• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

360pages

Yo question(s), I'm currently making my way through my backlog, finished Shadow Warrior a couple hours ago and I dunno where to go next

for PS4 either Alien: Isolation or Sleeping Dogs

and 3DS after I'm done with Pokemon either Persona Q or FE: Awakening

suggestions?

Persona Q will last you the longest, Persona Q is very gameplay heavy though. No Social links, just nice character moments pushing along the story through gameplay.

I dunno, he's not a stupid guy. Maybe a little bit crazy, but not stupid.

How much overlap is there between drinkers and anime fans?

We have a maid cafe in NY. It's the weirdest thing ever and the bakery suuuuuuuuuucks.

That place seems to draw tourists though. Could an anime strip club draw tourists?

A decent amount. I'm one of them.

Xiraiya

Yo question(s), I'm currently making my way through my backlog, finished Shadow Warrior a couple hours ago and I dunno where to go next
suggestions?

Well Alien and Sleeping dogs is a pretty touch choice, do you want to play Last Of Us in space, or GTA: China?

Emouse

do you already own sleepy dogs on PS4? I have not heard good things about the port. maybe it has been fixed since release

I do yeah, I only played a couple of hours and had no issues from what I remember, I've been getting a few updates for it since release though so maybe they fixed some stuff

suggestions?

Isolation

360pages

You don't beat a Rosalina, you just do good enough that the other player stops trying.

Seriously worst character ever, she has all the perks of the Ice Climbers, but without the risk of losing recovery and her partner comes back in 15 seconds

I do yeah, I only played a couple of hours and had no issues from what I remember, I've been getting a few updates for it since release though so maybe they fixed some stuff

yeah I could have sworn I heard about a bunch of issues with the rerelease but I can't seem to find any news/threads about them. Weird, I must have made it up

croten

Tharja is a really interesting character, she's just a terrible, terrible person. When you marry her off to someone, she performs experiments on her husband and child. The fuck.

lol No, she's around the same age as Chrom. Though Lucina x Robin isn't too good from a gameplay perspective either.

You sure?
She was a baby in the main game correct? A newborn. The events in the future take place over 10 years. I'm a bit skeptical that they would say 10 years if it were 18 years in the future, assuming Lucina is 18.

You sure?
She was a baby in the main game correct? A newborn. The events in the future take place over 10 years. I'm a bit skeptical that they would say 10 years if it were 18 years in the future, assuming Lucina is 18.

ehhh just slap a sticker on her that says she is a 1000 year old dragon, It's Finnneeee

You don't beat a Rosalina, you just do good enough that the other player stops trying.

Seriously worst character ever, she has all the perks of the Ice Climbers, but without the risk of losing recovery and her partner comes back in 15 seconds

She isn't that strong, only against people who don't know the match up (which applies to every non-traditional fighter).

Diddy is the one bordering on too strong, but he isn't OP either.

360pages

This episode of Scrub Lords is going to be super Jarring since I just saw the gaming brits review of the game a few days ago.

Xiraiya

IWbOdS.gif

Emouse

Sleeping Puggles and Awakening. Both are more relaxing than the other

Sleeping Doges, because fuck dogeyes!

Persona Q will last you the longest, Persona Q is very gameplay heavy though. No Social links, just nice character moments pushing along the story through gameplay.

Maybe I'll go SD & FE:A then, my only issue is that I don't want to rush through FE to get to PQ but hey there's nothing new out till at least January so I've got time

yeah I could have sworn I heard about a bunch of issues with the rerelease but I can't seem to find any news/threads about them. Weird, I must have made it up

Huh weird, maybe there was, maybe there wasn't!

360pages

She isn't that strong, only against people who don't know the match up (which applies to every non-traditional fighter).

Diddy is the one bordering on too strong, but he isn't OP either.

The main problem is that when the match up is in her favor it's flat out impossible to win. DeDeDe has a hard time with her, and her normal aren't bad even without Luma. It doesn't help she is legit one of the least fun characters to fight against, even when compared to a Diddy Kong.

Jman014

You sure?

I always assumed the children characters were in their 20s like the parent characters.

360pages

Man sonic in smash is so fucking OP. I beat 6 of my mates by just spamming his homing forward B

He's good, his one problem is that he lacks a fast KO move.

Also, I said this before, but Meta Knight is better than I thought...still worse than I'd like. The nerf hit him the hardest.

Man sonic in smash is so fucking OP. I beat 6 of my mates by just spamming his homing forward B

Projectiles and a character with a counter should be good against sonic, unless you were doing 8 player smash then there's no advice to give to such a chaos

Anung

Un Rama
Projectiles and a character with a counter should be good against sonic, unless you were doing 8 player smash then there's no advice to give to such a chaos

8 player is indeed a shitstorm. We had a 8 player match on onette and it was fucking crazy!

The main problem is that when the match up is in her favor it's flat out impossible to win. DeDeDe has a hard time with her, and her normal aren't bad even without Luma. It doesn't help she is legit one of the least fun characters to fight against, even when compared to a Diddy Kong.

There are no impossible match ups in 4 just, as you said, 'not fun to fight against' match ups. I'm a Marth, I have my fair share of stupid up hill battles because of how horrible my moves lag, but that just means I have to play slow and steady.

You just need to be a better player than the person using Rosie. Patience and punishes are the key, you can't fight her like you fight Mario.

Top Bottom