtual console or the iPhone

What ones should I play?

Alright, lemme set yo ass straight.

If you want a legit good story: 4 or 6.

If you want what most people have come to associate as Final Fantasy: 7, 9 or 10.

If you want the one that is the most fun with the best battle system and craziest story: 5.

If you want to have a bad time and hate life forever: 8.

If you wanna be a cool guy play all of them like I did.

Pretty nice santa hat.

For me it's just that I can't handle slow pacing. Trying to watch Fate/Zero is real rough. I still love depressing shit. Berserk does a great job of being both fast paced as bleak as fuck.

[SICK GUITAR RIFF]

Thanks guys it took forever to photoshop jotar-I mean Santa's head from his hat. At least for me it did. And yeah F/Z is slow, but if you want depressing shit, you'll definitely get loads of it in S2.

It's more of a pain in the ass than 2. It has dungeons built around status effects like Mini and Frog.
Those are kinda bullshit. I played the 3 DS remake as my first FF. I have a soft spot for it, but it's got dumb shit. I'm sure 2,4 or 5 do the same things but better.
Thanks guys it took forever to photoshop jotar-I mean Santa's head from his hat. At least for me it did. And yeah F/Z is slow, but if you want depressing shit, you'll definitely get loads of it in S2.
Imma keep trying. My real life friend is into it now too, so I'll give it a fair shake over Winter Break.

I had a weird time where I read the manga, marathoned half of it in a day, and then completely lost motivation to go back.

I know you've state several times you prefer some dumb fun to action, and it feels like the older I get the more I agree. My patience runs thin lately.

I used to eat dumb fun action shows, but after I suffered a year of bullying because I wasn't a hood nigga, or get harassed by the wonderful West Virginian racism, I fell into a deep cycle of depression, where anything that resembled happiness I rejected. I needed bleakness, because that's the only thing that comforted me. Let me know that I wasn't alone.

As I grew up, my depression faded, but my cynicism still remains. That's not fading anytime soon. At least I know that I can give the shows a chance.

Tako

One big thing I learned about being an adult, is that you should never be ashamed about anything you happen to like. It took me years to used to it, now I got a badass girlfriend because I got into an argument about some pokemon bullshit. Shows all those nerds that used to pick on me. fuck them

I just heard yosuke voice in new vegas, what do?

Does that mean otp?
Yuri Lowenthal voices like half the male cast in that game, including the courier,
Fallout Wikia said:
In Fallout: New Vegas he is the voice of Ringo, Lucius, Aurelius of Phoenix, Oliver Swanick, Henry Jamison, Elder Nolan McNamara, Lars Taggart, Fitz, Keller, Scribe Ibsen, Knight Lorenzo, Ike, Antony, Otho, Alexus and Sergio among others (including the male Courier).
HE IS INSIDE EVERYONE OF US AND HE IS TRYING TO ESCAPE RIGHT NOW.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

If you want what most people have come to associate as Final Fantasy: 7, 9 or 10.

If you want the one that is the most fun with the best battle system and craziest story: 5.

I'd reverse those last two, personally. But then I love 8 and hate any FF that uses the job system.

Funny how opinions work, huh? :lol

(First line is completely on point, though!)

One big thing I learned about being an adult, is that you should never be ashamed about anything you happen to like. It took me years to used to it, now I got a badass girlfriend because I got into an argument about some pokemon bullshit. Shows all those nerds that used to pick on me. fuck them

I love being an adult, I have to give as few fucks about looking cool as I want. Earlier today my friend was like "Do you really want a body pillow for Christmas" and I was like "Yes. Yes I do." and I feel none of the shame that I should or would have even a couple years ago. I love this shit.

Imma keep trying. My real life friend is into it now too, so I'll give it a fair shake over Winter Break.

Knowing that it's a prequel to an established work helps set a grim atmosphere because a lot of the characters are not going to be around and there are motivations that, if people were to succeed, would guarantee that Fate/Stay Night does not happen. Shit gets dark.

Once again, we agree almost entirely. FFIV:
Yo, how about that Mt. Ordeals battle against yourself? Fuck Cagnazzo and that bullshit Typhoon. And Rubicante remains a classy motherfucker.
One more thing.
KAIN HIGHWIND IS THE BEST THERE EVER WAS

Tako

I love being an adult, I have to give as few fucks about looking cool as I want. Earlier today my friend was like "Do you really want a body pillow for Christmas" and I was like "Yes. Yes I do." and I feel none of the shame that I should or would have even a couple years ago. I love this shit.

Oh man I got a body pillow from a friend of mine for my birthday. And then some of the old members from my anime club during high school are planning a trip to Japan next year! I'm so ready to indulge myself.

Take your time. Its a show you watch at your own pace. I could only stomach about 2 episodes per sitting though it got a little easier to watch more episodes at a time on season 2 when everything was actually happening and shit was going down.

If my friend go get my glasses, there's a 50:50 chance someone would die.

If I go get my glasses while I'm half blind, there's a 100% chance someone would die.

I'll be forever in his debt though.

(Plus, would you really want to babysit me for the rest of the game? You might as well kill yourself.)

360pages

I used to eat dumb fun action shows, but after I suffered a year of bullying because I wasn't a hood nigga, or get harassed by the wonderful West Virginian racism, I fell into a deep cycle of depression, where anything that resembled happiness I rejected. I needed bleakness, because that's the only thing that comforted me. Let me know that I wasn't alone.

As I grew up, my depression faded, but my cynicism still remains. That's not fading anytime soon. At least I know that I can give the shows a chance.

Well shit...

Though I do understand that in a certain way. It is super weird considering I'm black and people expect me to act a certain way because of that, I really wasn't bullied in anything past middle school though, but I mostly kept to myself in Highschool.

I like light hearted stuff, because it gets me out of a funk a lot of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom