• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Yeah I can see why people disliked the OVA. Even though the fights looked cool and everything, the whole point of the episode was already addressed in the final episode and just repeats it. It would have been much better if that last reinforcement was added on to the last episode. I don't think I can complain about it tho since it's just an OVA.

Git gud tho
it shouldve been the beach episode we were so wrongly robbed of! I just wanted ryuko and the gang to hang out like at the beginning of the OVA ;-;

WELP. Glad I didn't actually buy it, but it still really sucks that I had to take it from someone who could probably run it and I couldn't even know about it before I decided to redeem it. Guess I'm back on that console life.
This is why people still use 7 over 8. Same situation when people still stuck with XP when Vista was the newest Windows.

It's not that bad! You might also have to run it in compatibility mode, since goodwil stated something about it not working on windows 8..

Oh no!

Looks would have to be taken into account, right?

I know.. ;_;

Yes but I'm not super picky on specific features.

Just be hygienic, healthy, and happy.

Also have nice legs

demidar

All my files validated.

WELP. Glad I didn't actually buy it, but it still really sucks that I had to take it from someone who could probably run it and I couldn't even know about it before I decided to redeem it. Guess I'm back on that console life.

Is it possible to run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode?

Pro Tip: You should treat women with respect and respect yourself. Be nice but don't be a doormat. No means no

Pro-Tip: Don't be a dick and people will like you.

I know and it doesnt help that Im a super shy loser whos afraid of people. And not into internet dating....not after last time...

Don't be hard on yourself, gotta get out there, son, get out there and be a cool guy. Doesn't matter how not cool you are, just do it. No, on second thought, don't be cool! Be cooler than cool! Be ICE COLD!

Also, from what I hear of that last situation with online dating, your problem was waiting so long to meet. OkCupid is totally reputable and several friends of mine met their girlfriends through it, just make sure to look locally and only talk to people who are as serious as you. Can't let one bad end ruin potential happiness for you. Gotta stick it out.

Also Portlandia is 110% correct about the city of Portland

Counting on this so much. People look at me weird when I dress nice here and I hate it. Simply wearing nicer clothes won't make me stand out at all there.

All my files validated.

Try to right click the game in Steam, properties, click the local files tab at the top, click Browse Local Files

See if there's a file called DevilMayCry4_DX9

Zenfalcia

It works perfectly with Aaron's stand.. so does that mean he has a stand and persona?

Also, does that mean, our shadow selves are the ones doing the lewd posts? If it is, it explains everything! We have to reach out and face the truth!
English Zen pls.

You have to run the game by "tricking" it that you're using windows 7, to make it work.
Yes but I'm not super picky on specific features.

Just be hygienic, healthy, and happy.

Also have nice legs

Ic ic.

Try to right click the game in Steam, properties, click the local files tab at the top, click Browse Local Files

See if there's a file called DevilMayCry4_DX9

I deleted and am reinstalling it since that's what someone said to do. Shouldn't take long though, then I'll check.

demidar

If I even knew how to run Windows 7 compatibility mode I'd tell you.

Well in Win7 you'd just right-click > properties and there's usually a compatibility tab. Buuuuut I'm not sure how you'd do that for games launched through Steam, and I'm not very familiar with Win8/8.1.

Shackzam

It works perfectly with Aaron's stand.. so does that mean he has a stand and persona?

Also, does that mean, our shadow selves are the ones doing the lewd posts? If it is, it explains everything! We have to reach out and face the truth!

The real culprit for our lewd acts were Phantoms doing all along.
Personas and stands are basically the same thing right?

Pro Tip: You should treat women with respect and respect yourself. Be nice but don't be a doormat. No means no

I used to be this way in my teens. You gotta love yourself to love someone else. Honestly you're still young so don't worry so much about meeting someone right now and just let things happen. Life is a lot more fun that way. Live it with no regrets and as free as possible.
might-guy-06062009.jpg

Pro-Tip: Don't be a dick and people will like you.

Don't be hard on yourself, gotta get out there, son, get out there and be a cool guy. Doesn't matter how not cool you are, just do it. No, on second thought, don't be cool! Be cooler than cool! Be ICE COLD!

Also, from what I hear of that last situation with online dating, your problem was waiting so long to meet. OkCupid is totally reputable and several friends of mine met their girlfriends through it, just make sure to look locally and only talk to people who are as serious as you. Can't let one bad end ruin potential happiness for you. Gotta stick it out.

Counting on this so much. People look at me weird when I dress nice here and I hate it. Simply wearing nicer clothes won't make me stand out at all there.
I know its dumb of me to be so picky but I dunno I kinda want a really cute way to meet a girl. Eh if im 25 and still havent found someone then ill consider it.

Wow senpai who would have thought you were such a ladies man

Puh-leez, I'm the ladiesest of men. We've all seen my blue eyes, these peepers pop them panties faster than Sonic. Even having gained like 30 pounds over these holidays I'm still doin' alright.

This is known, Calcium.

I know its dumb of me to be so picky but I dunno I kinda want a really cute way to meet a girl. Eh if im 25 and still havent found someone then ill consider it.

Take a community college/center cooking or art class. I know three people who met their SO's that way.

you know it, the biggest player here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K-itmP61is

He posted this here in the past, I hope linking this is fine, if not I'll take it out

It's just evidence of what a pimp I am. No problems here.

Tako

Puh-leez, I'm the ladiesest of men. We've all seen my blue eyes, these peepers pop them panties faster than Sonic. Even having gained like 30 pounds over these holidays I'm still doin' alright.

This is known, Calcium.
Yes senpai, please guide me to the promise lands

Yes senpai, please guide me to the promise lands

Step 1: Take inventory of the amount of fucks you give about looking cool, serious, intelligent, sane, as well as being taken seriously, and the amount of general regard others have for you.
Step 2: Throw that shit in the garbage.
Step 3: Pick enough back up out of the garbage to make sure you're not a complete asshole all the time.
Step 4: Buy condoms.
Optional Step 5: Drink bourbon and do JoJo poses in bars as dance moves.

Oh, thank you, I forgot. Wear your interests on your sleeves and be enthusiastic about the things you like, regardless of their popularity or any social stigmas surrounding them.

Tako

Step 1: Take inventory of the amount of fucks you give about looking cool, serious, intelligent, sane, as well as being taken seriously, and the amount of general regard others have for you.
Step 3: Pick enough back up out of the garbage to make sure you're not a complete asshole all the time.

Oh, thank you, I forgot. Wear your interests on your sleeves and be enthusiastic about the things you like, regardless of their popularity or any social stigmas surrounding them.

Alright. I'm going to do it, just text this girl about going out friday night. I'll keep you posted A-A-ron

Our methods are eerily similar..except replace bourbon with vodka.

This actually has made me a much more open, relaxed person in social situations. I still can't just bring up anime out of nowhere, but I finally feel ok with talking about videogames and being generally seen as a nerd.
We're so similar obviously.
You're not half as pirate-y. Edit: Beaten harrrrrrd.

Alfebit

Banned
I'm not a fan of Matt's constant negativity towards The Evil Within. It's not a perfect game but his constant passive aggressive comments like "Don't overthink it" really bring my enjoyment down.

Alright. I'm going to do it, just text this girl about going out friday night. I'll keep you posted A-A-ron

I eagerly await an update. I love helping people with relationship problems and people have told me I'm good, though I fully believe them to be full of shit, due to my inability to help Oberon. And being unable to help him hurts more than anything.

Our methods are eerily similar..except replace bourbon with vodka.

flip.gif

You're throwing the whole system off! You've ruined it!

Top Bottom