• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Ah, yeah, that's the problem here. The only solution I've found is to fake a shared interest as best I can and try to get them into something I like while letting them get me into something they like. Even if you have to fake the whole thing for awhile, some real friendships can be born of being forced.

Obviously, hanging out with people you have stuff in common with is way better, but isolation can fuck people up and it's better to have someone to bullshit with. Even if you hate that person with all your guts.

Well I mean I got you guys who are great by the way. I remember I dated a girl who was amazing..but then she tried to convert me to a Mormon..soo..yup..

Well, whatever works for you. And you're a great addition to the community. Things have become roughly 30% more moe since your arrival.

I wont stop until its..

NONSTOP INFINITE MOE

(Thanks <3)

P.S. Rea is best girl.

Well I mean I got you guys who are great by the way. I remember I dated a girl who was amazing..but then she tried to convert me to a Mormon..soo..yup..

Well, whatever works for you. And you're a great addition to the community. Things have become roughly 30% more moe since your arrival.

Rizzi

Hm, even with the game not running so much like hot garbage or falling through the world, I don't think AC Unity is a good game.

Zenfalcia

Aww yeah! Isn't the ending perfect!? I could not imagine a more fitting ending for the game. Also yeah, some effects would be lost due to the commentary.

So, gimme the details! Opinion on the game and characters, now that you've played it!?

Ah.. i wish he streamed more so we could judge him harshly at his bad skills cheer him on and give him hints!

Has it? I guess?

The moe will claim us all, and sooner or later, we'll be a idol group, singing the most adorable of music, and having the most totally platonic if you are not a total creeper of fun.

It'll be too fucking cute.

no-way.jpg

I won't be claimed by your moe ways. Team manime forever.

Aww yeah! Isn't the ending perfect!? I could not imagine a more fitting ending for the game. Also yeah, some effects would be lost due to the commentary.

So, gimme the details! Opinion on the game and characters, now that you've played it!?
Mainly, I really love how simple the actual storyline is, but how the emotions and motivations are all tied up and messy. Ellie as a character is almost insanely clever, and she comes off as charismatic(?). For every line of dialogue that feels slightly tilted though, there's 80 others that are amazing in delivery and wholly believable. Joel is a character that's obviously built up to be understood by the player, you're with him for each of the key moments leading up the finale, and by the time you have to save Ellie from David(I'm pretty sure that was the guy's name) you can tell her safety and companionship is all Joel cares about.

The ending though, I fucking love that it can have all been for nothing. I love that shit so much in fiction, fuck.

Non-spoiler question, I actually really like how this game plays, especially against infected over dudes, should I do a second playthrough on Survivor or Hard? I remember you advise against Grounded.

I think I'm gonna buy and read The Road soon too. Edit: And did you say you had a final today? Good luck on it (if I'm right)!

The moe will claim us all, and sooner or later, we'll be a idol group, singing the most adorable of music, and having the most totally platonic if you are not a total creeper of fun.

It'll be too fucking cute.

I am CthulhuSushi..first of his name and heir to House Lovecraft..soon to be Master and Lord of the Moe.

Zenfalcia

Non-spoiler question, I actually really like how this game plays, especially against infected over dudes, should I do a second playthrough on Survivor or Hard? I remember you advise against Grounded.

I think I'm gonna buy and read The Road soon too. Edit: And did you say you had a final today? Good luck on it (if I'm right)!

"You know, joel, we really are the last of us" ellie probably :p

Do the thing and play on the hardest difficulty. Stream it, so we can see your amazingness.

There's also a movie that you can watch if you want.

I had forgotten just how OP my gear in Shadow Tower Abyss was by the end of my first playthrough. Besides getting the golden pistol in NG+, I had carried over a big ass sword with low durability but massive attack power, and a ring that nullifies all status ailments in exchange for no magic spells. The latter of which became apparent to me when I entered the poison cavern areas and was not bombarded with poison and not losing health immediately. And that's not counting I already have certain pieces of gear that replenishes HP and MP over time.

New game plus is definitely a breeze in this game.

I can feel myself becoming moe, it's happening!
Do the thing and play on the hardest difficulty. Stream it, so we can see your amazingness.
I'd like to think I'm a bit better at the game now :p My internet is acting up tonight
, but I'll do it if you triple dog dare me

Oh. Also I really enjoyed that your sneak walk speed is actually pretty quick, and even the slightly held crouch isn't that slow, but your enemies are quick too, so it works out. It definitely feels responsive compared to other stealth games I've played, and hated.

Oh my gosh power's back. Never leave me again. Oh man I really hope electricity doesn't stop being a thing that exists any time soon or ever for that matter.

Zenfalcia

I will not object to the moefication of this thread, so long as I myself am spared.

I will gladly watch.

You'd only join if nukos are involved i bet.
I can feel myself becoming moe, it's happening!

I'd like to think I'm a bit better at the game now :p My internet is acting up tonight
, but I'll do it if you triple dog dare me

Oh. Also I really enjoyed that your sneak walk speed is actually pretty quick, and even the slightly held crouch isn't that slow, but your enemies are quick too, so it works out. It definitely feels responsive compared to other stealth games I've played, and hated.

Your simpson joke and moe matt avatar are quite the combo.

up to you, i have a backlog to go through too.

Well, sometimes it's really dumb when an enemy saw you or could see you and doesn't do anything..

Glad to hear you liked it! I could go into tons of details as to why I think this game is amazing, but I do indeed have exams in an hour, so there's no time =P (Thank you, by the way). Maybe some other time!
And I too like how the game plays. Can you play survivor without playing on hard? I don't remember, everything has meshed together a bit over time. However, yes, Survivor is as far as you should go if you're looking for higher difficulty. Grounded is more stupid and aggravating than it is genuinely difficult. If survivor proves to be too difficult as a second playthrough, feel free to lower it to hard. There's quite a jump in difficulty between the two.
Both the road movie and book are awesome, though TLOU did take quite a bit from these. Do note that they're not exactly happy-happy-joy-joy content.

Everyone is better than Zelda.
Zelda is basically Yukiko when you really think about it..and Yukiko is garbage.

Glad to hear you liked it! I could go into tons of details as to why I think this game is amazing, but I do indeed have exams in an hour, so there's no time =P (Thank you, by the way). Maybe some other time!
And I too like how the game plays. Can you play survivor without playing on hard? I don't remember, everything has meshed together a bit over time. However, yes, Survivor is as far as you should go if you're looking for higher difficulty. Grounded is more stupid and aggravating than it is genuinely difficult. If survivor proves to be too difficult as a second playthrough, feel free to lower it to hard. There's quite a jump in difficulty between the two.
Both the road movie and book are awesome, though TLOU did take quite a bit from these. Do note that they're not exactly happy-happy-joy-joy content.

I can play Survivor, at least in Remastered, and as for the bolded? I love it.
I quadruple dog dare you to stream it on the hardest difficulty.

Booting it up. We're doing the apparently bullshit Grounded mode.

^ YO that picture is sick. And my Xrd should be delivering in 12 hours, so I'll be game then.

Sorry man, personally I'm going to spend all my game time tomorrow practicing up my Ultimax so I don't embarass myself playing Shack.

Sure. I'm super not used to red roman cancels and the other mechanics yet, but I'll play some rounds. Whats the room?

Dude, I put 1 hour into this game so far, I need you to pick.

Zenfalcia

ultimax

I can play Survivor, at least in Remastered, and as for the bolded? I love it.

Booting it up. We're doing the apparently bullshit Grounded mode.
You're about to play grounded mode?

tumblr_mehnylZOJ71qcv9vp.gif

grounded isn't really that bad. I beat it without having too many problems

Top Bottom