• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Bah. My internet is terrible. I'll spare you guys any more of it. Sorry.
Hey frienders. You better tune in 9pm Eastern tomorrow night, and keep tuning in for 4 more days. Somethin special is a-comin`.
720.gif

I am going to leave after this game for a match. Someone please tell me if it was me.

It shouldn't be, cause it's been good in the past, but holy fuck this lag is bad, and I need to know where it's coming from.

Hah it was you I think, since I fought Joe for a long time after and there was no lag at all. -edit, Just saw your next posts, I feel that yo

GGs Joe, whichever Joe you are.

GGs, your Ramlethal has noticeably improved in only a day. Gave me a run for my money.
But next time, please pick random stage in your character select! that stage is killing me.
I know... I actually looked up command list today and practiced for a little bit. It's better than going in blind. I think I got down Potemkin's weaknesses.

Yeah the red in the stage was a bit much. I got to change it to random.
How's it killing you? Does it hurt your eyes or something?
I think it was hard to see the characters red after effects.

How's it killing you? Does it hurt your eyes or something?

Exaggeration. I'm just bored to tears of it.

I know... I actually looked up command list today and practiced for a little bit. It's better than going in blind. I think I got down Potemkin's weaknesses.

Yeah the red in the stage was a bit much. I got to change it to random.

I practiced some Potemkin earlier myself. It's going to take some time to get used to his inputs, but I'm managing to kinda randomly pull off command grabs at least now.

Hey guys im designing a power to give to one of my main heroes can you give me some feedback.

Basically I wanna give him The World but a much less OP version. Basically he can stop time but for only for a max of 5 seconds at a time and theres a ten minute cooldown in between uses and he can only stop time in total for 20 seconds a day at first. While time is stopped he can move, however only his body can move and since time has stopped all the molocules in everything else has stopped as well, which means nothing can really be moved or anything. He cant punch someone, or throw a knife because their molocules arent active. Apart of his power is that he can touch things to bring them into the frozen time and move around, but it takes a shit load of energy to do that since he has to do this to his clothes as well. Only things hes in direct contact can move. Really the ability is only used to get a better position for an attack, dodging, or running away.

demidar

Hey guys im designing a power to give to one of my main heroes can you give me some feedback.

Basically I wanna give him The World but a much less OP version. Basically he can stop time but for only for a max of 5 seconds at a time and theres a ten minute cooldown in between uses and he can only stop time in total for 20 seconds a day at first. While time is stopped he can move, however only his body can move and since time has stopped all the molocules in everything else has stopped as well, which means nothing can really be moved or anything. He cant punch someone, or throw a knife because their molocules arent active. Apart of his power is that he can touch things to bring them into the frozen time and move around, but it takes a shit load of energy to do that since he has to do this to his clothes as well. Only things hes in direct contact can move. Really the ability is only used to get a better position for an attack, dodging, or running away.

Is this for a video game? Because if you don't want to make this power useless then you'll have to put a lot of emphasis on positioning through systems.

I have trouble keeping up these days. Has it been decided yet if Woolie is going to be sent back to Dark Souls original now that Dark Souls II is over?

joe2187

Banned
I have trouble keeping up these days. Has it been decided yet if Woolie is going to be sent back to Dark Souls original now that Dark Souls II is over?

All I know is that I heard on a podcast a while back pat saying "woolie and liam came over to record dark souls"

so, make of it what you will.

Wow I love the Def Jam LP so much, it's super hype and the lore is
sodeep

Holy shit you guys I never knew I wanted a top down Rainbow Six 3 until I played Doorkickers, fuck everything this game is the best tactical shooter I've ever played.
It also supports mods and the workshop...and it has a level editor and is constantly being updated with free content.

Thanks Steam sales.

That's how it's supposed to work, but in small towns, where no one gives a fuck about your consumer rights, we get fucked over.

I fucking hate Montana so God damn much.

Hey, at least you don't live in the shithole of a plague of gripes esque bumfuck town like mine. Greeley/evans/weld county is shit man, no one should live here not even all the meth and crackheads.

It's this weird combination of nigh Lovecraftian levels of nonsense in the road and street layout, I mean holy fuck which podunk farmer said we needed 20 3rd street avenues I don't fucking know. On top of that the people are about as smart as rocks, they barely know how to drive, and DUI induced havoc is incredibly common.

I mean the whole city is this fucking bizarre mix of decrepit buildings and farmer fields, you pretty much have to drive 10 miles to get to any of the stores.

Fuck, you know what I am going to go watch some super hype Viewtiful Joe LP, because it's depressing thinking about where I live, ironically, in a trailer.

So you have my sympathies.

demidar

No manga character.

Okay, so it could totally work but it would require a lot of creativity on your part. Think of Stands with very specific powers that are only useful in extremely specific circumstances, in order to make them work you would have to be really creative with how the MC approaches a situation (as well as giving him/her the requisite intelligence to pull off such a thing).

How hard/strict do you want to make the rules of this power (or powers in general of this universe)?

Zenfalcia

Wow I love the Def Jam LP so much, it's super hype and the lore is
sodeep

Hey, at least you don't live in the shithole of a plague of gripes esque bumfuck town like mine. Greeley/evans/weld county is shit man, no one should live here not even all the meth and crackheads.

It's this weird combination of nigh Lovecraftian levels of nonsense in the road and street layout, I mean holy fuck which podunk farmer said we needed 20 3rd street avenues I don't fucking know. On top of that the people are about as smart as rocks, they barely know how to drive, and DUI induced havoc is incredibly common.

I mean the whole city is this fucking bizarre mix of decrepit buildings and farmer fields, you pretty much have to drive 10 miles to get to any of the stores.

Fuck, you know what I am going to go watch some super hype Viewtiful Joe LP, because it's depressing thinking about where I live, ironically, in a trailer.

So you have my sympathies.

There has been years of woolie's childhood filled with rage lore and now there's more every passing video.

Sounds like quite the place to live. I assume you don't have good internet either.

There has been years of woolie's childhood filled with rage lore and now there's more every passing video.

Sounds like quite the place to live. I assume you don't have good internet either.

It used to be but then again I have comcast, so my parents are overpaying for 30mb speed with a 2mb upload but we'd be lucky to actually get halfway near those speeds.

At least it's not 2mb internet.

UGH.

It used to be but then again I have comcast, so my parents are overpaying for 30mb speed with a 2mb upload but we'd be lucky to actually get halfway near those speeds.

At least it's not 2mb internet.

UGH.
At least you're not paying $80 for 3MB that's more like 2, and decides to not work some days :p

I'm a lil buttmad about this today, gonna go pass out

demidar

I'm going to blame the dialog, the performances themselves seem good. FFXIII was exactly the same, the writing was really sporadic and never great.

I just watched the trailer. Noctis sounds all kinds of awful (and by awful I mean his voice doesn't really fit his body language or personality), and that glasses-wearing guy is overdoing it.

Hopefully the rest of the game's voicework isn't like that.

MormaPope

Banned
It's not so much the voices or dialogue itself, but the lip syncing is some of the worst I think I've ever seen.

OHHH, yeah, its pretty fucking bad. Its 70's kung fu movie dub bad.

I just watched the trailer. Noctis sounds all kinds of awful (and by awful I mean his voice doesn't really fit his body language or personality), and that glasses-wearing guy is overdoing it.

Hopefully the rest of the game's voicework isn't like that.

I'm honestly glad Noctis doesn't sound like a typical, nasally JRPG teen. Glasses Guy sounds like some sort of posh British dude, which is a Final Fantasy tradition at this point I guess.

I actually miss Final Fantasy's more crude and less technical style a lot.

Versus FFXV:

Those faces remind me of something from the Original Xbox, not on a technical level, but artistically.

demidar

I'm honestly glad Noctis doesn't sound like a typical, nasally JRPG teen. Glasses Guy sounds like some sort of posh British dude, which is a Final Fantasy tradition at this point I guess.

I think they were going for posh British dude, but it sounds like a very bad one.

Top Bottom