• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Tako

I got all the gifts for my secret santa but I haven't sent it out yet. But I'll be shipping it this Saturday. I haven't forgotten. I feel bad man because I already received like 3 packages

Ironically my internet crapped out for awhile after that upload has just finished. Timing.
@goodwil The last time I clicked on a spoiler tag that had to do with KLK, I was spoiled to something. Is that an actual spoiler or nah? And the video is still being processed lol.
Nah, it's just a clip from the 2nd OP.

woof really? I barely scratched the surface with only 2 series finished out of 100. Not including games.. ;_;

Well, there are a lot of those that i've read.

Yea before I got on here basically all I've been doing on my break is watching Anime with some light gaming thrown in..I think I've gone through..idk..about 20 series all about 15-20 episodes a piece. Btw that sunset scene with the books..this anime is godlike.

I got all the gifts for my secret santa but I haven't sent it out yet. But I'll be shipping it this Saturday. I haven't forgotten. I feel bad man because I already received like 3 packages

I got my awesome figure but the thing I got Glitches isn't even shipping until the end of the month. It's unfortunate but there's nothing I could do, I was broke until today.

Zenfalcia

Yea before I got on here basically all I've been doing on my break is watching Anime with some light gaming thrown in..I think I've gone through..idk..about 20 series all about 15-20 episodes a piece. Btw that sunset scene with the books..this anime is godlike.

I've been watching 5 episodes average a day and finishing unfinished old series.. it's bad.

YEAH IT IS!

It's not that hard to
shoot guns and maybe drive cars?

I can't really defend that shit since I haven't actually watched it.

It's not easy to shoot guns, cars.. eh.. it depends..

Dude.. what are you doing? Why are you clicking the spoilers?!? Why!!??

Dude.. you keep using the avatars i plan to use ;_; are you using the boorus too? It would explain a lot if you did.
I'm a user of the boorus. They got the pictures I need.
She's definitely up there but not top tier.
This better be a deep tier list.
She's top tier.
3uT1paC.gif

Forgot I had a new game plus file saved in Shadow Tower Abyss. Played through that first level, and that game gives you a gold plated M1911 pistol with high durability and a shit ton of power. It's definitely not like the Souls' series version of NG+ where difficulty scales, but it's kinda nice to just decimate areas early in the game when you were weak and underpowered before hand. It's just something fun to mess around in. Environment design and atmosphere is still top notch though.

Man, I just want From to make a brand new first person dungeon crawler that's as unforgiving as this or King's Field, advertise it as "from the creators of Dark Souls" or some shit, and just see how many people would actually latch onto it.

Ironically my internet crapped out for awhile after that upload has just finished. Timing.
Nah, it's just a clip from the 2nd OP.

oh. I'll watch it now then

It was.. except it was also super dumb at times as the great demo D has shown us and from self observation. D:

Like when
inato shoots slain after he helps him fighting the fist mecha.. IT MADE NO SENSE, WHY IS THE WHOLE ARMY INCOMPOTENT? They didn't even explain why all the kids could drive or shoot guns.. EPISODE LIKE 5 HAS THE PRINCESS SHOOTING A GRENADE LAUNCHER AND THE LAST EPISODE HAS A LITTLE GIRL DRIVING A JEEP! gjdkbxhskmsn WHO? And WHY? ;_; i still like the series as dumb as it can be..

Oh its dumb, but still a lot of fun. Not every mech has to feel well thought out and intelligent.

If you mean fun to see other people suffered from watching it, then yeah, it was fun

If you wanna see suffering go watch gundam seed.

Zenfalcia

I'm a user of the boorus. They got the pictures I need.

Well then, we'll be poaching each other's material.. a lot more in the future.. the boorus are amazing.. now i have to step up my game and go into pixiv.
I'm gonna slow down quite a bit once I get my money though...can finally get in on L4D2/Skullgirls etc. Not used to playing games with other people <.<

There's a first for everything.
I've already watched the Demo review and was completely disgusted by it after the 5th or 6th episode.

Yeah.. BUT THE MUSIC IS SO GOOD! That and i have a thing for the princess' design and assets.. >_>

Well then, we'll be poaching each other's material.. a lot more in the future.. the boorus are amazing.. now i have to step up my game and go into pixiv.

There's a first for everything.

-quietly browses boorus while not poaching anything-

Having friends is great. I should have more friends, too bad there are no people where I live.

I also have a Pixiv account.

I'm not a fan of her almost non existent personality. If it doesn't have anything to do with her grandpa she sounds entirely uninterested.
Eh, that could be better, but I sorta like it. Bored sounding girls I can get around on.

Alfebit

Banned
Eh, that could be better, but I sorta like it. Bored sounding girls I can get around on.

I mean design wise, sure she's cute but I don't find bored sounding girls too interesting. Same reason why I'm not a fan of Hikage besides her design which I also think is great.

I'm not a fan of her almost non existent personality. If it doesn't have anything to do with her grandpa she sounds entirely uninterested.

She's classy as fuck. Her convictions are focused and she's a responsible leader, she maintains her own sense of righteousness....also I like the boring voice, think im into that.

I need to get some new friends too, all the ones I liked moved away.

I never really had friends, but that's just because I'm not very social..but in rural fucking Ohio you're lucky if you find someone who even knows what anime is..let alone discuss it.

It's fine! It's not like we'll all use the same ones each day!

It's fine! Internet friends are the new cool thang.

I mean..you guys are my friends right? <.< and I really hope this isn't too lewd..because i love that picture

Zenfalcia

At UT, I found a version that wasn't taken down.. i think this one is right. It's called aLIEz

My boy Slaine about to be the next Char Aznable

Ehh... Maybe.. that's if the ending of s1 is well.. a fake ending, if you know what i mean.

-quietly browses boorus while not poaching anything-

Having friends is great. I should have more friends, too bad there are no people where I live.
It's fine! It's not like we'll all use the same ones each day!

It's fine! Internet friends are the new cool thang.

I also have a Pixiv account.

We can collude on the avatar game ;) but that won't work since i'll go back to infrequent avatar changes in the future.

Zenfalcia

She's classy as fuck. Her convictions are focused and she's a responsible leader, she maintains her own sense of righteousness....also I like the boring voice, think im into that.

Well then, have you heard of an anime called hentai ouji aka perverted prince and the stoney cat? There's a bored sounding girl in that ;)

Edit: it's not dping if you're on a different page, right?

I never really had friends, but that's just because I'm not very social..but in rural fucking Ohio you're lucky if you find someone who even knows what anime is..let alone discuss it.

In Kerntucky I would've been happy to just talk about videogames with people. My only friend kinda turned into a crazy person by the time I was like 8 years old. So I understand what you mean by just having nobody around.

People don't know what anime is here, I just have to make them learn about it. I did have an extended conversation with a girl about Oreimo and Noragami once, but that's one in thousands.

And there's no such thing as not very social, I hadn't talked to anyone outside my family for 16 years due to being homeschooled and I'm a social butterfly today! You just have to force yourself to do it and you'll be happier for it! Remember that embarrassing yourself once to make a friend is better than not being embarrassed and having none.

Ehh... Maybe.. that's if the ending of s1 is well.. a fake ending, if you know what i mean.

Yeah, I'm scared the show won't take that direction, because I'd love to see a (Aldnoah zero spoilers
change in protagonist's halfway through a series. It's something we very rarely see in anime.

Zenfalcia

But Spooky will shut us down! :(

After Christmas is over, I'm probably going to go back to my, "Whatever Banana finds on the internet," avatar game.

It's fine if he doesn't find out ;)

Sure. Especially with the least effoet and cropping :p

I'm going to go with theme months.. perhaps.. not quite 1 avatar each day.. maybe once a week at most.

In Kerntucky I would've been happy to just talk about videogames with people. My only friend kinda turned into a crazy person by the time I was like 8 years old. So I understand what you mean by just having nobody around.

People don't know what anime is here, I just have to make them learn about it. I did have an extended conversation with a girl about Oreimo and Noragami once, but that's one in thousands.

And there's no such thing as not very social, I hadn't talked to anyone outside my family for 16 years due to being homeschooled and I'm a social butterfly today! You just have to force yourself to do it and you'll be happier for it! Remember that embarrassing yourself once to make a friend is better than not being embarrassed and having none.

Ah yes..Kentucky..I was there once..it smelt of fornication and whiskey..my uncle just moved to western Kentucky.

It's not so much me being embarrassed, if I have someone who I actually have something in common with then it's fine, but when I have nothing in common with them there is nothing to talk about and I become bored and seem like a dick. That's how a lot of my recent relationships ended.

Zenfalcia

Yeah, I'm scared the show won't take that direction, because I'd love to see a (Aldnoah zero spoilers
change in protagonist's halfway through a series. It's something we very rarely see in anime.

It seems that way from how the official art is showing everyone. I bet it's how it'll go..
Speaking of mecha, should I watch Cross Ange?

It's not really mecha.. If you like yuri and gorey fanservice and okay story, just go for it! Otherwise no.
loopholes!

Aw yeah!

Definitely will get the OST when it comes out.

Well.. it's already out in japan..

It's not so much me being embarrassed, if I have someone who I actually have something in common with then it's fine, but when I have nothing in common with them there is nothing to talk about and I become bored and seem like a dick. That's how a lot of my recent relationships ended.

Ah, yeah, that's the problem here. The only solution I've found is to fake a shared interest as best I can and try to get them into something I like while letting them get me into something they like. Even if you have to fake the whole thing for awhile, some real friendships can be born of being forced.

Obviously, hanging out with people you have stuff in common with is way better, but isolation can fuck people up and it's better to have someone to bullshit with. Even if you hate that person with all your guts.

Top Bottom