• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Watching Lucky Star, 2 things:
A) that English voice actress for Patricia Martin is awful/ just sounds weird.
B) That one episode with
Konotas mom
made me tear up. Fucking wonderful.

Yeah, I just took a speed test. It was me. My internet speeds were literally cut in half.

Okay, I need someone to scream at. This shit is absurd.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yeah, I just took a speed test. It was me. My internet speeds were literally cut in half.

Okay, I need someone to scream at. This shit is absurd.

My internet speeds are supposed to be 2MB/s, but I have goddamn Comcast so it's only like that 10% of the time.

The Canadian telecom industry isn`t perfect, but at least we don`t have monopolies like you guys have down in the US. We originally had a super monopoly, and the government realized that`d fuck up the market so they force Bell (who owns every single phone line in the country) and the cable providers (who split the entire cable network 3-4 ways) to share them with competitors.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
The Canadian telecom industry isn`t perfect, but at least we don`t have monopolies like you guys have down in the US. We originally had a super monopoly, and the government realized that`d fuck up the market so they force Bell (who owns every single phone line in the country) and the cable providers (who split the entire cable network 3-4 ways) to share them with competitors.

Google Fiber will save us all.

That's how it's supposed to work, but in small towns, where no one gives a fuck about your consumer rights, we get fucked over.

I fucking hate Montana so God damn much.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Fuck yeah, back when they used real fire for this shit instead of CG. Looks awesome.

"Let's just light the fucking prop sword on FIRE. That'll work!"

9Ake8Y5.png

Honestly not a huge fan of that LP. The game is like, really hilarious when things are happening, but large sections are just shooting guys or running down a hill looking for people and it got kinda boring.
I'm crazy and love lightgun gameplay, even watching it. Liam and Matt playing Ghost Squad was fun too. Obviously it's more fun to play than to watch, but since I cannot play the game without doing the magic to it, I lived vicariously through it.
Mine doesn't even have that, so they better explain why my internet speeds were just cut in half, and it better be a great explanation, or I'm dropping them.

I'm really jealous you get to do that. There's a rumor that we might have a competitor bring in DSL in March, and I won't be sad to drop my provider after years of shitty customer service, and it going down for entire weekends.
That's how it's supposed to work, but in small towns, where no one gives a fuck about your consumer rights, we get fucked over.

I fucking hate Montana so God damn much.

I'm in Plague of Gripes country. I can at least be glad it's better than his.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Fuck yeah, back when they used real fire for this shit instead of CG. Looks awesome.

"Let's just light the fucking prop sword on FIRE. That'll work!"

9Ake8Y5.png

I'm silently hoping deep in my soul that someone actually caught on fire and then they put it on the outakes on the DVD.

Kakuranger. It's fucking insane so far. Like, straight up 90's Sentai weirdness. Pretty awesome, though.
90s Sentai did have some weird shit. Carranger was like straight up parody of its own franchise.

Which became especially weird when they tried to bring that over for Power Rangers Turbo, which tried to be a bit more serious despite all the goofy stock footage for the fights.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Oh, don't let me stop you from watching it, I was just throwing my opinion out there since it came up. I don't regret watching it, since I'd never see that game any other way, just not really the type of game I personally like in LP form.

The best LPs are the ones the Best Friends know front and back. RE2 and , Chrono Trigger, and the Sadness Trilogy were all amazing because they knew the game, as well as the stories behind them and the development process of them. Also, the weird niche games are super enjoyable too. Barkley and I Have No Mouth are two of my favorites.

Xiraiya

The best LPs are the ones the Best Friends know front and back. RE2 and , Chrono Trigger, and the Sadness Trilogy were all amazing because they knew the game, as well as the stories behind them and the development process of them. Also, the weird niche games are super enjoyable too. Barkley and I Have No Mouth are two of my favorites.

Uh I don't think that is true at all of Heavy Rain and Beyond two souls.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Well. Xrd people, let's go District 2A room #32

Heavy Rain Pat had already beat it, I believe several times, and talks about his previous experience constantly.

Yup, and they knew all those stories as to how BTS got made. Like David Cages creepy scrapbook.

Top Bottom