• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Yeah. I get the fact that some people didn't like I personally think you are being a bit too harsh but it's whatever. I personally didn't feel it drag that much for some reason.

Even with the technical difficulties, I think this LP was shorter than TLOU.

Xiraiya

hp3NpK.jpg
So Ultimate Particle Storm 4 will be coming to PC, I'm curious to see if they redid the models or if it'll just be effects and textures they updated since it's PS4, XBONE, PC only.

The Last of Us.
Seriously? TLOU seemed fine, flawed but fine, I hear them talk about how bad it was sometimes but I assumed they were joking because it really wasn't that bad.

croten

So Ultimate Particle Storm 4 will be coming to PC, I'm curious to see if they redid the models or if it'll just be effects and textures they updated since it's PS4, XBONE, PC only.

Seriously? TLOU seemed fine, flawed but fine, I hear them talk about how bad it was sometimes but I assumed they were joking because it really wasn't that bad.

A lot of people really hated it.

Archgan

A lot of people really hated it.
I never got the hate for it. Sure he missed some items that were right in front of his face but that didn't detract from my enjoyment. I also didn't mind the garbage joke because it was just a joke that they were obviously not serious about most of the time.

Xiraiya

DMC4, why the fuck not?
I feel like we're forgetting something, but I'd like to see that since I've never really bothered to get into DMC before.

Katawa Shoujo...
Maybe Bayonetta (not 2 because personally haven't played it), or DMC4 want to see them do another character action game.

We've gotten enough Bayonetta I think, I like the series and all but they go on and on and on and we had that huge Bayonetta 2 Video and it's like, yeah I've definitely seen enough.

JoJo94

I feel like we're forgetting something, but I'd like to see that since I've never really bothered to get into DMC before.

We've gotten enough Bayonetta I think, I like the series and all but they go on and on and on and we had that huge Bayonetta 2 Video and it's like, yeah I've definitely seen enough.

Yeah like I said personally didn't watch that video so I don't have the overload of Bayonetta like you might.

croten

They might as well wait for the SE.

I figure they could do DMC4 it to build up hype for the SE. Plus it's probably the best to do an LP of, they could talk about the entire history of the series, how perfect the combat is, the many flaws with the game, why DmC is a travesty etc.
Yeah like I said personally didn't watch that video so I don't have the overload of Bayonetta like you might.

We've also never had a bayo 1 video before.

Xiraiya

I think a Pat and Liam (Woolie probably needs a break) LP of Demon Souls would be pretty interesting honestly, with Bloodborne coming early next year

But that's exactly the point, they've done enough, want more Bayonetta from them? Watch the video we already have gotten from them.

croten

I think a Pat and Liam (Woolie probably needs a break) LP of Demon Souls would be pretty interesting honestly, with Bloodborne coming early next year

But that's exactly the point, they've done enough, want more Bayonetta from them? Watch the video we already have gotten from them.

They've only done one video on it. It's hardly an overload.

JoJo94

BUt I need to play the game lol.

In all honesty I'm having a tough time thinking of games they would be hyped for playing that would fit an lp.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I figure they could do DMC4 it to build up hype for the SE. Plus it's probably the best to do an LP of, they could talk about the entire history of the series, how perfect the combat is, the many flaws with the game, why DmC is a travesty etc.

It'd be a good opportunity, but it'd also be a shame that they wouldn't be able to do an LP of DMC4SE at launch because it'd be too soon after. I suppose they could to a standalone little LP of Vergil in DMC4SE, but we still don't know the extent of his inclusion or what other tweaks/changes they're making yet.

BUt I need to play the game lol.

In all honesty I'm having a tough time thinking of games they would be hyped for playing that would fit an lp.

They should just do Haunting Ground. Shitstorm be damned. Just do it.

Xiraiya

Dude. I've never been a fan of the TLOU LP, but nuzlocke was infinitely worse.
Nuzlocke was fucking terrible, not even because of Woolie, my issue was Liam giving bad advice, I can deal with someone forgetting how to play a game or not playing amazingly or something, because I'm a reasonable human being, but when they're relying on someone giving constantly bad/wrong advice in a manner where they're so sure they're correct, that is frustrating to watch.

croten

It'd be a good opportunity, but it'd also be a shame that they wouldn't be able to do an LP of DMC4SE at launch because it'd be too soon after. I suppose they could to a standalone little LP of Vergil in DMC4SE, but we still don't know the extent of his inclusion or what other tweaks/changes they're making yet.

I actually don't want a full LP, considering we don't know anything about it yet but also I would prefer just a one off.

JoJo94

Nuzlocke was fucking terrible, not even because of Woolie, my issue was Liam giving bad advice, I can deal with someone forgetting how to play a game or not playing amazingly or something, because I'm a reasonable human being, but when they're relying on someone giving constantly bad/wrong advice in a manner where they're so sure they're correct, that is frustrating to watch.

Yeah there were a few times were he was giving joke advice just for fun. BUt he did genuinely forget some things and give bad advice. I am happy that the stream made up for the whole thing though to try and keep things somewhat positive.

What about LPing that one game they said was too bad to LP?

You know, just to fill the time.

They don't even have to put out more than one episode....

ArjanN

IMO Nuzlocke sucked because Pokemon is a very basic RPG that isn't terribly interesting to watch, even with added artificial limitations.

Xiraiya

Yeah there were a few times were he was giving joke advice just for fun. BUt he did genuinely forget some things and give bad advice. I am happy that the stream made up for the whole thing though to try and keep things somewhat positive.
In a situation where the LP will end when they die/lose, that kind of trolling isn't even funny at that point, it's just outright stupid and really just makes him look like a piece of shit.

IMO Nuzlocke sucked because Pokemon is a very basic RPG that isn't terribly interesting to watch, even with added artificial limitations.
I liked it at first but I do agree that the Pokemon games aren't the best LP material.

demidar

Pat would do it but who else? Liam?

Woolie. The salt of him not getting his way during conversational headbutting will be funny. Or maybe he'll invest points into Charisma to fuck Pat over.

Or do Woolie + Liam with Pat to guide them in the first few episodes to ease them into the game's systems.

JoJo94

In a situation where the LP will end when they die/lose, that kind of trolling isn't even funny at that point, it's just outright stupid and really just makes him look like a piece of shit.

I liked it at first but I do agree that the Pokemon games aren't the best LP material.

I can see how some people can feel that way. BUt, to me the part when he knocked the controller out of Woolie's hand while poisoned and on the bike road was the best part because it brought them back to life for a little bit.

Xiraiya

I can see how some people can feel that way. BUt, to me the part when he knocked the controller out of Woolie's hand while poisoned and on the bike road was the best part because it brought them back to life for a little bit.

Yeah, at that point that's just Liam being a child, it's not like it has to be this for real serious stuff, but there is a big difference between crap like that to legitamately try and mess the LP up, and making amusing and dumb unhelpful comments that are harmless, like Matt (Well, sometimes amusing)

Top Bottom