• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

People are dumb, irrational, and don't know how things work.

Now, feasibly, Square could create a FFVII remake, and it is surely guaranteed to make the money back, but they just don't want to. I kinda don't know what they are waiting for. Their company is only surviving off of Mobile games, because every AAA venture hasn't matched expectations.

Square did. The remake is called FF13.

Sazh = Barret
Lightning = Cloud

That's all I got for now. I have yet to complete or 100% the game.

The cool thing about NG+ is that you can replay any chapter. Just load the save through the option and bam! Even works mid chapter.

No, No, buy DLC! Plot points will be answered!
I liked the part where the tip guy remains nameless!

I'm tempted to buy DLC because the game is somewhat fun to play, not because of the shit story. Pat hit it on the head when he said the game needs a dodge roll.

I just want more enemy fountains and fewer dumb plot bullshit.

Zenfalcia

All of my characters are random things like that and every time the Tank comes out, the game plays John Cena's theme... Will that suffice?

no, need those anime waifus, or husbandos. I have my roster decked out with elis as neptune in a santa outfit, coach as lee everet, nick as hokuto no ken complete with voice over, and rochelle as fate terressa. #weeb
I barely know how to run games, I don't think I'll be using any mods for a while.

It's easy once you learn how to do it.

Refresh the page. The link was bad. I put best girl in it new one.

She's best girl for a good reason. :3

360pages

Seriously someone needs to edit the ending of the game as it pans out. The words Fuck You slowly fade in.

I mean fuck, Say what you will about RE4 Story, at least it answers most of the questions, and even things you questioned were wrapped up in the ending credit montage.

To everyone that has or will get or thinks there's the most miniscule chance you'll have Ultimax, have you gotten the free shit out now? It's nothing huge but just fyi if you want it.

Know what the worst part of this TWE LP has been?

The community shitting on everything about the game and not enjoying the story and speculating on it for themselves. Just hate it because someone says they should. I personally loved the LP and the game. It's not perfect by absolutely any means at all and has some very glaring issues in some areas, some technical and some purely by design. It's still a very FUN game and even INTERESTING if you stop trying to treat it like it has to be some super intelligent and coherent thing then complain that the game takes itself too seriously.

I wish I could join in with lewd christmas avatars but the ones i want arent gaf appropriate

Lewdness below, you have been warned

Riley Reid or Mia Malkova

Seriously someone needs to edit the ending of the game as it pans out. The words Fuck You slowly fade in.

I mean fuck, Say what you will about RE4 Story, at least it answers most of the questions, and even things you questioned were wrapped up in the ending credit montage.

RE always had a straight story structure. Rarely were we thrown for super crazy loops.

Here: the beginning and the end fuck with everything that happened in between.

I really wish I knew who the nurse really was... Or the mysterious guy in the cage.

The community shitting on everything about the game and not enjoying the story and speculating on it for themselves. Just hate it because someone says they should. I personally loved the LP and the game. It's not perfect by absolutely any means at all and has some very glaring issues in some areas, some technical and some purely by design. It's still a very FUN game and even INTERESTING if you stop trying to treat it like it has to be some super intelligent and coherent thing then complain that the game takes itself too seriously.

The art and the cool crossbow are the only redeeming things I can say I enjoy about the game. Everything else felt all over the place.
I really wish there were more enemy fountains or more of those unique mid-card bosses. Fuck I want to love this game and I can't because it Has too many flaws.

E the Shaggy

On top of all the plotholes big enough to drive a truck through in TEW, the one that bugs me is:

Ok, when you set up your villain as essentially God in this environment you're dropped into, there needs to be a legitimate reason as to why he can't accomplish the goals he's looking to achieve.

Ruvik can teleport wherever the hell he wants, he literally can touch anyone in his landscape and kill them instantly. So in the final chapter, he ports in front of Sebastian and attempts to...strangle him to death? Only to be hurt by the lantern because it's fire I guess? Mind fire?

He needed to touch Leslie to jump into his brain, ok granted, but again, he can teleport. Why not just instantly show up in front of Leslie and finish this instantly? Why the hell would he turn himself into a giant monster when he was already invincible as just regular Ruvik?

MY BRAIN!

MormaPope

Banned

The way this is phrased makes it seem like not liking a story in any medium is unwarranted hate or criticism. The Resident Evil series is a good example of fun but dumb storylines, Silent Hill as a series is a good example of psychological and interpretation based storylines. The Evil Within is nonsensical and dull, and the lack of sensicalness doesn't make if fun, goofy, or endearing.

sjay1994

I've been places

mg-54924d3fd2cb8.gif

The way this is phrased makes it seem like not liking a story in any medium is unwarranted hate or criticism. The Resident Evil series is a good example of fun but dumb storylines, Silent Hill as a series is a good example of psychological and interpretation based storylines. The Evil Within is nonsensical and dull, and the lack of sensicalness doesn't make if fun, goofy, or endearing.

The game tries too hard to be serious and spoopy, but there isn't enough for me to be scared of and the plot is all over the place.

The premise is so cool though and the art looks really great in game.

The way this is phrased makes it seem like not liking a story in any medium is unwarranted hate or criticism. The Resident Evil series is a good example of fun but dumb storylines, Silent Hill as a series is a good example of psychological and interpretation based storylines. The Evil Within is nonsensical and dull.

I've never been great at wording so sorry if it sounds confusing. I just hear from so many of this community that the story makes no sense and doesn't explain some things, and while that's true for some aspects of it such as
Tatiana
and
how the hell Ruvik killed the cops at the start
, a lot of it in my eyes is told to you in a way that lets you interpret it how you want to with no real definitive answer. Is this a bad thing? I guess so according to some people.

Obviously people are entitled to their opinion, but the LP really convinced me that I still want to play the game. Regardless of the story it still looks fun to play, and there's cool shit there, it's just the most people had higher expectations.

I'm saying anything like "OH MAN WHY DON'T YOU GUYS LIKE THIS GAME" or anything like that. Just that I'm disappointed at how much the community itself and Matt's total lack of interest in the game has completely killed some of the fun of this LP.

Obviously people are entitled to their opinion, but the LP really convinced me that I still want to play the game. Regardless of the story it still looks fun to play, and there's cool shit there, it's just the most people had higher expectations.

Yeah, pretty much.

I didn't go in with any expectations because I personally believe that's a stupid thing to do as you'll ALWAYS be disappointed in some aspect. Always.

I've never been great at wording so sorry if it sounds confusing. I just hear from so many of this community that the story makes no sense and doesn't explain some things, and while that's true for some aspects of it such as
Tatiana
and
, a lot of it in my eyes is told to you in a way that lets you interpret it how you want to with no real definitive answer. Is this a bad thing? I guess so according to some people.

Non-linear and obtuse storytelling still needs to nail down key things, such as:

how did Connolly turn and sebass didn't?
what is this organization Kidman works for and why is she after Ruvik's brain
how do Ruvik's powers work?
what were we reading in the diary notes about sebass and his daughters death?

sjay1994

Tatiana
and

There isn't anything to enable speculation and theories though. The game keeps presenting things to you, but doesn't explain what the thing is or its significance. The souls games items give people stuff to speculate and fill in the lore.

There is nothing concrete to grasp on to in TEW. The same thing applies to destiny.

Alfebit

Banned
I'm saying anything like "OH MAN WHY DON'T YOU GUYS LIKE THIS GAME" or anything like that. Just that I'm disappointed at how much the community itself and Matt's total lack of interest in the game has completely killed some of the fun of this LP.

I agree. Not a fan of Matt's passive aggressive comments like "Don't overthink it" or "Buy the DLC"

Top Bottom