• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Also, a note. Make your story into a google doc and send it to me via message when it's done, then I'll reopen the spreadsheet where you guys initially suggested ideas and put a persons story link next to their name.

There are three ways a winner could be chosen, I'm thinking.

A) I abstain from the contest and am the final judge.
B) I get 3 people besides myself to act as judges, they convene and list their top 5, and from their top five we all vote. Lot easier to read 5 stories than 15+.
C) Everyone provides their links, and everyone reads every story and votes on their favorites.

What do you think?

Also, a note. Make your story into a google doc and send it to me via message when it's done, then I'll reopen the spreadsheet where you guys initially suggested ideas and put a persons story link next to their name.

There are three ways a winner could be chosen, I'm thinking.

B) I get 3 people besides myself to act as judges, they convene and list their top 5, and from their top five we all vote. Lot easier to read 5 stories than 15+.
C) Everyone provides their links, and everyone reads every story and votes on their favorites.

What do you think?
I'd really think that everyone in the thread should vote, but I'm not so sure about that.

360pages

Judges...nah, I don't most people here even care about stuff like grammar and this is a fun goofy thing. It should just be a vote.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'd really think that everyone in the thread should vote, but I'm not so sure about that.

I think everyone in the thread should vote, too, but it's highly unlikely that everyone will want to read 15+ stories.

How about this, we have it tournament style. We divide all the stories into 2-4 groups, and then assign a group of people to read the stories in each bracket, and tournament style advancement occurs. Are me and 360pages the only people who have a history with writing fiction? Anyone else? If so, we could divide ourselves between brackets.

B seems like a pretty good way to go about it. 360 could be one of them. C requires a lot of people doing a lot of reading and I don't see that working out unfortunately.

For context: B) I get 3 people besides myself to act as judges, they convene and list their top 5, and from their top five we all vote. Lot easier to read 5 stories than 15+.

360pages

Since I'm feeling rather violent lately, maybe I should write a series in the same vain as Akame Ga Kill. That Sci-fi action series might be a good vehicle to turn it some violent as it progress.

What do you think?

I would say C, is it too late to join the writing contest?

360pages

I think everyone in the thread should vote, too, but it's highly unlikely that everyone will want to read 15+ stories.

How about this, we have it tournament style. We divide all the stories into 2-4 groups, and then assign a group of people to read the stories in each bracket, and tournament style advancement occurs. Are me and 360pages the only people who have a history with writing fiction? Anyone else? If so, we could divide ourselves between brackets.

For context: B) I get 3 people besides myself to act as judges, they convene and list their top 5, and from their top five we all vote. Lot easier to read 5 stories than 15+.

I know Banana and Aaron write some stuff, though if I'm a judge I might pass on participating. Either one is fun enough for me, and I think I would have more fun judging anyway!

mike0dude

this is what i ate earlier

rLU2bFI.jpg

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I would say C, is it too late to join the writing contest?

I'll shove you in, sure. You know the prompt?

I know Banana and Aaron write some stuff, though if I'm a judge I might pass on participating. Either one is fun enough for me, and I think I would have more fun judging anyway!

For potential judges I have GlitchesAreCool, 360pages, AaronLagann, myself, and BananaAeon. Who among you actually wants to do it?

Zenfalcia

Oreimo thread got locked :(
Now we gotta wait another month or so for the next incest thread.

Or if someone we know and love makes one again.
No hard feelings, oberon <3
really good. Watch that then just stop because season 2 doesn't exist.

Season 2 is great, because it's so dumb. Although the last arc was the highlight of the season. imo.

I'm a tea person myself. If I drink coffee it's double double as we say in the north, two cream and two sugar

I assume you get it from timmies? or some other place?

Top Bottom