• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Zenfalcia

It's possible, golden or vanilla?

You can and should try to every dungeon in a day. That's how I did all of them in 3 and 4, messed up a couple times but it's totally possible.

I did it on one day on my playthrough. I did all the dungeons in one day when they opened up to me.

So basically git gud

I'd say wait until you get the SP healer. You can do it in one day

I'm playing on vanilla. With the amazing "aha! Is this our chance? Voice acting... That one line is so bad.

I'm on 04/18 and tempted to just try to finish it in one day.

I'm playing on vanilla. With the amazing "aha! Is this our chance? Voice acting... That one line is so bad.

I'm on 04/18 and tempted to just try to finish it in one day.

Damn, you don't get the piss easy yukkio fight than.

I instantly figured "low energy" was Mat just realizing how nothing TEW is. He is full of energy in Cryme Tyme and he typically never talks as much during the podcast as Pat, Woolie and Liam.

Matt really fucking hit it on the head when he said there are "too many cooks" in TEW.

There are so many plot lines in TEW and none of them are given proper conclusions

• Who is the nurse
  • What does Kidman want
  • What about Sebastian and Joeseph turning into haunted
  • What are all the enemies even?
  • Who is Leslie?
  • The huge fucking plothole at the beginning. How did Ruvik kill those cops?
  • Where did Sebastians wife go?

None of these are answered. Not to mention I am glad they saw Kidman is literally just Ada, but less interesting. Jennifer Carpenter was really phoning it in.

Buy the DLC is the only fucking way you can get any answers from this shit show of a plot. I mean, look at RE4. You don't need Assignment Ada to understand Leons story of saving Ashley.

The only fucking way anything can come out of this plot is from dlc.

TEW and ACU are the games I played this year that really pissed me the fuck off.
"Hey what's that on the ground? Is that the script?"

I mean. At least you're not wrong lol.

People still don't think that a remake of that game "can't possibly" need a big budget. Smh.

People are dumb, irrational, and don't know how things work.

Now, feasibly, Square could create a FFVII remake, and it is surely guaranteed to make the money back, but they just don't want to. I kinda don't know what they are waiting for. Their company is only surviving off of Mobile games, because every AAA venture hasn't matched expectations.

360pages

I instantly figured "low energy" was Mat just realizing how nothing TEW is. He is full of energy in Cryme Tyme and he typically never talks as much during the podcast as Pat, Woolie and Liam.

Matt really fucking hit it on the head when he said there are "too many cooks" in TEW.

There are so many plot lines in TEW and none of them are given proper conclusions

• Who is the nurse
  • What does Kidman want
  • What about Sebastian and Joeseph turning into haunted
  • What are all the enemies even?
  • Who is Leslie?
  • The huge fucking plothole at the beginning. How did Ruvik kill those cops?
  • Where did Sebastians wife go?

None of these are answered. Not to mention I am glad they saw Kidman is literally just Ada, but less interesting. Jennifer Carpenter was really phoning it in.

Buy the DLC is the only fucking way you can get any answers from this shit show of a plot. I mean, look at RE4. You don't need Assignment Ada to understand Leons story of saving Ashley.

The only fucking way anything can come out of this plot is from dlc.

TEW and ACU are the games I played this year that really pissed me the fuck off.

Don't forget who was talking to Seb giving him tips before he just kind of died? Was he there with them, one of Ruvik's victims that he remembered?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...pillow-for-endless-cuddle-possibilites/.82298

ehTmg0s.gif

Now, feasibly, Square could create a FFVII remake, and it is surely guaranteed to make the money back, but they just don't want to. I kinda don't know what they are waiting for. Their company is only surviving off of Mobile games, because every AAA venture hasn't matched expectations.

Something like that isn't guaranteed. Is FF7 really gonna make all the money they spend on it back and more? I'm not so sure. It'll definitely sell, but the final fantasy name, even 7, doesn't mean as much to people as it used to in the ps1 days.

Something like that isn't guaranteed. Is FF7 really gonna make all the money they spend on it back and more? I'm not so sure. It'll definitely sell, but the final fantasy name, even 7, doesn't mean as much to people as it used to in the ps1 days.

FFXV isn't going to make money either, off the game. That's why there are going to be sequels. That's why there is probably a Sony marketing deal in place.

The AAA market simply can not make money anymore. The games development costs too much. With FFVII, you can set aside realistic goals, for nostalgia, and people who want to experience the game, but didn't want to deal with PS1 graphics, while FFXV is for those who still care about JRPGs, a genre that is dying in Japan, and dying in America.

Your call.

MormaPope

Banned

Why would it make its money back?

Because I tried several times to preorder the collector's edition Type-0.

I like the Final Fantasy franchise and if there's one thing I've learned, I'm not unique on the internet so that must mean that there are enough idiots like me who want to throw money at Square Enix. Hell, I'm probably going to buy VII soon after it releases on PS4

FFXV isn't going to make money either, off the game. That's why there are going to be sequels. That's why there is probably a Sony marketing deal in place.

The AAA market simply can not make money anymore. The games development costs too much. With FFVII, you can set aside realistic goals, for nostalgia, and people who want to experience the game, but didn't want to deal with PS1 graphics, while FFXV is for those who still care about JRPGs, a genre that is dying in Japan, and dying in America.

Your call.

That's why you make the engine for 15 though. Obviously you can't create a new engine per game which is why you have to make sequels on it using your biggest names. That's why ubisoft and COD games still make money. You're not gonna have realistic goals for FF7 if you create a whole engine for that game and the sales aren't there. People assume that "nostalgia" will sell if its FF7, but honestly how many FF7 fans are actually out there that Square would be able to make money off them?. 15 and all of its sequels are gonna make way more money than a remake of 7 ever could and creating a whole new engine and assets now for that instead of just reusing the stuff for 15 would cost Square way too much money. Something they obviously don't have to throw around.

It could also just be a pride thing, maybe they don't want to remake a game because its a sign of weakness that they can't make more games. Or maybe they just love trolling people. None of us know Square's business plan and probably won't ever know until if/when they ever go bankrupt and leak that stuff.

grimmiq

You could show half a dozen screenshots and the same exact train sequence from the tech demo years ago, then embargo everything til release date and it'd likely sell more than the whole XIII series from hype alone.

The problem I see is if they fuck up a remake..Many people who never played VII back in the day would say "This pile of shit is the best thing they've ever made?". (And no, I don't think it's their best game ;p but it has the biggest following).

YOOOOOO I JUST FOUND
HIDEHIKO
FROM PERSONA 1 IN P2. Oh man I wish
Naoya
were there but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen

MormaPope

Banned
Because I tried several times to preorder the collector's edition Type-0.

I like the Final Fantasy franchise and if there's one thing I've learned, I'm not unique on the internet so that must mean that there are enough idiots like me who want to throw money at Square Enix. Hell, I'm probably going to buy VII soon after it releases on PS4

Well, did you buy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns? I did, a lot of people didn't though.

I'm assuming a FFVII remake would sell better at a higher price, and that the marketing contract would be better.

A FFVII remake is juicy for veteran Final Fantasy fans or FFVII fans. It comes down to appealing to new people, to bringing in people that aren't fans. What's easier, making something new with no baggage involved and trying to appease those people? Or making something that has story and legacy baggage, and is entirely new in almost every way?

All a FFVII remake amounts to is taking a setting and story, then transplanting that into a new game.

The engine that was replaced by UE4 in Kingdom Hearts III. The Luminous Engine may be the absolute biggest money sink that Square has ever created.

Have they ever even done anything with that engine? I feel bad for the people who had to program it only for them to never use it. That's gotta be fucking disheartening as hell. But there's probably a reason they scrapped it lol.

Top Bottom