• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

This is exactly correct. I think Stand Proud fits Part 3's tone too.

Fitting the tone of a series is something anime fucks up a lot, Naruto did this for most of the entire first series then just went into random songs and it suffered a lot for it.

The best one in awhile is Kuroko no Basket, and yeah, I know, eye roll at me shilling this again, but the openings really fit with the arc of the series as each one happens and it's really cool to look back at.

As someone who played the Wii version. I hope this happens eventually.
Best girl
Jesus Christ she's horrible pls play anyone else.
Sorta-kinda. He's not exactly static, but he doesn't really change either. You will likely like him more as the show goes on, but he's not Joseph.
This is exactly correct. I think Stand Proud fits Part 3's tone too.

Those quick time events in the Wii version...woof

Also I want them to play good games please

joe2187

Banned
you spurred me to finish the series today, I watched up to episode 9 a couple days ago and have been putting it off. I got spoiled on the comparisons to
eva
and it has made the show very predictabo up to this part but it really is nothing like I expected it to be just looking from the outside

DO IT.

Eps 10 is a kick in the balls.

That seems to be the general consensus among smart people.

Roundabout is a million times better than the Stardust ending though.
Of course Roundabout is GOAT, but Walk Like an Egyptian is fucking hilarious and perfect. Araki loves Western music (hence every stand name after Part 3), so it's great they got to put that in.

croten

Fitting the tone of a series is something anime fucks up a lot, Naruto did this for most of the entire first series then just went into random songs and it suffered a lot for it.

The best one in awhile is Kuroko no Basket, and yeah, I know, eye roll at me shilling this again, but the openings really fit with the arc of the series as each one happens and it's really cool to look back at.

I swear I will watch that before season 3 comes out... at some point....

Of course Roundabout is GOAT, but Walk Like an Egyptian is fucking hilarious and perfect. Araki loves Western music (hence every stand name after Part 3), so it's great they got to put that in.

I got spoiled on a bunch of stand names a few days ago and busted up laughing at "
Notorious B.I.G.
"

Did pat get more souls lore wrong? I thought the black knights became black because they went with gwyn to reignite the first flame and got chared when he reignited it. Pat says they became black cause gwyn started a war with the chaos.

Oh it definitely fits the theme and Roundabout would have honestly felt weird in Stardust. Just as a song I prefer it so much more than Walk.

Did pat get more souls lore wrong? I thought the black knights became black because they went with gwyn to reignite the first flame and got chared when he reignited it. Pat says they became black cause gwyn started a war with the chaos.

Souls lore is kind of its own beast where you're left to interpret it how you wish. There's very few things that are really set in stone as to what the truth actually is.

It's not exactly clear. My personal theory is that the Black Knights scattered around are the sentient remains of the Silver Knights that went to fight the Chaos, and the Ghosts of the Black Knights are the ones who were immolated by Gywn lighting the Kiln.

I hate going into shows or characters with expectations. Always feel left out when I end up not liking it or hating it as much as others do.

Yeah, it's the problem with trying to get people to watch something, you gotta sell them, but selling them could easily ruin the experience. There's no really good way to go about it and you just have to hope they'll watch it.

I swear I will watch that before season 3 comes out... at some point....

Contrary to my above statement, I've shilled Kuroko super hard, but don't go in expecting the world, expect fucking Basketball. Because it's just Basketball with some crazy.

Did someone say Naruto OPs?
I wanna say Ippo and Fullmetal Alchemist are a few shows that did an ok job of fitting the tone of the show, but they ain't got shit on Sono.
I got spoiled on a bunch of stand names a few days ago and busted up laughing at "
Notorious B.I.G.
"
Dude you wouldn't believe how good it gets. The powerset attached to them often makes it even funnier.

Archgan

This might change over time as I'm just starting Stardust Crusaders, but when it comes to the songs (Not taking the actual OP into account) ...

Sono Chi No Sadame > Bloody Stream > Stand Proud
They're all three fantastic song though.

^this
I think the animation part of Bloody Stream is hands downs the best but Sono Chi No Sadame's actual song is great. Not only is the "JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJOOO" part great, but I really like the chanting of "Jojo" in the background.

Contrary to my above statement, I've shilled Kuroko super hard, but don't go in expecting the world, expect fucking Basketball. Because it's just Basketball with some crazy.

Yea I kinda went in expecting Jojo meets basketball from some of the gifs I seen and it's just like..basketball with some anime things thrown in..still good though.

Most of the crazy is from Part 2. It's a slow build but it's still all set in Basketball.

Ahh gotcha I'll probably go through it tonight once I watch Madoka Movie 3

P.S. I got gud at the Neogaf

The best things about Naruto were the music and OPs/EDs. Man were they good (in part one).
I could just rewatch the OPs and enjoy the story better than watching the actual anime.

FMA does it great aswell, and Bokurano had the perfect songs.

The best things about Naruto were the music and OPs/EDs. Man were they good (in part one).
I could just rewatch the OPs and enjoy the story better than watching the actual anime.

That's how it is with D.Gray-Man. The openings tell the story better than the series, all of them are fucking great too. Shame about D.Gray-Man being unadulterated garbage now, though.

Top Bottom