• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

No for Ultimax
Ken and Marie
2012-11-22-032539.jpg
For the writing thing? They're optional
I should start that. Hm.

croten

You guys talked about incest when I wasn't here? I can feel it...

That caught me off garde too, I was to used to W101.

Git gud

So I might have done a stupid thing last night. I accidentally downloaded a virus which my antivirus immediately deleted but not before it could be an asshole. What it did was delete all my shortcuts, pinned programs and everything on my start menu. The programs themselves are fine but I can only access them through their folders.

croten

See

Ah well, just create new shortcuts and add them to your start menu again. It could have done far more harm than it did.

Yeah it's my fuck up. Problem is that I don't remember half the shit that was there, it was always just so natural and now everything is gone. On the bright side I'm now using Fire fox and that seems to have fixed my issues with Twitch.

I adored Deus Ex when I played it more than 10 years ago. I tried to get into it again a few months ago, but I just couldn't do it.
I don't have a problem with those types of games for some reason and this like my first playthrough. Like I could totally finish system shock 2 if I wasn't dumb.

croten

I don't have a problem with those types of games for some reason and this like my first playthrough. Like I could totally finish system shock 2 if I wasn't dumb.

I can play most games that are old on PC except first person games. Thief and Deus Ex are two games that I will never finish sadly.

Catching up on the conversation, SkLa has to be cursed, because PC gaming has never been easier. Steam automatically downloads driver to make your games compatible, and patch your games for you. The last game I have to work to work to get running was Deadly Premonition, and that's because that game is a broken piece of shite, regardless the console.

Now, I've never had a problem running DMC4, but I haven't played it in a while, so when I get home, I'll check it out.

Hey Frienders, anyone here planning on getting Xrd? I won't be getting mine until the 23rd, but when I do get it, would anyone be up for a game?

Some of us already have it. I might get it at some point but I'm not a big fighting game guy
That's cool, i've never been a big fighting game guy either. I've always bought them, but never tried to actually get good at them. This is the first one I am going to try to seriously learn.

That's cool, i've never been a big fighting game guy either. I've always bought them, but never tried to actually get good at them. This is the first one I am going to try to seriously learn.
Well, good luck. This is ArkSys at their best, so it's not going to be easy. I'm sure someone would love to help you out.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I am barely good at Skullgirls and Smash, fighting games have too big of a learning curve.

croten

Again, it's just Deus Ex for some reason. I replayed and re-finished System Shock 2 and Planescape Torment just two months ago. And what do you mean by the System Shock 2 remark? The game isn't difficult, I'm pretty damn sure you could easily beat if it you put your mind into it.

If it wasn't important, a shortcut won't be necessary. Whenever you want to start something and notice the shortcut is missing, just create a new one. The necessary ones will come back to you over time.

The problem is that I don't know where half this shit is. Snipping tool for example, it's not in my start menu.

Emouse

Same here, trying to get good with other KI fighters and it's just whole to string of things to remember. =w=

Also morning Frienders!

Remembering things is my issue too, I have to learn one character at a time and take my time with it, I have no problems remembering anything with other games, but fightmans is different, you gotta learn your strengths and weaknesses for reals

Edit: also it's afternoon here so hey good afternoon friender!

Archgan

So I just had a discussion about the pronunciation of "often" and I wanted to know how everyone else pronounces. I pronounce it silent t.

croten

So I just had a discussion about the pronunciation of "often" and I wanted to know how everyone else pronounces. I pronounce it silent t.

Pronunciation is weird for me, I try to make sure I pronounce everything like it's supposed to be which a lot of people take as me trying to be posh. So yeah I would pronounce the T

Gamer Y

Remembering things is my issue too, I have to learn one character at a time and take my time with it, I have no problems remembering anything with other games, but fightmans is different, you gotta learn your strengths and weaknesses for reals

Edit: also it's afternoon here so hey good afternoon friender!
Yeah, I've been writing down the move sets for each character and if they link into combos and stuff like that to memorize. My biggest weakness is I don't block very much, cause it seems everytime I do, they down kick/punch or a cross up. -w-

Ah, Afernoon Friender, how has the day treated you?

croten

You know what's the dumbest shit that even JoJo does? Putting and showing a "plot revelation" in the episode's name at the beginning of the episode.

Or pretty much brick your computer. The goal of this one is apparently to just be annoying.
The way it's written, so no silent t.
That's why I said harmless. Everything is still functional but about two years of setting up convenience is just gone. Luckily most of my games are accessed through steam and my bookmarks are mostly the same, but GoG games and a bunch of other stuff is gone and it's annoying. I had everything just how I liked it.

Also, next time on Jojo: Dio defeated

Yeah, I've been writing down the move sets for each character and if they link into combos and stuff like that to memorize. My biggest weakness is I don't block very much, cause it seems everytime I do, they down kick/punch or a cross up. -w-

I always learned fighters like I learned something in History class..you first learn all of the core events (Your B&B combos) and then you slowly start to filter in all of the supporting events around those (ways to extend your combos). Learning when to punish and blocking all will just come with practice..all I can say is..

HAYDTYD.gif

Emouse

Thinking about it I tend to use both, my accent gets lazy

I should probably do that too actually, I'm terrible at linking combos though in skullgirls I'm getting it, I know what you mean about blocking too though possibly for different reasons I play too aggressively and just eat attacks

So far the day has been fine thanks

Gamer Y

I always learned fighters like I learned something in History class..you first learn all of the core events (Your B&B combos) and then you slowly start to filter in all of the supporting events around those (ways to extend your combos). Learning when to punish and blocking all will just come with practice..all I can say is..
B&B combos? seems like a method, guess I can give it a go. Thank you

Thinking about it I tend to use both, my accent gets lazy

I should probably do that too actually, I'm terrible at linking combos though in skullgirls I'm getting it, I know what you mean about blocking too though possibly for different reasons I play too aggressively and just eat attacks

So far the day has been fine thanks
Yeah, well that and you have to go to a website to see their movelist, (unless something's changed since last I played?) I do the same, I like the rushdown fighters.

B&B combos? seems like a method, guess I can give it a go. Thank you

Bread and Butter Combos. For example in Skullgirls for Bella..one of mine is
c.lk, c.mp, c.hp, j.mp, j.hk, c.lp, c.mp, c.hp, Diamond Dynamo and you can throw in an assist at the end to keep it going into another.

Again, it's just Deus Ex for some reason. I replayed and re-finished System Shock 2 and Planescape Torment just two months ago. And what do you mean by the System Shock 2 remark? The game isn't difficult, I'm pretty damn sure you could easily beat if it you put your mind into it.

I have no idea why I can't play ss2, I just can't. It might be because I over worry and feel like every time I upgrade something like endurance I feel stupid because it can be used for something way more importan and then I just stop playing. Yes I know how stupid this is i'm just paraionad. Maybe I'll pick it up after deus ex.

Gamer Y

Bread and Butter Combos. For example in Skullgirls for Bella..one of mine is
c.lk, c.mp, c.hp, j.mp, j.hk, c.lp, c.mp, c.hp, Diamond Dynamo and you can throw in an assist at the end to keep it going into another.
Never heard of that, but i can think of some for fighters I use. I'm guessing j is jump but what's the c stand for?

croten

I have no idea why I can't play ss2, I just can't. It might be because I over worry and feel like every time I upgrade something like endurance I feel stupid because it can be used for something way more importan and then I just stop playing. Yes I know how stupid this is i'm just paraionad. Maybe I'll pick it up after deus ex.

That's kind of a safe assumption. I think there are roadblocks if you don't have a high enough hacking or lockpicking skill. The simple solution is save states.

Never heard of that, but i can think of some for fighters I use. I'm guessing j is jump but what's the c stand for?
crouch.

J=jumping C=crouching. Everyone has different B&B combos so mine may not work for you or against all characters especially in a game like Skullgirls. My best advice for you is to just sit down and see what works for you and then when you find one that seems to work with most characters hitboxes go back into your input log and write it down and keep a cheatsheet to study and use.

croten

I see your point.(Again, JoJo season 1 spoiler)
Yeah, but Episode 18 and the episodes that lead up to it had nothing to do with
Von Stroheim and I wasn't actively expecting a human like him to return from being blown to bits by a grenade (I haven't heard of the character like I have of Dio), so starting off an unrelated episode with "Von Stroheim's revenge" was kind of stupid.

GERMEN SCIENCE IZ ZE SCIENCE IN ZE WORLD!

Top Bottom