• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Season 2 is great, because it's so dumb. Although the last arc was the highlight of the season. imo.

Nah I disagree. It took itself too seriously and cut what made the show so good. Like Karen and Kanbaru. The last arc was pretty decent though. Mostly because Kaiki is best girl, but everything else about that season was terrible.

I'm surprised no one thought I was going bring up the San Andreas thing. I'm just glad people have given tea as a substitute and not energy drinks

If we're seriously talking Tea, I love Irish Breakfast and English Breakfast. Good Green Tea with honey is also da bess. Earl Grey is pretty good.

I'm not a big fan of black teas honestly I tried English Breakfast and didn't care for it. I mostly drink green tea. Darjeeling and Oolong are really the only dark teas I'll touch and I have those with a small amount of milk.

I assume you get it from timmies? or some other place?

Yeah, although I rarely buy coffee in the first place. I am incredibly cheap when it comes to going out for food/coffee. it is just cheaper to do it yourself and usually it is better as well. It is also why I refuse to go out for breakfast.
Not that I leave my home for anything besides work anyway but that is another case entirely

Zenfalcia

Around 15 episodes I'm assuming? Same as Bake?

11 episodes
Nah I disagree. It took itself too seriously and cut what made the show so good. Like Karen and Kanbaru. The last arc was pretty decent though. Mostly because Kaiki is best girl, but everything else about that season was terrible.

Kaiki was great, which is the only thing i liked about the 2nd season. Everything else was forgettable. Since, like you said, they went super serious and didn't do much.
If we're seriously talking Tea, I love Irish Breakfast and English Breakfast. Good Green Tea with honey is also da bess. Earl Grey is pretty good.

All tea is good, even the bad ones.. EXCEPT FRUITY TEAS, those are awful.
Oberons thread got shut down after like 4 replies, it had so much potential too :(

Yes it did, potential for people to get banned or something.

Yeah, although I rarely buy coffee in the first place. I am incredibly cheap when it comes to going out for food/coffee. it is just cheaper to do it yourself and usually it is better as well. It is also why I refuse to go out for breakfast.
Not that I leave my home for anything besides work anyway but that is another case entirely

Are you me?

So it starts with Monogatari S1?

Monogatari S1 is broken up into two parts, Bakemonogatari (15 episodes) and Nisemonogatari (11 episodes). Nekomonogatari is a prequel to Bakemonogatari that actually expands on the events of the last arc of Bakemonogatari. Monogatari S2 is just S2. I haven't really watched past that so I don't know what's what after.

Good choices, I also like a nice spicy chai, sometimes with a lot of milk so it is nice and creamy. Jasmine tea is also great, I usually just drink it plain or with a bit of sugar
Are you me?
Separated at birth, the two brothers were sent to the opposite sides of the country, to prevent them from becoming too powerful for the peaceful country of Canada to take

It just dawned on me that this last section in the Evil Within playthrough is probably a remnant of when it was a sci-fi game. LIke, it's so incredibly disjointed from everything else that the game has been about so far.

I mean there are a lot of disjointed sections, but the gist of what I'm saying is that this is REALLY out of place.

I'm surprised no one thought I was going bring up the San Andreas thing. I'm just glad people have given tea as a substitute and not energy drinks
Iced Coffee Mod: "Bundle up! It's cold outside"
I'm not a big fan of black teas honestly I tried English Breakfast and didn't care for it. I mostly drink green tea. Darjeeling and Oolong are really the only dark teas I'll touch and I have those with a small amount of milk.
I grew up on shitty Lipton black tea, so the good stuff I just adore. My friends who drink tea are more like you though, all green variants.
Good choices, I also like a nice spicy chai, sometimes with a lot of milk so it is nice and creamy. Jasmine tea is also great, I usually just drink it plain or with a bit of sugar
Nice. I should try Jasmine. A friend raves about it.

11 episodes
Oh awesome I could probably finish that tomorrow.

All tea is good, even the bad ones.. EXCEPT FRUITY TEAS those are awful.
I disagree..when you make fruity teas you want to brew it in bulk and refrigerate it, and then take some fresh fruit that complements the flavor of the tea and throw it in the fridge..makes it amazing and really refreshing.

Yeah, although I rarely buy coffee in the first place. I am incredibly cheap when it comes to going out for food/coffee. it is just cheaper to do it yourself and usually it is better as well. It is also why I refuse to go out for breakfast.Not that I leave my home for anything besides work anyway but that is another case entirely

I think you're me..I'm that one dude who gets the dollar fry with his burger instead of the meal because it saves me like..a dollar.
I grew up on shitty Lipton black tea, so the good stuff I just adore. My friends who drink tea are more like you though, all green variants.

Friends...I wish I had friends... </3

Mightyleaf sells an excellent spice apple chai that is amazing with a small bit of milk and a cinnamon stick.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
So is everyone okay with the tournament style of voting with selected judges?
Judges:
Banana
Aaron
Glitches
360pages

These are the judges if we have enough stories for the 4 bracket.
Judges, you are prohibited from entering a story in the contest.

Zenfalcia

Monogatari S1 is broken up into two parts, Bakemonogatari (15 episodes) and Nisemonogatari (11 episodes). Nekomonogatari is a prequel to Bakemonogatari that actually expands on the events of the last arc of Bakemonogatari. Monogatari S2 is just S2. I haven't really watched past that so I don't know what's what after.

You didn't miss much, Hanamonogatari just builds off of S2 and develops kanburu's character. Some nice fanservice there if you're into that. 1 prequel (to nekomonogatari which is a prequel to bakemonogatari) and 1 sequel announced.

360pages

Judges:
Banana
Aaron
Glitches
360pages

I'm cool with it!

Yes and no. There are two prequels but they'll spoil other parts of the story later.. Start with bakemonogatari (aka monogatari s1)
Why can't they just have one name or number the parts like Jojo?

Judges:
Banana
Aaron
Glitches
360pages

Oh, shit, didn't think about not entering, yeah, take me off judging, I'd rather write.

You didn't miss much, Hanamonogatari just builds off of S2 and develops kanburu's character. Some nice fanservice there if you're into that. 1 prequel (to nekomonogatari which is a prequel to bakemonogatari) and 1 sequel announced.

Oh right. I forgot I saw the first episode of that. It was alright, but not something I wanna really finish. I might give it another chance since its like 5 episodes.

Why can't they just have one name or number the parts like Jojo?

Because this series is written by Akiyuki Shinbo who likes to name a lot of his stuff with a monogatari, which in Japanese I think stands for talking or story or something. Because characters talk ALOT in his series like Monogatari and Katanagatari.

Zenfalcia

Oh right. I forgot I saw the first episode of that. It was alright, but not something I wanna really finish. I might give it another chance since its like 5 episodes.

Because this series is written by Akiyuki Shinbo who likes to name a lot of his stuff with a gatari, which in Japanese I think stands for talking or something. Because characters talk ALOT in his series like Monogatari and Katanagatari.

It was nice and felt like a side story. Up to you if you want to finish it or not.

Man... I gotta finish katanagatari.. it's so good.

Because that would be too easy! Also, the LNs are named the same way. They are also play on words. Like bakemono = monster and monogatari = story. So bakemonogatari = monster story.. kinda.
JoJo is actually originally more confusing than it was, they just have subtitles. Fans just starting using numbers for each part.
Because this series is written by Akiyuki Shinbo who likes to name a lot of his stuff with a gatari, which in Japanese I think stands for talking or something. Because characters talk ALOT in his series like Monogatari and Katanagatari.
Alright. I'll stop complaining about series' names

It was nice and felt like a side story. Up to you if you want to finish it or not.

Man... I gotta finish katanagatari.. it's so good.

Katanagatari is one of those shows that's pretty damn slow, but picks up and consistently gets better with each episode leading up a huge climax and one of the greatest last episodes ever seen in anime. Its definitely Shinbo's best work.

Also,

G8vmi.jpg

Zenfalcia

Alright. I'll stop complaining about series' names

You can still complain about it, nothing is stopping you.

Katanagatari is one of those shows that's pretty damn slow, but picks up and consistently gets better with each episode leading up a huge climax and one of the greatest last episodes ever seen in anime. Its definitely Shinbo's best work.

Also,

It's like 40 minutes for one episodes but man.. those episodes are great.

You're killing me.. I can't breathe..

oh yeah, I love a good story of people's wills and resolves being broken, Sayaka seems a little buttmad over the whole lifeless husk with no soul thing. Fang girl's got that tragic back story everyone saw coming miles away that she feels justifies her actions of course. it seems like she is changing though which is smart because it seems like some real shit is about to go down and they are going to need all the help they can get.

Top Bottom