• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

MormaPope

Banned
You could show half a dozen screenshots and the same exact train sequence from the tech demo years ago, then embargo everything til release date and it'd likely sell more than the whole XIII series from hype alone.

The problem I see is if they fuck up a remake..Many people who never played VII back in the day would say "This pile of shit is the best thing they've ever made?". (And no, I don't think it's their best game ;p but it has the biggest following).

Who would be hyped though? Classic JRPG fans? Final Fantasy fans? Square Enix fans? Shenmue 3 getting released would make Shenmue fans explode, everyone else though?

Man Guilty Gear feels so good to play, but damn the PS3 version just doesn't look at pretty as the PS4 one :(

But its still gorgeous.

Also, I'm up for GG if anyone's online. If I even know how it works.

Have they ever even done anything with that engine? I feel bad for the people who had to program it only for them to never use it. That's gotta be fucking disheartening as hell. But there's probably a reason they scrapped it lol.
I bet the resulting product is as amazing as XV is, but it's time consuming/expensive as fuck to use.
A FFVII remake is juicy for veteran Final Fantasy fans or FFVII fans. It comes down to appealing to new people, to bringing in people that aren't fans. What's easier, making something new with no baggage involved and trying to appease those people? Or making something that has story and legacy baggage, and is entirely new in almost every way?
10 million copies worldwide of FFVII is a way bigger audience than FFXIII's 6.6 million copies.

MormaPope

Banned
I bet the resulting product is as amazing as XV is, but it's time consuming/expensive as fuck to use.

10 million copies worldwide of FFVII is a way bigger audience than FFXII's 6.6 million copies.

We have no idea what that audience is up to now. And its a bigger question if nostalgia is enough to bring detached people back.

XIII-2 is favourite of the series and I got the platinum trophy in Returns

Every "best of Final Fantasy" discussion must be a uphill battle all the time ;)

A FFVII remake is juicy for veteran Final Fantasy fans or FFVII fans. It comes down to appealing to new people, to bringing in people that aren't fans. What's easier, making something new with no baggage involved and trying to appease those people? Or making something that has story and legacy baggage, and is entirely new in almost every way?

All a FFVII remake amounts to is taking a setting and story, then transplanting that into a new game.
Well, I just don't trust the market when it comes to a JRPG. Granted, I would be more interested in FFXV over VII, but it really doesn't hinge on one person.

Have they ever even done anything with that engine? I feel bad for the people who had to program it only for them to never use it. That's gotta be fucking disheartening as hell. But there's probably a reason they scrapped it lol.

The official statement on why the Kingdom Hearts team switched engines is that, "Rendering issues," which translate to, "Luminous is fucking bullshit, and if we ever wanted this game to come out, we gotta get off this shit."

Luminous was the next gen engine of choice for Square, but other than Realm Reborn and XV, nothing else is using it, and it seems that this crap will just be another money pit for them.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Seriously rotate your fucking saves. That's like..the most important thing.
Pat has taught us well.
tumblr_nddaf4aTZ91rsftgfo1_500.png

The official statement on why the Kingdom Hearts team switched engines is that, "Rendering issues," which translate to, "Luminous is fucking bullshit, and if we ever wanted this game to come out, we gotta get off this shit."

Luminous was the next gen engine of choice for Square, but other than Realm Reborn and XV, nothing else is using it, and it seems that this crap will just be another money pit for them.

Wow. They better be making a lot of games on that engine. I'm surprised that KH doesn't work on it but something like 15 does, but I guess they're just built completely differently.

Wow. They better be making a lot of games on that engine. I'm surprised that KH doesn't work on it but something like 15 does, but I guess they're just built completely differently.
Sony and Square Enix circa 2006 was like the pinnacle of "we're number 1, we have the money and resources to do the fuck we want and everyone will love us."

How wrong and humbled they were over the years.

Though I still kinda miss Crazy Ken Kutaragi.

Whoaaa, Mythbusters have their own website now? Yoooooo.
It previously wasn't theirs, it was a sister site to Giant Bomb back when they were owned by Whiskey Media. Mythbusters bought it up and had themselves put in the logo, but Will Smith and Norman Chan are the real stars.

God, those Whiskey Media days were so fucking good. Skipping school my senior year to watch the Big Live Live Show Second Annual was something special.

MormaPope

Banned
XIII-2 got 3.1 million and Lightning Returns has done 1.4 million as of September.

It couldn't do worse than that, is all I mean.

Those were cheap sequels though financially, tons of reused assets. Square knew they weren't putting 100% into those titles money wise, and with XIII's reception, you can't really blame them. They could've made new games entirely, Lightning Returns isn't like XIII at all design wise, but they decided to reuse assets and try to make cash quick.

Just started Dark Souls a little while ago, got to this armored boar. Is there a way to backstab him or anything? My attacks rebound off his armor...

Just started Dark Souls a little while ago, got to this armored boar. Is there a way to backstab him or anything? My attacks rebound off his armor...

Go up the stairs on the side, there's an item called Alluring Skull. Aim the camera down from the bridge and throw the skulls off the ledge into the fire and the boar will run into the fire, space them out and let him reset and you'll have enough skulls to kill him and he doesn't respawn.

Go up the stairs on the side, there's an item called Alluring Skull. Aim the camera down from the bridge and throw the skulls off the ledge into the fire and the boar will run into the fire, space them out and let him reset and you'll have enough skulls to kill him and he doesn't respawn.
They are attracted to that? I should have experimented with that somemore

It previously wasn't theirs, it was a sister site to Giant Bomb back when they were owned by Whiskey Media. Mythbusters bought it up and had themselves put in the logo, but Will Smith and Norman Chan are the real stars.

God, those Whiskey Media days were so fucking good. Skipping school my senior year to watch the Big Live Live Show Second Annual was something special.
I'll check this shit out regardless. I am unabashed Mythbusters fan. It's not real science, but it's solid for pop-science.

Aww fuck... That ending to TEW was terrible! I'm glad I'm almost done with the game. I don't think replaying the game in Ng+ will be any more fun.

Damn it Bethesda, you fucked this up.

Aww fuck... That ending to TEW was terrible! I'm glad I'm almost done with the game. I don't think replaying the game in Ng+ will be any more fun.

The cool thing about NG+ is that you can replay any chapter. Just load the save through the option and bam! Even works mid chapter.

Yeah, you can back stab it.

Or you could just roll though it's attacks.

There are some boars later in the game that you can't backstab. Have fun.

360pages

No, No, buy DLC! Plot points will be answered!

I liked the part where the tip guy remains nameless!

Top Bottom