• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

MormaPope

Banned
I just want to be entertained and I think it's harder for people to be entertaining when they're struggling to do something. That is, unless it's the ironic enjoyment like DSP. But I really don't want to watch SBF to get DSP enjoyment.

That event happens depending on the game entirely.

That event happens depending on the game entirely.

Even if the game is easy, figuring out where to go next or any of what to do on the fly makes it at least a little harder to talk casually or joke. Of course there are games suited to blind LPs and I have no idea how Pat is at Souls games so it's all up in the air, but 90% of the time blind is a bad idea.

Zenfalcia

Side note: i finished gekkan shoujo.. hnngg that ending/last episode..

I do as well. It's interesting seeing how others first play the game and how do they react to the current situation.

But too many of them are not good. It's better if one is super uninformed for at least one person's reactions rather than blindly fumbling around.
Oh didn't realize you were counting those.

I like blind Lps when I don't know the game either. If I do then a part of me does try to back seat game sadly.

Yep, they count as unfinished Lps.
They will be doing it blind silly!

Considering how much Pat hypes it up, I hope the play Ghost Song

i guess...

It would be cool.

I agree with you that Woolie indeed got gud..even if it took him the whole LP.
I think he should've just spent some time in the hyperbolic time chamber and trained up. Now that he's somewhat competent he can actually interact and commentate and Pat doesn't have to micromanage him.
That dynamic is part of why I like Downcoming so much. The person who knows what's up is able to talk freely and the other person can give a mostly blind playthrough without anything stopping the forward movement.

DS2 is also just an insanely long game on top of Woolie not being the best. Actually, I'd say Woolie was mostly average for his first souls game, it's just that the game itself is very long, like I said.
Maybe Bloodborne would just be RE2 style, and Matt's just hanging out while Pat plays the game again, maybe with a different build than his first runs.

A blind LP doesn't mean that they are going to struggle with the game, nor not be entertaining. Bloodborne, for all intent, is a Souls game, and Pat knows his Souls, even if he's a little wrong about a couple of facts. It should be fine.

I think he should've just spent some time in the hyperbolic time chamber and trained up. Now that he's somewhat competent he can actually interact and commentate and Pat doesn't have to micromanage him.

I kind of hope Pat lets Woolie leave the nest and one day we get a solo Woolie DaS playthrough.

I kind of hope Pat lets Woolie leave the nest and one day we get a solo Woolie DaS playthrough.
I'd love for them to tackle Dark 1 and Demons eventually, but I'd be lying if I didn't think we need a nice break, and I still wanna hear Pat sploosh about the game, so I hope he's there.
Woot, finally finishing golden time.
teamkoko vs team linda who will win?
I wish it wasn't so obvious throughout the whole show

I'd love for them to tackle Dark 1 and Demons eventually, but I'd be lying if I didn't think we need a nice break, and I still wanna hear Pat sploosh about the game, so I hope he's there.

I wish it wasn't so obvious throughout the whole show

Oh I agree that the Souls LP's need a good 4 or 5 month vacation. I just wanna see Woolie take what he learned in DS2 and apply it in DS1..and learn how to parry..that will be fun to watch.

Side note: i finished gekkan shoujo.. hnngg that ending/last episode..

But too many of them are not good. It's better if one is super uninformed for at least one person's reactions rather than blindly fumbling around.

Yep, they count as unfinished Lps.

i guess...

It would be cool.

Nozaki x Sakura 5 ever.

Holy shit these assholes from the power company were like "yeah power's getting cut in 30" like an hour ago. MOTHER FUCKERS I GOT GAMES TO PLAY AND VIDEOS TO WATCH DON'T BE STALLING MY SHIT

EDIT: Fucking of course they'd cut it AS I POST THIS

Dat blade runner hype!
Holy shit these assholes from the power company were like "yeah power's getting cut in 30" like an hour ago. MOTHER FUCKERS I GOT GAMES TO PLAY AND VIDEOS TO WATCH DON'T BE STALLING MY SHIT

bye-b.gif

We gonna miss you

Zenfalcia

Rip in peace brotha.. i hope you got the liam or portable games to play during that time.
Well I'm off to watch this now since you guys make it sound amazing..later~

Do the thing and watch the anime and post at the same time.

Oh I agree that the Souls LP's need a good 4 or 5 month vacation. I just wanna see Woolie take what he learned in DS2 and apply it in DS1..and learn how to parry..that will be fun to watch.
Definitely.

Aw dude, that's bullshit. Do you have handhelds and shit?

JoJo94

Jojo I just watched the Todd in the shadows video...

Taylor Swift's on her A
(serial killer)
game.

Oh my God!

Yeah, she's finally gone crazy...
was actually impressed she was describing herself in the song...until she said it was a joke...still a boring song to me either way though.

Do the thing and watch the anime and post at the same time.
Hm..fine I'll probably just post in between episodes.

P.S. Loving this OP probably won't start skipping through it after 5 or 6 episodes like I do with most animes.
Definitely.

That first black knight encounter though..and now would be a great time to bust out a 3DS and cause bodily harm to yourself with Kid Icarus.

:( why are they cutting out?
Some power line got busted because of a storm and they gotta fix it
Rip in peace brotha.. i hope you got the liam or portable games to play during that time.

Yeah I got enough stuff. I'm gonna be writing a secret thing though. If I finish that I got the Ashley story to write as well
I got a game you could play
Pffffhehehe

Zenfalcia

Due to pure laziness. New avatar i had in my backlog. It's impoosible to see how it's lewd and how it's katawa shoujo related.

Hm..fine I'll probably just post in between episodes.

P.S. Loving this OP probably won't start skipping through it after 5 or 6 episodes like I do with most animes.
Or have both open side by side.

It's quite good, but you could skip it in the interest of time.

Yeah I got enough stuff. I'm gonna be writing a secret thing though. If I finish that I got the Ashley story to write as well

Pffffhehehe

That's good. Secret thing huh? Do tell ;)

Man that sucks. If it ever snows where I live I'm almost guaranteed that I'll be out of power.

It'll be hard writing a thing by candlelight/phone.

Due to pure laziness. New avatar i had in my backlog. It's impoosible to see how it's lewd and how it's katawa shoujo related.

Or have both open side by side.

It's quite good, but you could skip it in the interest of time.

I know exactly how that is lewd and KS related..;)

I suppose you're right, I'm not used to watching Anime at my laptop..normally watch it on my 32'.

That's good. Secret thing huh? Do tell ;)
If you remember me talking about setting up a certain thing the day after Christmas I'm sure you'll know
Man that sucks. If it ever snows where I live I'm almost guaranteed that I'll be out of power.

It'll be hard writing a thing by candlelight/phone.
Does that happen often? Also gotta roll like a real OG son.

but for real my laptop was charged

Do you? ;)

I usually scrub it out on my laptop or phone and usually watching it on low quality.

I do ;) I won't spoil the secret though..

That's no way to watch the animus man! If you have your own tv with an hdmi input its wayy better watching it in glorious 720p...(my internet can't handle 1080...</3)

This tandem bike scene oh my fucking god im dying

Zenfalcia

If you remember me talking about setting up a certain thing the day after Christmas I'm sure you'll know

Yes, the thing you were going to do after christmas, that thing that is super secret. That after christmas thing.

i don't remember ;_; vidya games related? Maybe?

Every 2-3 years.
I forgot about laptops... My batteries on mine are garbage now.
That's not terrible, still pretty bad though. That reminds me of Pat's story about his neighbors leaving and their power coming back right away while his family had to be hard asses. And yeah, that happened to mine too. It's what happens when you leave it charging to much. That's why I only charge it once a day and leave it out the rest of the day
Yes, the thing you were going to do after christmas, that thing that is super secret. That after christmas thing.

i don't remember ;_; vidya games related? Maybe?
You remembered super well, good job!

Yeah the Ultimax/Smash double brackets with small prizes and shit

Zenfalcia

I do ;) I won't spoil the secret though..

That's no way to watch the animus man! If you have your own tv with an hdmi input its wayy better watching it in glorious 720p...(my internet can't handle 1080...</3)

There's not much to reveal..

It's fine! 480p is fine! Even stretched out on a tv/laptop. 1080p is for the high class and the best series, like sword art online!

There's not much to reveal..

It's fine! 480p is fine! Even stretched out on a tv/laptop. 1080p is for the high class and the best series, like sword art online!
There's enough to reveal.. <.< I'm used to my sound system too..it feels so primitive at my laptop. Listening to Roundabout through my Stereo system those bass lines..mmmm...FUCK SWORD ART ONLINE THAT SHIT DESERVES 144P

Top Bottom