• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Stopping you right there! Do not buy that game. It doesn't work. DMC3 is by far the worst PC port ever made. Saints Row 2, Dark Souls, Deadly Premonition, FFXIII? none of them hold a candle to how bad DMC 3 is. It's a waste of money.

Just a little correction. Saint's Row 2 runs worse the better your computer is. That's pretty disgraceful.

Granted DMC3 is a massive CPU sink, and is extremely unplayable, without fixes, and even with them is still rough.

I didn't know the port itself was bad lol. Was it worse than the consoles or something?
It was the exact same as the console version.

I didn't know the port itself was bad lol. Was it worse than the consoles or something?

The PC port without DSfix is nearly unplayable. If you don't mind the occasional frame-rate drop in Blighttown and playing at 30 fps then consoles are the way to go. Without DSfix though that port is fucking atrocious.

Madoka Eps 12

tumblr_mzrmk8DHWy1r182vto1_400.gif

Xiraiya

A bad port in a nutshell will give you ass looking games requiring way more hardware than is actually logical.

Think of it like this, PS2 and Gamecube had like only a few hundred mhz in CPU power and very little ram, like astonishingly low amounts (PS2 had 32MB). Now to put that into perspective, even with 4GB of ram and 2.7GHZ Processor, if you were to use something like an emulator to run a PS2 or Gamecube game, despite the sheer difference in power, the odds are it's going to run like shit and be at 15 frames in slow motion for you and that's if it starts at all.

That's just a natural side effect of trying to run on hardware a game wasn't built for.
And this is why you see sometimes officially ported games (I'm looking at you Ultimate Ninja Storm 3) run like shit on hardware that is technically superior to the console in every way, just because CPUs and Video Card and all that stuff work wildly different in a console than a PC.

Generally this is all because a game was built with consoles in mind, on an engine geared specifically for consoles, and then later they have to go back and open up the game and change things around so that it will work on PC, but to port it properly at that point they would essentially have to redo the entire game at the engine level, so they get it running and hope everything else will work it's self out.

Kojima is a pretty clever guy, it seems like the Fox engine was built for all platforms in mind, I mean all the preview stuff was running on PC to begin with, so it's a PC built engine, hence the requirements to run GZ etc. are going to be on par with what they should be.

I don't think RISING used the Fox Engine, but whatever it was using when Konami had it, or if maybe Platinum ported it to a new engine suitable for them, then they were using something that could transition to PC easily.

croten

This might change over time as I'm just starting Stardust Crusaders, but when it comes to the songs (Not taking the actual OP into account) ...

Sono Chi No Sadame > Bloody Stream > Stand Proud
They're all three fantastic song though.

I would swap Bloody Stream and Sono Chi but I can't fault your choices

This might change over time as I'm just starting Stardust Crusaders, but when it comes to the songs (Not taking the actual OP into account) ...

I feel Stand Proud is the weakest by far. Still an awesome OP, but nowhere near the other two.

Bloody Stream da bess

croten

I can understand that, but the actual "Sono Chi No Sadame! JOOOO JO!" moment gives me a certain feeling that the other songs can't replicate. Hell, they even used it at the end of part 2.

I agree but I think Bloody stream is better as a whole which is why I rank it slightly higher

I can understand that, but the actual "Sono Chi No Sadame! JOOOO JO!" moment gives me a certain feeling that the other songs can't replicate. Hell, they even used it at the end of part 2.

I like Sono as the OP to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure the most, as a regular opening and song I like Bloody, then Stand is behind both somewhere.

What a fucking rollercoaster. I went in with low expectations and no prior knowledge other than the shilling of Liam and what I got was something I wasnt prepared for in the slightest.

So yeah, I'd say it was pretty damn good.

Glad you liked it. Do you now see why we said that people should just watch Madoka instead of waiting to be sold on it?

croten

I like Sono as the OP to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure the most, as a regular opening and song I like Bloody, then Stand is behind both somewhere.

Glad you liked it. Do you now see why we said that people should just watch Madoka instead of waiting to be sold on it?

To be fair I think it was sold to some people as soon as it was compared to Eva

What a fucking rollercoaster. I went in with low expectations and no prior knowledge other than the shilling of Liam and what I got was something I wasnt prepared for in the slightest.

So yeah, I'd say it was pretty damn good.

you spurred me to finish the series today, I watched up to episode 9 a couple days ago and have been putting it off. I got spoiled on the comparisons to
eva
and it has made the show very predictabo up to this part but it really is nothing like I expected it to be just looking from the outside

To be fair I think it was sold to some people as soon as it was compared to Eva

Yeah, but ideally people should just watch it without any idea what is going to happen or what direction it might take. Still, even going in with that it's still a great ride that can't really be described and is better to just witness first hand.

Is that so? Why do you like Sono's OP better than bloody? Not that I necessarily disagree, but I'm just curious.

I like Sono is the OP for the anime JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, it's the most fitting and in line with the tone and feeling of the series as a whole. That being said, I still like Bloody as a general opening and song more, mainly because it's easier to just listen to and the art in the opening is amazing, just less fitting to JoJo's than Sono.

That seems to be the general consensus among smart people.

Roundabout is a million times better than the Stardust ending though.

In my heart of hearts, I hope the next LP is Spiderman 3. What better time than now??
As someone who played the Wii version. I hope this happens eventually.
tumblr_m04a9gwhBb1qjsel6.jpg

Too lewd?
Best girl
I've only finished Shizune's route, she's best girl so far.
Jesus Christ she's horrible pls play anyone else.
Finished Stardust Crusaders episode 1
Joseph's stand
is so stupid. I love it. So I'm guessing Jotaro is going to be this way throughout the entire first part?
Sorta-kinda. He's not exactly static, but he doesn't really change either. You will likely like him more as the show goes on, but he's not Joseph.
I like Sono is the OP for the anime JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, it's the most fitting and in line with the tone and feeling of the series as a whole. That being said, I still like Bloody as a general opening and song more, mainly because it's easier to just listen to and the art in the opening is amazing, just less fitting to JoJo's than Sono.
This is exactly correct. I think Stand Proud fits Part 3's tone too.

Top Bottom