• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

They might have made BT3 and B3 too well, considering all the games after are kind of meh. Xenoverse though is the first one that I'm somewhat excited for again, mostly because it's actually getting the recommended 2 years devilment cycle rather than the 1 year that DBZ games After Burstlimt and Raging blast got.

I have Raging Blast 2 and for what it is..it's an okay game my only issue is that the AI is fucking awful. At least BT3 will make it slightly challenging when I wanna 1v5 where in RB2 I have to 1v5 on very strong to even lose one life bar.
Their Sonic Boom series is going very well and they have a fucking Lego Island playthrough happening on Steam Train! LEGO ISLAND! Shit's nostalgic mindfuckery made manifest!

Edit: Since we mentioned grades, A A A A B B Dean's List.
Edit: Grades we're C,B,B,C,C
Decent considering I didn't buy books since I wanted a tv.

Their Sonic Boom series is going very well and they have a fucking Lego Island playthrough happening on Steam Train! LEGO ISLAND! Shit's nostalgic mindfuckery made manifest!

EDIT: Since we mentioned grades, A A A A B B Dean's List.
Man, Lego Island. I remember that shit. Giant Bomb's second Unprofessional Friday ever had Drew playing that game, and everyone on set were losing their goddamn minds. It was glorious.

Also, talking about grades, I actually just checked mine. Only failed one class, but it wasn't a prerequisite for anything I've got next semester, so whatever. I'm still pretty much on track for the rest of my degree.

Zenfalcia

EDIT: Since we mentioned grades, A A A A B B Dean's List.

I'm not jelly at all..

tumblr_lqx65o3dCr1qktqch.gif

damn, my terrible self control.

360pages

I have Raging Blast 2 and for what it is..it's an okay game my only issue is that the AI is fucking awful. At least BT3 will make it slightly challenging when I wanna 1v5 where in RB2 I have to 1v5 on very strong to even lose one life bar.

RB2...felt weird, slower, and while it looks nice they took out a lot of defensive options from BT3.

Really, BT3 is actually a really fun game, not just as a DBZ fighter, but just a game in general. You can actually feel that they gave a shit when making it and B3.

RB2...felt weird, slower, and while it looks nice they took out a lot of defensive options from BT3.

Really, BT3 is actually a really fun game, not just as a DBZ fighter, but just a game in general. You can actually feel that they gave a shit when making it and B3.

That's why I love BT3 it's so fast..it actually feels like DBZ. In RB2 you just played leap frog and that was about as fast as it got.

360pages

That's why I love BT3 it's so fast..it actually feels like DBZ. In RB2 you just played leap frog and that was about as fast as it got.

I understand why they did it...with the combo system and everything, but still it got dull and there was a lot less to do compared to the other games.

I understand why they did it...with the combo system and everything, but still it got dull and there was a lot less to do compared to the other games.
There wasn't even a story mode and that bothered me. Even though every DBZ game has a Story mode and it's normally the same everytime. They could of thrown something in. Btw I really liked that they threw in that What If Saga in BT3.

I did a 1v5 using Devilman against SSJ4 Gogeta,Omega Shenron,Great Ape Baby, Kid Buu and Super Janemba and I won..because DEVILMAN

1727916-525px_akkuman1.jpg

360pages

BT3 is GOAT, even more so if you hacked and removed the item caps. It's a blast fight Red Potrea characters and other things.

And even with it's inflated character number. (Even removing the different form of characters count is still somewhere in the 80s) There is still a lot to do.

PS2 version that is.

BT3 is GOAT, even more so if you hacked and removed the item caps. It's a blast fight Red Potrea characters and other things.

And even with it's inflated character number. (Even removing the different form of characters count is still somewhere in the 80s) There is still a lot to do.

PS2 version that is.

I'm just gonna say I can play as SSJG Goku with my copy.

Anung

Un Rama
Matt totally nails it about the final Bowser fight in SM3DW. When I was playing I felt like "HOLY SHIT DID THEY LET PLATINUM DESIGN THIS SHIT HYPEEE"

I believe Pat said that he started on his 2 days ago due to procrastination. Maybe he can get it Matt's level by the time his comes out.

I'm sure Pat will think of something clever to do.

PGs back and top tens back from the grave? What a nice, different day this is!

Xrd hype, why are none of you nerds on?

Once I get a decent grasp on a character we'll play. By the way, have you tried playing online? Apparently it's not that great in it's current state.

MormaPope

Banned
Watching the first top 10 now, I don't like how The Best Friends decided to do this. Recapping what each game amounted to feels counter intuitive time wise. Its now two years after 2013, and we've all heard what The Best Friends, especially Matt and Pat, thought about games released that year. Matt is good at being concise when it comes to game features and what he thinks, but he's not altering my perspective when it comes to those games.

The production value is great, but its just not doing it for me. When it comes to expressing assertions and thoughts, I like when all the Best Friends are in a room together and communicating with each other. If the other lists are just as long, that amounts to two hours of video for a top 10 list, when in podcast form that could've been cut down to an hour if paced correctly.

It strikes me that these top tens might be bargains on Steam since they're a year old...

Not all of them, obviously, but there might be some really good deals to be had.

Watching the first top 10 now, I don't like how The Best Friends decided to do this. Recapping what each game amounted to feels counter intuitive time wise. Its now two years after 2013, and we've all heard what The Best Friends, especially Matt and Pat, thought about games released that year. Matt is good at being concise when it comes to game features and what he thinks, but he's not altering my perspective when it comes to those games.

The production value is great, but its just not doing it for me. When it comes to expressing assertions and thoughts, I like when all the Best Friends are in a room together and communicating with each other. If the other lists are just as long, that amounts to two hours of video for a top 10 list, when in podcast form that could've been cut down to an hour if paced correctly.

What else were you expecting... ?

Top Bottom