• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Saw this cool piece of art on Tumblr.
tumblr_ngtyfnLBnp1qgbng7o1_1280.png

Source

D'aw that's super cool.
No, I actually haven't heard of the game nor ever seen the video. What's it about, the game I mean?

It's Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit, Heavy Rain, and Beyond Two Souls.
Heavy Rain is the best of the three IMO.

Are husbando wars also happening? I'll be a happy soldier then.

No, I actually haven't heard of the game nor ever seen the video. What's it about, the game I mean?

I don't think we've had a good husbando war in a while. Simon from Gurren, obv. Or Gamagori.

The Sadness Trilogy refers to the three David Kage games they "played". Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain, and Indigo Prophecy.

Alfebit

Banned
Yeah, that part.

I mean it was kinda obvious where they were going with that, but whoever wrote Varrick knew how to write a knucklehead on a whole new level that always kept you kinda guessing if he was serious or not.

Bolin as the guy marrying them was something I did not foresee and really enjoyed. Also everyone's dresswear was interesting.

Yeah,
Varrick is definitely a top tier character. When did Bolin get ordained?

Yeah, I thought their dresswear was nice.

NOW I'll shower.

Shackzam

It's Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, and Beyond Two souls playthroughs. They are all of David Cages master pieces. The combination of these playthroughs makes the sadness trilogy.

Kater

Banned
You don't need to do that,
Ah where are my manners! I almost forgot to ask you the standard Friender question:

What Waifu?
Favorite Anime
Favorite Game series
Favorite Series
Life or Hometown?
Have you read Prison school?

1) Husbando more like. Don't know who, that alway changes.
2) One Piece
3) Fallout
4) One Piece and Sherlock
5) Somewhere in Austria (not Australia)
6) What's Prison School?

This mother fucker wins everytime.
My favourite Husbando is a bird man, Nageki (Hatoful Boyfriend).

Most of us agree that Kanji is best persona husbando/waifu
I never played Persona but *get's ripped apart by Persona fans*

I don't think we've had a good husbando war in a while. Simon from Gurren, obv. Or Gamagori.

The Sadness Trilogy refers to the three David Kage games they "played". Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain, and Indigo Prophecy.

It's Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, and Beyond Two souls playthroughs. They are all of David Cages master pieces. The combination of these playthroughs makes the sadness trilogy.

Ah, themoreyouknow.jpg

They can, we just gotta start them.

best
Who is that. :(

Archgan

So I started watching Madoka yesterday and got up to episode 3.

You guys ruined me on the death because I knew it was supposed to get dark and I think someone posted that scene in here awhile ago. So as soon as they got close to the witch I was expecting things to go wrong. It's fine, though because I probably wouldn't have ever watched it if I didn't know some of that stuff ahead of time.

1) Husbando more like. Don't know who, that alway changes.
2) One Piece
3) Fallout
4) One Piece and Sherlock
5) Somewhere in Austria (not Australia)
6) What's Prison School?

My favourite Husbando is a bird man, Nageki (Hatoful Boyfriend).

I never played Persona but *get's ripped apart by Persona fans*

Ah, themoreyouknow.jpg

Who is that. :(
Dont worry even though basically all of us are persona fans its fine if you havent played it.

Yeah,
Varrick is definitely a top tier character. When did Bolin get ordained?

Yeah, I thought their dresswear was nice.

NOW I'll shower.

On the subject of the episode itself,
I thought thing were pretty well paced out. I'm still not entirely happy that Kuvira basically full Aizen. I don't know, I feel like there was a deeper character to her they could have made, and her rationale to conquering everything was just.. Eh. Was really hoping for some sweet ass spirit bending to take away her powers though.

The entire assault on the mech was really well done, and watching them fuck up the cannon arm was the best. Also the rampant abuse of the cannon firing sound effect was hilarious to me when it happened over and over.

What did the characters at the end, the ones when Korrasami walk into the portal, mean?

grimmiq

Wow..was hoping to wake up to a decent deal, but 2 days in a row this sale is pretty pathetic..had to remove several games from my wishlist despite them being dailies simply because with the budget I've set for this sale, I'd be out after 2-3 games.

So I started watching Madoka yesterday and got up to episode 3.

You guys ruined me on the death because I knew it was supposed to get dark and I think someone posted that scene in here awhile ago. So as soon as they got close to the witch I was expecting things to go wrong. It's fine, though because I probably wouldn't have ever watched it if I didn't know some of that stuff ahead of time.

That getting spoiled sucks, but it doesn't ruin the show, just messes with your expectations for the duration of those episodes.
You need to play Persona.

Nah.

Kater

Banned
Dont worry even though basically all of us are persona fans its fine if you havent played it.

If you never started Persona, its best for you to start in order. Once you started 3 or 4 Its hard to get back to 1, 2:Innocent Sin, 2:Eternal Punishment unless your like me and like 2:IS combat.

I have a PS2 somewhere in my my flat so I could play some of the older games. What's the first game on though, PSX?
Oh? Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? Or are you a super cool guy who loves 1 and 2?
Fallout New Vegas, but I also like Fallout 2 and 3. Fallout 1 has it's moments but is nowadays almost unplayable if since the framerate is really horrible on newer machines. Maybe I'll try to play it on my old ass machine sometime.

raw

Anthony Fantano
Looking him up right now!
You have much to learn, young one.
O-okay, senpai. :(

zeemumu

So were all of the levels in Evil Within a reference to an RE game?

The city at the beginning and some of the factory catacombs being RE2, the forest and mansion being RE1, the caves as RE5, the castle church and village as RE4, and the hospital as RE3?
Or am I overthinking it?

Archgan

So were all of the levels in Evil Within a reference to an RE game?

The city at the beginning and some of the factory catacombs being RE2, the forest and mansion being RE1, the caves as RE5, the castle church and village as RE4, and the hospital as RE3?
Or am I overthinking it?

I think that some of them were definitely references to an RE game but a few of them are just generic places to have a level.

I'm going to say something that many of you might judge me for.
Persona is over rated.
It honestly is.
I have a PS2 still at in some of my boxes in my flat so I could play some of the older games. What's the first game on though, PSX?

Fallout New Vegas, but I also like Fallout 2 and 3. Fallout 1 has it's moments but is nowadays almost unplayable if since the framerate is really horrible on newer machines. Maybe I'll try to play it on my old ass machine sometime.

Looking him up right now!

O-okay, senpai. :(
The first one is on PS1 and PSP, though the og one got the 4kids treatment of making everything american. The second one is a duology and the first part is only avalible in the us on psp since the original ps1 version never came to america, while the second part is the complete opposite, the original version was localized on ps1 while the psp version never came to america.

P3 you can get on PSN for like 10 bucks, same with p4.

Top Bottom