• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Before I figure out the whole controller thing, how do I even play a game on steam? I'm clicking the blue play button for DMC4 since its done installing and clicking "Play Devil May Cry 4" but its not even launching?

It's done installing? Hm. Try to make sure you're launching in DX9, not DX10, when it gives you that option.

You have Windows 7 or 8?

Why is it so hard to find a shy, reserverd girl now a days....all girls Ive met are so...loud...

They are so hard to find because they are shy, you have to be patient and wait till you find one you like because 99% of the time you're going to have to initiate anything with them until they get uber comfortable around you

Why is it so hard to find a shy, reserverd girl now a days....all girls Ive met are so...loud...

Where do you live? Worldstar City or something?

Most shy and reserved are staying true to their characters: being shy and reserved. You can't just expect one to land right in your lap.

SkLa learning to play games on PC at first is hilarious to me, but then I'm sitting here with the horrifying realization that there are millions of other people out there with the exact same situation.

Rizzi

I played a bit of AC Unity on PS4 now that they patched it.
It seems.. I dunno. Decent? Runs slightly less like hot turds on a summer day, and I haven't fallen through the world yet.

All the shy girls have someone or they have an Okcupid profile

Where do you live? Worldstar City or something?

Most shy and reserved are staying true to their characters: being shy and reserved. You can't just expect one to land right in your lap.

They are so hard to find because they are shy, you have to be patient and wait till you find one you like because 99% of the time you're going to have to initiate anything with them until they get uber comfortable around you
I know and it doesnt help that Im a super shy loser whos afraid of people. And not into internet dating....not after last time...

SkLa learning to play games on PC at first is hilarious to me, but then I'm sitting here with the horrifying realization that there are millions of other people out there with the exact same situation.

Well when I could just throw my ps3 version of DMC4 into a ps3 and plug my DS4 into my ps3 and just do that instead, it's understandable why I'd choose that instead of PC game lol.

I'm not someone that likes tinkering around with their PC to get better specs for their game. I just wanna buy the thing and play it. People just tell me how much better the PC version of DMC4 is with all the new features so I wanted to play that instead.

I know and it doesnt help that Im a super shy loser whos afraid of people. And not into internet dating....not after last time...

I'll give you the piece of advice that my friend gave me to stop me from being shy.

When you're talking to a girl..just be yourself and be comfortable, and if they don't like you..oh well you'll never talk to them again anyway move onto the next until you find one that works with you.

The worst they are gonna do is tell you no which in the long run isn't a big deal.

Hope this helps somewhat.

P.S. You're not a loser. So grit those teeth!

tumblr_m37vfjwMVF1r8tyjfo1_500.gif

Now to wait a couple of days for "This game sucks!" then a couple more for "GOTY!" then a couple more for "Fuck this game!"
Already went through that already. Sadly I won't be able to play it more at the moment. I spent all day looking for one tiny adapter so I can power the video card and I've just been....testing it.

Perhaps I'll have some kind of video to show my time with it somewhere...

Zenfalcia

Man this thread moves fast, could I bother someone to catch me up please? Anything crazy happen today?

uh.. a lot.. We now have a google doc for lewd, uh... GuardianE has a DMC4 giveaway... Uh.. other stuff?

SkLa is one of many people who don't know anything about PC gaming.. ;_;

Still not launching even after a restart. Normally I'd just give up and delete it off my hard drive, but I'd feel bad since I purposely entered in a raffle for this. Unless I can gift it or something.

Still not launching even after a restart. Normally I'd just give up and delete it off my hard drive, but I'd feel bad since I purposely entered in a raffle for this. Unless I can gift it or something.
You can't regift it. right click in your libary go to properties and check the integrity. It might have been corrupted.

Zenfalcia

Lol no, you can't gift it if you added it to your library. Try checking the integrity of the cache.. if you know what that means... That or delete it and reinstall it.

Tako

Just google search why it doesn't work and fix it with the power of youtube tutorials. Or the power of mod/fixes

Just google search why it doesn't work and fix it with the power of youtube tutorials. Or the power of mod/fixes

Lol no, you can't gift it if you added it to your library. Try checking the integrity of the cache.. if you know what that means... That or delete it and reinstall it.

You can't regift it. right click in your libary go to properties and check the integrity. It might have been corrupted.

Checking the integrity now. Christ. Is this what PC people have to go through every time they buy a game? This is the worst.

Looks like DMC4 doesn't work on Windows 8, according to google, since one of the more recent Win 8 updates broke it.
Checking the integrity now. Christ. Is this what PC people have to go through every time they buy a game? This is the worst.
This is only 5% of the time or so. Usually shit just works.

Shackzam

Hey in that persona patch are there gonna be any changes to my mains? Aegis, akihiko, and chie?

It's going to be largly them fixing the shadow characters, but people have reported that some things have changed for the characters. I know Akihiko doesn't seemed to be changed much, don't know about the other two

Yeah I can see why people disliked the OVA. Even though the fights looked cool and everything, the whole point of the episode was already addressed in the final episode and just repeats it. It would have been much better if that last reinforcement was added on to the last episode. I don't think I can complain about it tho since it's just an OVA.
Git gud tho

Zenfalcia

It's not that bad! You might also have to run it in compatibility mode, since goodwil stated something about it not working on windows 8..
I dub thee Zenfraudcia..

Oh no!
I just want a flirty girl with a nerd side. Shit would be nice.

Also Portlandia is 110% correct about the city of Portland

Looks would have to be taken into account, right?
Too late, your blunder will live on forever in my quote!

I know.. ;_;

All my files validated.

Looks like DMC4 doesn't work on Windows 8, according to google, since one of the more recent Win 8 updates broke it.

This is only 5% of the time or so. Usually shit just works.

WELP. Glad I didn't actually buy it, but it still really sucks that I had to take it from someone who could probably run it and I couldn't even know about it before I decided to redeem it. Guess I'm back on that console life.

Top Bottom