• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

croten

People have been shitting on this left and right, but the way I see it, it's basically perfect. Minecraft has so little story to it that you can pretty much write anything you want. It's the perfect "blank slate" for Telltale to do something interesting with.

Telltale may as well just do an original story, why does it have to be related to a pre-existing series?

Xiraiya

People have been shitting on this left and right, but the way I see it, it's basically perfect. Minecraft has so little story to it that you can pretty much write anything you want. It's the perfect "blank slate" for Telltale to do something interesting with.
I don't care about Mindcraft, but I do see your reasoning here and I actually agree that Telltale of all people could definitely do some cool and interesting stuff with it.

Well he is the youngest lol. BUt in all seriousness, he himself probably did it out of boredom too.

Liam is what? 21-23? That's stuff you're prone to do when you're 14/15.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Telltale may as well just do an original story, why does it have to be related to a pre-existing series?

Sales, obviously. This will sell a shit-ton of copies on the strength of the Minecraft name alone. And being tethered to Minecraft isn't going to hurt anything. It doesn't limit Telltale in any significant way, save for the whole "family friendly" aspect. Which is fine. Not everything has to be Walking Dead or Game of Thrones levels of dark.

Xiraiya

Do they have trouble coming up with an interesting initial concept? That could be a problem.

I know that feel actually, I don't consider myself a writer or anything, but I do like writing out concepts and stories and so on, but have the easiest time when there is a base to work on, give me a premade world with set rules and stuff and I'll do anything and everything to change it into something I envision, but starting from scratch is tough and I just don't have the imagination to do that very well.

Unlike Beloved, who is pretty incredible in how she writes and has an extremely vivid and active imagination that makes mine look like a broken TV from the 60's by comparison.

360pages

A pokemon LP could work, the fact that it was a Nuzlock probably hurt it. Sure a few Nuzlocks are good, but I find the best pokemon LP's are informative ones that use lesser used pokemon. Something their LP was missing.

A pokemon LP could work, the fact that it was a Nuzlock probably hurt it. Sure a few Nuzlocks are good, but I find the best pokemon LP's are informative ones that use lesser used pokemon. Something their LP was missing.

Don't show grinding and show gym battles.

Boom, you have a competent Pokemanz LP.

Xiraiya

I think Nuzlocke has ruined all potential Pokemon LPs for the Best Friends, no one wants to see that.

Maybe if they did one of the 3DS games and recorded it like how GB do 3DS stuff.

360pages

Which is a shame, an LP where they each got to pick two members of the team, would have been a hell of a lot more interesting. Plus it would have showed what kind of pokemon they like.

Xiraiya

Which is a shame, an LP where they each got to pick two members of the team, would have been a hell of a lot more interesting. Plus it would have showed what kind of pokemon they like.

Oh I can tell you that.

Pat and Woolie: A Mix of good and okay Pokemon
Liam: Everything else that no one likes

To quote that Minecraft thread.

tcz3sFl.gif

The best way to do a Pokemon LP is to know a lot about Pokemon, and have some kind of stakes to make it interesting. Pokemon is not a fun game to watch. It's a fairly simple turn-based RPG, with minimal story, and extreme lack of difficulty.

Knowing Pokemon is one part, but the second part is to have some kind of challenge limitation. Need it be a Nuzlocke, or some other challenge, but it needs something. Unless you are going to talk about a lot of nothing.

mike0dude

mincraft story mode means that we will finaly get that Full LP of minecraft we've all been asking for!
no fuck you it's never happening

Zenfalcia

Good afternoon/morning everone. How is everyone doing?

How do I add myself to the Doc?

I wanna be the doc.

I'm so tired of insomnia guys, my schedule has been: Up all night and then I wake up sometime during the day quite late, whole thing repeats ad nauseum as I try to sleep and instead stare at the walls of my room in the dark. Or browse gaf all night.

Or play video games because FUCK WELL I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE FUCK.

(I'm Cranky, and also Pat... YOU'LL NEVER GET ANSWERS...EVER NOT EVEN IN THE DLC)

You'll probably never read this, but the doc is in the OP when you quote it, you'll see it.

For the sleep thing, you could try to stay up all night and then sleep properly the next day.

Huh, that's cool, and that explains a bit of the weirdly BestGAF related stuff you've done.

E the Shaggy

Of all the hidden mysteries of the Best Friends, I really want to know how the hell Pat gets into bed. He wraps himself up like a burrito or something?

Top Bottom