• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Zenfalcia

I was only talking about the good route too...

The end of her good route is basically

I forgot how rin's good route ended and just read up on it.. yep.. it's something all right.
I have a really bad habit of getting emotionally invested in shit like this especially if their is romance involved. I normally don't feel much on my own so that gives me my daily dose of emotion.

Is that why you love romances?
Getting DS2 & MGR:R in steam sale because I already own them both already wut

anything else I should look out for?

also Skullgirls is cheap
as is Vanguard Princess, go git your loli fightmans

hey! There's only one loli and she's a grappler.
Man, if you haven't played State of Decay before, do it. $5 is a steal for arguably one of the best zombie games on the market.

What about the dlc, are they on sale?

demidar

I'm kind of weird in that I'm really difficult to grab ahold of emotionally, but if a book, game or movie actually manages to do it, I'm fucking done.

Mmm I'm the same way. I was watching Giant Bomb's latest MGS2 episode and they reached the part where
_____Emma ____dies
and I misty'ed up a little (which is saying a lot since I barely even get teary-eyed).

Can't believe it's still so effective to this day.

croten

Mmm I'm the same way. I was watching Giant Bomb's latest MGS2 episode and they reached the part where
Emma dies
and I misty'ed up a little (which is saying a lot since I barely even get teary-eyed).

Can't believe it's still so effective to this day.

Have you played MGS3? That one takes the cake.

Is that why you love romances?

Yeah kind of..since I really have no way of having an enjoyable relationship in the foreseeable future romance animus give me that cheap high and make me feel. Plus I mean..I love you guys too..but not enough to do butt stuff.

Again, he didn't have a lot of gameplay gripes. Mostly just the bosses, I still don't understand how that giant monster thing is supposed to be stealthed.

Super late. But at the beginning of the chapter crouch down and observe that fucker. A tailed eye pops and looks around for Sebastian while it remains completely still. That's a prime opportunity to chuck a grenade at it or blind it by the light of a flash bolt, the latter knocks it to the ground with enough time to shoot an explosive or harpoon bolt. Then you go right back to hiding and wait for it stick out it's eye.

The fucked up thing is that if you place a trap like an explosive bolt anywhere and it hits the creature, it immediately knows where you are. You can only stealth attack it while the eye is out.

Zenfalcia

Yeah kind of..since I really have no way of having an enjoyable relationship in the foreseeable future romance animus give me that cheap high and make me feel. Plus I mean..I love you guys too..but not enough to do butt stuff.

Yep.. sounds like me.. cheap yet lovable high of seeing two characters fall in love with each other. Hnnng..

side note: You know you should try to keep the user name when you quote them. It makes it easier to see who replied to them.
and then /quote. If you already knew this, forget i said anything.

croten

Super late. But at the beginning of the chapter crouch down and observe that fucker. A tailed eye pops and looks around for Sebastian while it remains completely still. That's a prime opportunity to chuck a grenade at it or blind it by the light of a flash bolt, the latter knocks it to the ground with enough time to shoot an explosive or harpoon bolt. Then you go right back to hiding and wait for it stick out it's eye.

The fucked up thing is that if you place a trap like an explosive bolt anywhere and it hits the creature, it immediately knows where you are. You can only stealth attack it while the eye is out.

I meant how were people supposed to know that, he showed no signs of that before the encounter.

Yep.. sounds like me.. cheap yet lovable high of seeing two characters fall in love with each other. Hnnng..

side note: You know you should try to keep the user name when you quote them. It makes it easier to see who replied to them and then /quote. If you already knew this, forget i said anything.

Ooh..my bad I knew about it, just forget to do it lol.

We are kindred spirits you and I..I just need to get off of Plague's Farm soon.

croten

side note: You know you should try to keep the user name when you quote them. It makes it easier to see who replied to them.

Ooh..my bad I knew about it, just forget to do it lol.

We are kindred spirits you and I..I just need to get off of Plague's Farm soon.

You're, ah, not good at this, are you?

You're, ah, not good at this, are you?

I'm fuckin up super hard man. I'll go back and edit it lol. Plus I'm really tired so that isn't helping.
The shoujo/romance crack is too strong. I need my daily dose to keep me alive and not souless.

What's cthulu doing in plauge's farm?

Living in the attic with the skeleton of the Youtube Ad Revenue Manager.

I meant how were people supposed to know that, he showed no signs of that before the encounter.

The very first the creature does is poop out that eye stalk and not do anything. The encounter starts off with you hidden in a game where hiding is really useful. It's a terrible boss fight, but it gives you the circumstances in which to observe how the creature acts when it's not chasing you down.

demidar

Have you played MGS3? That one takes the cake.

I have buuuuut I don't remember anything that made me super sad.

Yeah, I know what you mean, though I had the same reaction at a certain other MGS related death, namely (MGS1 spoilers)
Sniper Wolf's death
. Also a certain other MGS3 thing...

I didn't have the same reaction to that MGS1 death. The reason why the MGS2 one affected me so much was
Otacon's reactions, particularly in the elevator. It's different than most other deaths because Otacon isn't a hardened soldier or anything and he's just letting it all out. Also that superbro handshake afterwards helped. Snake and Otacon has the best bromance in video games

croten

I'm fuckin up super hard man. I'll go back and edit it lol. Plus I'm really tired so that isn't helping.

Living in the attic with the skeleton of the Youtube Ad Revenue Manager.

Here is a tip, if you want to quote multiple people click the plus symbol next to their name and if you want to edit in a quote just open a quote in a new page and copy and past it into the edit.
I have buuuuut I don't remember anything that made me super sad.

I didn't have the same reaction to that MGS1 death. The reason why the MGS2 one affected me so much was
Otacon's reactions, particularly in the elevator. It's different than most other deaths because Otacon isn't a hardened soldier or anything

The Boss
? No? You felt nothing from that?

Zenfalcia

Last chance to vote for what bestgaf sings for a holiday song.. because it's a week from christmas, and hopefully that's enough time to get everything done..

Worst case, it'll come out later. Quote to reveal.

croten

Last chance to vote for what bestgaf sings for a holiday song.. because it's a week from christmas, and hopefully that's enough time to get everything done..

Worst case, it'll come out later. Quote to reveal.

Ha!, it took like three weeks to edit the first one let alone record it.

Ground Zeroes is looking to be a rather fantastic port. It runs pretty well on my shitty 6670 and I wasn't expecting that. Can't wait to really push it with my 970 when I get it next week.

Finished Stardust Crusaders episode 1
Joseph's stand
is so stupid. I love it. So I'm guessing Jotaro is going to be this way throughout the entire first part?

ISN'T THAT OLD BASTARD THE BEST!?

And yeah, pretty much. His shtick can be amusing at times but overall I don't care for him. The shining star of Stardust Crusaders is
Polnareff
and I don't think anyone will disagree.

croten

Finished Stardust Crusaders episode 1
Joseph's stand
is so stupid. I love it. So I'm guessing Jotaro is going to be this way throughout the entire first part?

You mean silent cool guy that is really tough and also a bit of an asshole?
Seriously don't call your mum a bitch.
Yeah

Yeah it's gonna be hard to get all the voice clips in by then.. oh well.

No worries, i can edit it in a few days if i put enough effort into it or not sleep.. :L

Good luck to you sir.

I was not expecting Ground Zeroes to be that cheap (though I should have, since Rising was the same situation), awesome.

Both of them are just sitting there..mocking me with their god damn low prices!

Zenfalcia

Well he was the best when he was
young
, so this didn't surprise me.
Eh, I like badass characters, but there has to be more to it then "LOOK AT THIS BADASS MOTHERFUCKER! ORAORAORAORAORA"

He's more an asshole than he's tough right now. Also yeah, that kind of bugs me. Stop being such a shit Jotaro!

Yeah, he was!

That's the point, he's being a tsundere to his mom and also trying to be rebelious

croten

Well he was the best when he was
young
, so this didn't surprise me.
Eh, I like badass characters, but there has to be more to it then "LOOK AT THIS BADASS MOTHERFUCKER! ORAORAORAORAORA"

He's more an asshole than he's tough right now. Also yeah, that kind of bugs me. Stop being such a shit Jotaro!

The relationship he has with his mum is odd, she's okay with it so I guess there isn't a problem...

Xiraiya

Ground Zeroes is looking to be a rather fantastic port. It runs pretty well on my shitty 6670 and I wasn't expecting that. Can't wait to really push it with my 970 when I get it next week.

I could just feel it was going to be a good Port, partly because METAL GEAR RISING runs maxed out for me at like 50/60 frames on my PC as well, with all the talk of the Fox Engine's features and what not, it sounded like it would be just fine on PC.

grimmiq

Spent like $250 last winter sale..heavily limiting myself this year..$140 of games I'm trying to get under $50..

DMC3 @ $5 is tempting, but it expires end of sale so hoping it goes lower. I do like how the Store shows your wishlist and all the discounts/prices..don't recall that being there before.

croten

Spent like $250 last winter sale..heavily limiting myself this year..$140 of games I'm trying to get under $50..

DMC3 @ $5 is tempting, but it expires end of sale so hoping it goes lower.

Stopping you right there! Do not buy that game. It doesn't work. DMC3 is by far the worst PC port ever made. Saints Row 2, Dark Souls, Deadly Premonition, FFXIII? none of them hold a candle to how bad DMC 3 is. It's a waste of money.

grimmiq

Stopping you right there! Do not buy that game. It doesn't work. DMC3 is by far the worst PC port ever made. Saints Row 2, Dark Souls, Deadly Premonition, FFXIII? none of them hold a candle to how bad DMC 3 is. It's a waste of money.

Really? Shit..thanks for the headsup..Heard FFXIII was a decent port from a few people, though that might be with some mods like DS..

ultimax

What happened to the dark souls PC port?

grimmiq

FFXIII-2 maybe but XIII was locked to 720p and had no graphical options as well as piss poor optimization

Ahh ok, yeah I heard a few mods were out to increase graphical quality and SE are apparently doing something themselves to give options.

joe2187

Banned
Madoka Eps 12

tumblr_m83h9fkeFU1rbuhr4o1_500.gif

tumblr_n397snkeBt1s0t6o2o2_500.gif

tumblr_inline_n6n2dxa3nb1qfo9ju.gif

tumblr_loa8s68rcy1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

Top Bottom