• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

mike0dude

This is the LP we deserve
ReBoot_Cover.jpg

To continue ranting, they already did the opening of Silent Hill 3 for the first shitstorm, and I really think that games ups and downs would be way more interesting than the quiet brooding greatness of 2. 4 would be the same, along with 1.

2 is just way too serious and subtle. /rant

Zenfalcia

To continue ranting, they already did the opening of Silent Hill 3 for the first shitstorm, and I really think that games ups and downs would be way more interesting than the quiet brooding greatness of 2. 4 would be the same, along with 1.

2 is just way too serious and subtle. /rant

To make it even better they should play the HD version of it with the new voice actors ;)

Zenfalcia

Classic anime is your only real option, which is a shame considering the number of episodes and how few of them matter. It really needs a reboot, many fantastic anime from the time do.

There's also the option of the movie, but too much is cut which ruins the tone of the series.

In general I hate blind LPs from anyone. Rarely is anyone a good enough player to play through a game well on their first go through while trying to be entertaining.

I wouldn't mind if it's blind; I'm not really looking for skill or to learn something.

I just want to be entertained and I think it's harder for people to be entertaining when they're struggling to do something. That is, unless it's the ironic enjoyment like DSP. But I really don't want to watch SBF to get DSP enjoyment.

Obviously this is always a matter of opinion, but generally the Best Friends have stuck to one person knowing what their doing while guiding the other. Since nobody is going to guide Pat through the game, and Liam seems out of the question, I guess, what I'd actually like is for the one person blind, other person informed, style to continue.

DS2's fault is that Woolie was garbage for 70 parts, but the way it is now is great.

Obviously this is always a matter of opinion, but generally the Best Friends have stuck to one person knowing what their doing while guiding the other. Since nobody is going to guide Pat through the game, and Liam seems out of the question, I guess, what I'd actually like is for the one person blind, other person informed, style to continue.

DS2's fault is that Woolie was garbage for 70 parts, but the way it is now is great.

I agree with you that Woolie indeed got gud..even if it took him the whole LP.

That dynamic is part of why I like Downcoming so much. The person who knows what's up is able to talk freely and the other person can give a mostly blind playthrough without anything stopping the forward movement.

DS2 is also just an insanely long game on top of Woolie not being the best. Actually, I'd say Woolie was mostly average for his first souls game, it's just that the game itself is very long, like I said.

Top Bottom