• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

I'm not a fan of Matt's constant negativity towards The Evil Within. It's not a perfect game but his constant passive aggressive comments like "Don't overthink it" really bring my enjoyment down.

It's the same thing as Pat shitting all over the Challenge Zones in the DS2 DLC he gives Woolie a negative connotation to the area before he even steps foot in the place..they aren't that hard as long as you play smart.
You're throwing the whole system off! You've ruined it!

Nah I didn't ruin your system..I just perfected it.. <3

I'm not a fan of Matt's constant negativity towards The Evil Within. It's not a perfect game but his constant passive aggressive comments like "Don't overthink it" really bring my enjoyment down.

I dont mind it. I think the game warrants the cynicism.

Plus he is not always negative.

i liked this lp. Its no Barkley but i enjoyed it

This actually has made me a much more open, relaxed person in social situations. I still can't just bring up anime out of nowhere, but I finally feel ok with talking about videogames and being generally seen as a nerd.

Everyone's a nerd about something and people generally like enthusiastic people, so being reserved about something isn't going to make you like it less, you'll just be more reserved.

I just hope people can understand that Kamen Rider != Power Rangers. I'll keep that in mind.

Passion can change minds. I've gotten quite a few people into anime just by talking about it passionately, since they never even thought to give it a chance until they saw that it could inspire such fervent fandom. If you talk about Kamen Rider (Not like, all the time, mind you) you might be able to make people give it more of a chance or introduce them to something they never would have known about.

Plenty of people near our general age loved Power Rangers as a kid, so it's actually not all that hard of a thing to introduce them to if they're not an asshole.

I think what it comes down to is that even if he's not happy with the game, letting the negative opinion change his attitude to one of not caring kinda sucks. The same thing happened with the end of Homecoming.

Uh. Hm. Well it's definitely a Windows 8 specific thing or something. Verify the cache again?

Hey in that persona patch are there gonna be any changes to my mains? Aegis, akihiko, and chie?

From what I found it seems there's going to be a couple across the board changes that will effect everyone. Such as, everyone seems to have persona invincibility on their C attacks now, and All out attacks can go to the max hits by just holding the buttons down.
Chie's also getting some changes to her supers, I forget what though. Not sure about those other characters.

Nah that was just the natural lewd night hour, but they have broken free from the darkness.

When the mods sleep, team shameless will creep!

Uh. Hm. Well it's definitely a Windows 8 specific thing or something. Verify the cache again?

And I guess that's the end of my PC gaming career. It's been a fun journey, but I think its time to hang up the old graphics cards and move on to the kind of gamer I was always meant to be.

DLDifF6R6ETGoHBPAfEDcwbRnZiTvty074hd0WQuRJug7RbfR7ihrkZXgt5zACKejbL6=h900

Verified it before I even tried everything else. Said it was all good.

Just finished the Evil Within.
Despite some aggravation with the Chapter 10 boss, I had a lot of fun playing through it. Didn't even fire a magnum round even though I was saving them for the final boss.

When the mods sleep, team shameless will creep!

"In brightest day and blackest night
No purity shall escape our sight
Let those who worship Lelouch's might
beware our power: The lewd light!"

My girlfriend said we can go out Friday. Whoo she said we can go watch the new Hobbit movie and then go back to her place to play some smash!!

Congrats man. Have fun! :)

Shackzam

I really just want to strangle Matt whenever he's passive aggressive. He comes off as an asshole when he does it because I'm just trying to listen to neutral commentary about the game. Every time Pat brings something up, Matt shoots it down and tries to make me feel bad for listening to whatever was said.

Tako

I eagerly await an update. I love helping people with relationship problems and people have told me I'm good, though I fully believe them to be full of shit, due to my inability to help Oberon. And being unable to help him hurts more than anything.!

My girlfriend said we can go out Friday. Whoo she said we can go watch the new Hobbit movie and then go back to her place to play some smash!!
tumblr_mo1g9nsqHc1r922azo1_500.gif

Zenfalcia

And I guess that's the end of my PC gaming career. It's been a fun journey, but I think its time to hang up the old graphics cards and move on to the kind of gamer I was always meant to be.

Verified it before I even tried everything else. Said it was all good.

Did you try the compatibility mode? Maybe? Don't give up! Gan batte!
it's spelt wrong but eh

Shackzam

From what I found it seems there's going to be a couple across the board changes that will effect everyone. Such as, everyone seems to have persona invincibility on their C attacks now, and All out attacks can go to the max hits by just holding the buttons down.
Chie's also getting some changes to her supers, I forget what though. Not sure about those other characters.

That, fucking that is the greatest shit. I hate mashing in all ark systems games, they want me to mash an excessive amount.

Tako

Wait, she was already your girlfriend? Then what was the worry?! I feel duped!

Well we got into a fight and it's been like 2 days since we talked and she knows how I am and she was just waiting for me to get over myself. I was worried that she didn't want to be with me anymore. Thanks A-A-ron

I really just want to strangle Matt whenever he's passive aggressive. He comes off as an asshole when he does it because I'm just trying to listen to neutral commentary about the game. Every time Pat brings something up, Matt shoots it down and tries to make me feel bad for listening to whatever was said.

Really agree. Negative Matt really brings down a lot of stuff.

That, fucking that is the greatest shit. I hate mashing in all ark systems games, they want me to mash an excessive amount.

Me too, open me up to a couple combos I've been ignoring because of it!

Basically my system.

http://youtu.be/QZuOKUrwoys

Not recommended for beginners or people who value other people's feelings.

Might be one reason why I'm already at a mid life crisis so early.

"You're gonna die tonight!" always gets those panties moist.

Well we got into a fight and it's been like 2 days since we talked and she knows how I am and she was just waiting for me to get over myself. I was worried that she didn't want to be with me anymore. Thanks A-A-ron

I see. Congrats and you're welcome. Be sure to do the sex thing.
GN7C54O.gif

Alfebit

Banned
I think what it comes down to is that even if he's not happy with the game, letting the negative opinion change his attitude to one of not caring kinda sucks. The same thing happened with the end of Homecoming.

Pretty much, I get more enjoyment out of them swinging hard in either direction of love or hate, so when Matt sounds like he doesn't care the commentary just isn't enjoyable.

I hope they play more games that they enjoy this next year like Barkley and RE4.

They have more fun that way

Exactly. I want more games that they're going to either love or hate.

Yup, tried running this game in the compatability troubleshooter and it set it to windows 7 compatability and 9 or 10 didn't work. This game just isn't gonna launch.

And people wonder why I don't give a shit about PC gaming smh. I'll stick to my consoles where games actually fucking work without having to spend two hours doing pointless dumb bullshit.

Yup, tried running this game in the compatability troubleshooter and it set it to windows 7 compatability and 9 or 10 didn't work. This game just isn't gonna launch.

And people wonder why I don't give a shit about PC gaming smh. I'll stick to my consoles where games actually fucking work without having to spend two hours doing pointless dumb bullshit.
Considering you have no clue on what your laptop has, its like trying to get a 360 game on an original Xbox.

Zenfalcia

I'm trying super duper hard. Mostly To figure out how to run it in that mode.

D: but it's not that bad.. it's just you've been super unlucky.. i wish i could help in person. Oh well.

I don't know if the compatability troubleshooter works.. what did you even try to compatability trouble shoot?

Don't give up! If worse comes to worse just delete the update that breaks DMC4
Night

Top Bottom