• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Jman014

There are only three games I can see being in almost all of their top 10's for 2013:
Wonderful 101 (will get #1 with quite a few, if not all)
The Last of Us (Probably excluding Matt. Pat will put it somewhere in the middle)
Metal Gear Rising

Some of them (I think it was Woolie and Liam?) will have Brothers: A tale of Two Sons. Others may have Papers Please. The rest, I don't know. Fire Emblem and Black Flag are limited possibilities.

I believe your avatar could do with a few more items on it.

croten

I think this is the longest amount of time that I haven't posted. I've been busy getting ready for my birthday, also this is my first post on my Wii U so thats pretty rad.

I know you're being sarcastic, but you're actually right. I have to watch more shows before I can do that, but I'll probably add a berserk and Bebop item if I end up liking them.
I'm not sure how would you add an item from Bebop since there is no one iconic thing from Bebop, but I guess you could add Spike's hair?

Xiraiya

God I fucking hate modding communities that overrun a game with their garbage

Skyrim modding community:
"Let's have hyper realistic/mismatched waifus that look way out of place and make the most indepth sex mechanics with broken animations you've ever seen! You know what wouldn't fit at all in Skyrim? Anime characters, they'll be perfect!"

Sims modding community:
Let's have hyper realistic/mismatched waifus that look way out of place and make the most indepth sex mechanics with broken animations you've ever seen!, you know what was an awesome looking game? SIMS 3! Let's make 4 look like that Pile of dog diarrhea!"

I miss the early days of Morrowind when Mods were almost purely about making the most absurdly intricate houses imaginable and adding really cool random bits of depth to the game.

croten

"Let's have hyper realistic/mismatched waifus that look way out of place and make the most indepth sex mechanics with broken animations you've ever seen! You know what wouldn't fit at all in Skyrim? Anime characters, they'll be perfect!"

Sims modding community:
Let's have hyper realistic/mismatched waifus that look way out of place and make the most indepth sex mechanics with broken animations you've ever seen!, you know what was an awesome looking game? SIMS 3! Let's make 4 look like that Pile of dog diarrhea!"

I miss the early days of Morrowind when Mods were almost purely about making the most absurdly intricate houses imaginable and adding really cool random bits of depth to the game.
not going to question how you know what the animations look like

Sims modding community:

Yea they are ruining the brilliant artstyle of skyrim

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about top 10s? Expecially on the verge of 2015.

If it's been that much of a hassle for them, I'd rather save them from having to do that and focus on actual important things.
Yeah I would much prefer a discussion of the matter instead of a video listing their favourites. The only thing that I really liked about the top tens was that they were so late and I would have loved it if they never put them out and just occasionally brought up that they are working on them as a running joke.

croten

Yeah I would much prefer a discussion of the matter instead of a video listing their favourites. The only thing that I really liked about the top tens was that they were so late and I would have loved it if they never put them out and just occasionally brought up that they are working on them as a running joke.
Just like The Last Guardian

Xiraiya

Yes officer the mod installed itself, I was in no control :p
Don't be a shit, I have never been tempted to install that kind of garbage, I like my games too pure, mods that I'm okay with playing with are 99% of the time unofficial patches and content restorations, things that fix and flesh out the game in a way that isn't really custom content. But I like seeing what kind of ideas people get because there are some really genius mods.

croten

Don't be a shit, I have never been tempted to install that kind of garbage, I like my games too pure, mods that I'm okay with playing with are 99% of the time unofficial patches and content restorations, things that fix and flesh out the game in a way that isn't really custom content. But I like seeing what kind of ideas people get because there are some really genius mods.
I was just teasing, you don't need to take it so seriously

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Watching Beck, and I noticed one of my favorite tropes again.

X is super pretty, has a great personality, a dynamite body, and shes at the top of her class! She's also popular.

I can't count the number of times I've seen this is anime.

That would have been hilarious.

X is super pretty, has a great personality, a dynamite body, and shes at the top of her class! She's also popular.

You can't have the main protag go after some loser. Only the pick of their crop, the Queen of the Litter!

Emouse

I feel the same way about modding, I like to keep the game as the intended product but if there's something that improves visuals or performance I'll give it a shot, the only thing I installed that really changed anything in game ws for Skyrim, I used a mod to make all the frostbite spiders into goats because they legit freak me out and I can't play it anymore with them still in

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I'm pretty sure that Fallout's mod community has some of the better mods out there. Sure they've got the sex stuff too, but that's in most Bethesda games anyway.

Xiraiya

Graphical replacement mods look pretty good but most of the time I find them overrated, I really like the way Skyrim looks by default, that game is still really nice looking if you run at 16x AF and Anti-aliasing and all that stuff.
I can appreciate the concept of modding in hyper realistic looking textures and stuff, but usually it ends up looking a bit weird in some ways and kind of out of place, and also impractical.

So I much prefer the original game at max settings with maybe some lighting adjustments which tends to make an amazing difference alone.

I feel the same way about modding, I like to keep the game as the intended product but if there's something that improves visuals or performance I'll give it a shot, the only thing I installed that really changed anything in game ws for Skyrim, I used a mod to make all the frostbite spiders into goats because they legit freak me out and I can't play it anymore with them still in
Here I was thinking of how one could make frostbite spiders kind of scary as they seem kind of lame and don't move in a way I feel like Spiders should. (I made them move 3x faster and made them smaller to test out a mod idea, it was... interesting)

Eff that shit. If there's a mod that rebalances a game I don't like into a game that I'll like, then I'll for it.

You can't have the main protag go after some loser. Only the pick of their crop, the Queen of the Litter!

Protags will either go for the super popular queen bee or the girl next door/nerdy best friend.

No middle ground ever =/

It gets really stale when the protag, even if he's a complete loser/dweeb, will still get the girl.

Eff that shit. If there's a mod that rebalances a game I don't like into a game that I'll like, then I'll for it.

DmC Remastered says
FUCK YOU

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Protags will either go for the super popular queen bee or the girl next door/nerdy best friend.

No middle ground ever =/

It gets really stale when the protag, even if he's a complete loser/dweeb, will still get the girl.

DmC Remastered says
FUCK YOU

B-b-but... He's the chosen one! Who else will the viewer project their selves onto?

Emouse

Here I was thinking of how one could make frostbite spiders kind of scary as they seem kind of lame and don't move in a way I feel like Spiders should. (I made them move 3x faster and made them smaller to test out a mod idea, it was... interesting)

They're not so bad but I don't handle spiders in any form well at all

Xiraiya

A0gzgs.jpg

BZKf1I.jpg

7CxCJX.jpg

12iCkz.jpg
Some old screenshots I took awhile back, they were resized down from 1920x1080
So you know, I've never had an issue with how Skyrim looks, but I can definitely understand if people are like "I've played this game through like 4 times, I want some different stuff to look at"

croten

Some old screenshots I took awhile back, they were resized down from 1920x1080
So you know, I've never had an issue with how Skyrim looks, but I can definitely understand if people are like "I've played this game through like 4 times, I want some different stuff to look at"
its not that the graphics are bad, I just hate the art style, it's so boring.

Xiraiya

its not that the graphics are bad, I just hate the art style, it's so boring.

It could be worse, at least it doesn't look like a Blizzard game, but you're right, though that just made Dragonborn more enjoyable for me with all the Morrowind themed stuff.

I feel like Skyrim's artstyle would have worked better if the game played in a more clunky 3rd Person kind of way, like TLOU, EW, Dark Souls, GZ etc.

Oberon

Banned

Maybe it's me having not watched many anime recently, but I don't see that too often.

croten

It could be worse, at least it doesn't look like a Blizzard game, but you're right, though that just made Dragonborn more enjoyable for me with all the Morrowind themed stuff.

I feel like Skyrim's artstyle would have worked better if the game played in a more clunky 3rd Person kind of way, like TLOU, EW, Dark Souls, GZ etc.
I would have prefered the Blizzard look, at least they have colour.

Zenfalcia

Maybe it's me having not watched many anime recently, but I don't see that too often.

it happens all the time. They use that trope a lot, along with childhoodfriend who has a crush or is liked by the mc and there are tons of others depending on the genre.

Yo Zen, in case you hadn't seen it, I sent in my BestGAF sings recording.

Thanks for sending it. I'll have get to working on it today.

Xiraiya

I would have prefered the Blizzard look, at least they have colour.

I can't fucking stand that look, it's fine in Warcraft and maybe even fine for Diablo to an extent, but games (I'm looking at you Lords Of the fallen) looking like that are just urgh.

I'll take Skyrim's blandness any day.

Oberon

Banned
it happens all the time. They use that trope a lot, along with childhoodfriend who has a crush or is liked by the mc and there are tons of others depending on the genre.

Seems like I don't watch much anime that have it. I mean, if you want to kiss a girl, the only thing you need is a bottle, right?
And I am glad I have watched Nozaki-kun, because making fun of those trops is way more entertaning than seeing them.

Shackzam

Seems like I don't watch much anime that have it. I mean, if you want to kiss a girl, the only thing you need is a bottle, right?
And I am glad I have watched Nozaki-kun, because making fun of those trops is way more entertaning than seeing them.

Yes, that's all you need
tumblr_n2egzrFbSS1t8x277o8_250.jpg

Top Bottom