• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

I stole it from google images. I am just lazy.

Maybe if their were any good Christmas Rises I would choose that

zjXV7W9.png

Can I have some Mr. Plinkett?

Because you got my name wrong you only get half of one.

Zenfalcia

I guess Swery stole that
Mirror
scene from Golden Time... Its fiiiiiiine tho.

Don't read the spoiler until you finish it just to be safe.

That's a pretty rough avatar...

I already got past that part.. And what.. what's even happening.. How did that hug even work.. how did that ring?.. You know what, it's fine.. it's fine!

Although the last episodes.. Hnnng.. right in the feels..

I already got past that part.. And what.. what's even happening.. How did that hug even work.. how did that ring?.. You know what, it's fine.. it's fine!

Although the last episodes.. Hnnng.. right in the feels..
Yeah its has great feels.

I'll probably read the light novel just for that last episode since the ending seemed rushed.

Thanks MrGoodwill-kun

I assume I am the only person interested in Tales of Zestiria?

Xillia 2 sucked even more than Yukiko as waifu. I worry that the series may leave me behind as it goes in a new direction.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yo those are pretty nice, good job. I'm guessing it's a cop story?

This is what I've got so far:

It involves 2 countries surrounded by mountains, completely cut off from the outside world.

The two countries, Piege and Links, suddenly start warring when the king of Piege (a monarchy) is assassinated. With literally one person to suspect, they attack Links (a parliament). This war results in a 50 year long stalemate, since both countries are equal in every regard, economically, militarily, and technologically. During the 30th year of the war, Piege has a sudden rush of technological innovation within the span of a month. This event, called the Divine Gift, kickstarts a program called the Peacekeeper program.

The goal of the Peacekeeper program is to create a type of soldier better than anything that Links can throw at them, and quickly end the war. Several hundred clones are engineered of a single soldier, and they are all bred to be what the government wants them to be - killing machines. But then, on the 20th birthday of the clones, when they were supposed to be deployed, both countries come to terms on a peace treaty. The Peacekeepers are dismissed and sent into the reserves, since they are technically just soldiers, but since one of the conditions of the treaty was drastic decrease in military strength on both sides, many are just discharged.

The main character, Jack, or PK71 as he is known legally, is one of the soldiers who were discharged. The story is about Jack, and coming to terms with finding new meaning in his life after being discharged, as well as uncovering the truth to every event in the past 50 years, including the start of the war and the history of both countries.

I got my prize in the mail from XSEED today!
I wonder if it would be weird to buy the NyuuNyuu DX packs for Estival Versus.

I mean, I want the figures and the game, but I don't Nipponese. Decisions, decisions.

It involves 2 countries surrounded by mountains, completely cut off from the outside world.

The two countries, Piege and Links, suddenly start warring when the king of Piege (a monarchy) is assassinated. With literally one person to suspect, they attack Links (a parliament). This war results in a 50 year long stalemate, since both countries are equal in every regard, economically, militarily, and technologically. During the 30th year of the war, Piege has a sudden rush of technological innovation within the span of a month. This event, called the Divine Gift, kickstarts a program called the Peacekeeper program.

The goal of the Peacekeeper program is to create a type of soldier better than anything that Links can throw at them, and quickly end the war. Several hundred clones are engineered of a single soldier, and they are all bred to be what the government wants them to be - killing machines. But then, on the 20th birthday of the clones, when they were supposed to be deployed, both countries come to terms on a peace treaty. The Peacekeepers are dismissed and sent into the reserves, since they are technically just soldiers, but since one of the conditions of the treaty was drastic decrease in military strength on both sides, many are just discharged.

The main character, Jack, or PK71 as he is known legally, is one of the soldiers who were discharged. The story is about Jack, and coming to terms with finding new meaning in his life after being discharged, as well as uncovering the truth to every event in the past 50 years, including the start of the war and the history of both countries.
spongebob-wallet.jpg

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I wonder if it would be weird to buy the NyuuNyuu DX packs for Estival Versus.

I mean, I want the figures and the game, but I don't Nipponese. Decisions, decisions.

I have it pre-ordered. Since Sony systems have no region locking, we can still play it.

There's also 10 player multiplayer.

joe2187

Banned

Sounds kind of familiar to Pumpkin Scissors

I need this to be published and sold to me. Go to greenlight plz
It looks like the manga has 8 volumes but translations aren't completed.

edit: I take it back. Novel is done, manga is ongoing. I missread it.
I know that the Novel is done, but I think the translations of the novel is farther than the Manga. I would rather read the source material.

50 years war reminds me of FF Tactics. Are you planning to do geo-political stuff pre and post-war?
I'm intrigued. The premise sounds like something I'd play in my RPGs.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
50 years war reminds me of FF Tactics. Are you planning to do geo-political stuff pre and post-war?
I'm intrigued. The premise sounds like something I'd play in my RPGs.

I'm making it in RPG maker, and it'll have battling in it. Although, I would love to get outside help on that cuz the battle system in RPG maker is super simple and would get boring after a while.

Also, creating weapon and item names is super time consuming and annoying.

I'm making it in RPG maker, and it'll have battling in it. Although, I would love to get outside help on that cuz the battle system in RPG maker is super simple and would get boring after a while.

Also, creating weapon and item names is super time consuming and annoying.
If you need help, I could compose music if you want as I need practice. Music is key to any good RPG.

Sounds interesting, but how does the story unfold as a JRPG? Does it play like a regular JRPG, have dungeons and bosses? How does the story connect to the gameplay? A common theme I've noticed among a lot of bad JRPGs is that they write a story first, then throw RPG combat in between story segments and everything feels really disjointed.

So, now that golden time is done. Time for some inou battle.

How far in are you, or have you not started it?

Yoo, finally near the end of Baldurs Gate, finally made it to Ulgoths beard. Clean it up, then go take out the big bad, and hopefully get the 30k xp I need to hit level 8. If I don't then I'll just cheat and give it to myself.

EDIT: Anybody still playin Xrd in here? Or smash?

EDIT 2: Reading over the kinds of quests in Ulgoths beard...ehhh. I'd rather just finish the game. Maybe I'll save edit a little more XP in my pocket just for my main and get on with it.

Yoo, finally near the end of Baldurs Gate, finally made it to Ulgoths beard. Clean it up, then go take out the big bad, and hopefully get the 30k xp I need to hit level 8. If I don't then I'll just cheat and give it to myself.

EDIT: Anybody still playin Xrd in here? Or smash?

I can get down on some Smash. Anyone playing?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Alright. Alll I ask for is my name in the credits
and twenty bucks

I'm joking about the twenty bucks.

I can do that. I got L, an artist who draws a lot of TBFP art, to help with the character portraits, and then for the initial story which has been revised HEAVILY I've got 2 people, and then I've got a guy thinking up weapon names and stuff. You'd be a great addition!

Top Bottom