• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Zenfalcia

Prepare to generic.

It's not terrible when it makes that turn, it's just significantly less unique and doesn't execute many of the ideas as well as others.

Shame, i wonder how much of it is trigger adapting and streamlining it and how much is the original author writing the story.

Who's your main?

Well I wouldn't call her a main since I'm still better with Elphelt but there was someone cool I saw during the FNF they didn't show off much that I wanted to try it and she's pretty badass.

ramletherl-valentine2.jpg

I'm sorry your not having a Heavy Day.

Still trying to learn all the mechanics is pretty rough...
yeah I saw a copy at the mall today and almost grabbed it even though I have the LE pre ordered. With the delay It probably won't get here until well after christmas though.
Oh man that must be a weird feeling. At least you'll get it eventually/soon
^ I'm trying to main her atm, I'm pretty garbage tho
I'm sure the game is selling pretty poorly in the states. Might be down to $40 by Christmas?
No but I want it now, now now now now now.
I also want that LE keychain to replace mine.

Zenfalcia

Feels like author to me, light novels taking the romance turn and not being great seems to be a recurring theme.

*Cough* Sword Art Online *Cough*

I'd have to check the original material once enough is translated..

Also do they ever explain why the
elementary school kid is there?

Props to Pat for repping Potemkin. He probably would've had more success if he used Hammerfall Break for some extra mobility and abused the crap out of 6K, but he did a pretty fine job overall. I hope they return to Xrd some day once Leo is out.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Aren't we, though?

a1NXAvE.png

Also NinjaBlack/Jiraiya is going to make this show just amazing. Speaking completely fluent English and terrible Japanese is a really interesting thing to do in a Sentai.

Elphelt and Faust are probably going to mine just from what I've seen of them.

All the characters just look super cool in this game. I could honestly main any of them and have a good time doing it.

Ram Luhthall is pretty great.

Her dual giant swords are fucking awesome and her combos can get insane, especially if you can put someone on the wall.

Color 6 or go home.

I saw that color and knew it was the canon.

All the characters just look super cool in this game. I could honestly main any of them and have a good time doing it.

Her dual giant swords are fucking awesome and her combos can get insane, especially if you can put someone on the wall.

I saw that color and knew it was the canon.

I'm just excited to be able to play fighting games again with a fightstick..my madcatz got dropped on accident during my recent move and it basically fucking exploded on impact.

I am going to leave after this game for a match. Someone please tell me if it was me.

It shouldn't be, cause it's been good in the past, but holy fuck this lag is bad, and I need to know where it's coming from.

So in my recent craving for Ninja Gaiden action, I decided to check out the Razor's Edge demo out of curiosity of the game mechanics, since I never touched it after the horrible taste left by NG3 vanilla.

Sliding into enemies to stun them is the only cool gameplay addition. Everything else just feels weak when it comes to attacks, what with everyone being huge damage sponges. Plus the change to ultimate techniques in how they work fucking sucks. Though the most baffling part for me is the Steel on Bone mechanic. Not about how it works, but why the fuck it's there.

When stuff like counter attacks, guillatoine throws, and obliteration techniques exist, Steel on Bone just feels super unnecessary when the conditions for it to happen are so situational and random. A counter attack always works because all enemies attack no matter what. Guilatoine throws are always guaranteed to get at enemies that are blocking. Obliteration techniques allow for instant take downs when an enemy is near death with one of their limbs missing. Steel on Bone has its moments when you actually land it and chain enemies with it, but when this game moves as fast as it does and all your other special moves are just as effective and work in every possible scenario, what's the fucking point? Waiting for the opportunity to show itself can be as bad as trying to expose the counter gauge on certain bosses in Hyrule Warriors. You can't wait for shit.

I still fucking hope for the day Hayashi and co get their goddamn shit together and get this series back on track. They already had their wake up call with the reception to NG3 vanilla and tried to correct it with Razor's Edge, but so much of it was unsalvageable to begin with. And Yaiba was barely them to begin with.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I have half a chipotle burrito in the fridge, which will be eaten in about 5 minutes by me.

If any o you know what chipotle is, what do you get?

Double wrapped steak burrito or GTFO

Yuss. If we fight each other it'll be rough though.

We'll just have to settle it in Smash

I'm just excited to be able to play fighting games again with a fightstick..my madcatz got dropped on accident during my recent move and it basically fucking exploded on impact.

Oh god that must have been horrible. If something happened to that Ultimax fight stick I'm ordering I'd probably cry.

We'll just have to settle it in Smash

Oh god that must have been horrible. If something happened to that Ultimax fight stick I'm ordering I'd probably cry.

I was really upset but it was an honest to god accident..My friend was carrying the box and gravity just decided to be a shit lord and the bottom fell out..

I'm making it in RPG maker, and it'll have battling in it. Although, I would love to get outside help on that cuz the battle system in RPG maker is super simple and would get boring after a while.

Also, creating weapon and item names is super time consuming and annoying.

I know nothing of RPG Maker, but there's a thread in community or gaming that is an OT. You can ask there.

Coming up with names is a little easier: use a random word generator, squash some vowels, and use legendary weapon names.

I know nothing of RPG Maker, but there's a thread in community or gaming that is an OT. You can ask there.

Coming up with names is a little easier: use a random word generator, squash some vowels, and use legendary weapon names.

"Legend of the Broken Masamune"

And it has nothing to do with a Masamune.

Zenfalcia

Oh jeez.. it's 2:30 am.. but i just started Inou Battle.. and it's pretty entertaining.. except some parts, which seem cut down to fit the episode.

Top Bottom