• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Been gone all day, but I feel the need to gloat about winning the avatar bet.

Muahahaha.

Also May's design is awesome and I wish I was good at playing her.

Okingjrr

Muahahaha.

Who was involved in the top 10 bet again? And on which side?
I remember Zen and misses bull but can't remember the specifics.

Oh my fucking god I was finally getting a Filia combo down when my nephew comes in to say something in the middle of it and now I keep fucking it up. Lets try this again

Zenfalcia

Muahahaha.

You better pick out some nice avatars.
Who was involved in the top 10 bet again? And on which side?
I remember Zen and misses bull but can't remember the specifics.

i was betting it would not come out 2014 and goodwil and misses bull were betting it would.
Just making sure you got mine right?

I did. Thanks for sending it in.

JoJo94

You better pick out some nice avatars.

i was betting it would not come out 2014 and goodwil and misses bull were betting it would.

I did. Thanks for sending it in.

No prob was only checking since I messed up sending it at first and accidentally posted it...

JoJo94

Oh seriously? That's actually kind of funny. Way better than the "Hey I'm Nowi from fire emblem and I look like ten, but it's fine since I'm a 2000 year old dragon or some shit" and everyone is totally fine with it.

Well...if you could sleep with a 2000 year old dragon you would just for the story...just leave out the looks like a 10 year old part though.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YES I DID IT, I FINALLY HAVE A FUCKING FILIA COMBO sorta BUT I STILL DID IT
Finally back home for the holidays

It's fiiiiine. Combos are like Dark Souls. Just calm down and get back to it after a while.
Welcome back kinda. And yeah I just backed off for like a minute and it came back
Oh seriously? That's actually kind of funny. Way better than the "Hey I'm Nowi from fire emblem and I look like ten, but it's fine since I'm a 2000 year old dragon or some shit" and everyone is totally fine with it.
Yeah she has a huge crush on Johnny who's the leader of the Jellyfish Pirates but he always changes the topic.

Man, I'm finally starting to enjoy Xrd now that I have a most basic of basic gameplans down for potemkin.
Having some fun with randoms right now.

Everyone talking about how hype Bloody Stream is? Hell yeah.

That cliff area in Shadow Tower Abyss I think is still one of my favorite areas in the game mainly because of there being a good reason to use guns on enemies, especially if you'd been hording ammo prior. Shooting the wings off of harpies as they fall into the abyss is super satisfying.

And also on jump-ins or punishes.

Nah, he'd have to git very gud to do that. and plus Diago doesn't play skull girls.

Yea I know, I just can't think of the names of any top tier Skullgirls players..haven't really watched any since Evo last year...never forget..

Ya know. Daigo playing Skullgirls would be rad.

I wish more Japanese players would play, so we can have it as a main game on Evo.

It would be rad though..I wonder what his team would be.

It's almost 50% actually depending. I'm too poor to be a pot monster though

Oh man this. Maybe Filia can get in Undernight and that can count

Oh nice. Once I get my fightstick we should play a few matches.

Now be able to do it multiple times, consistently.

And from both sides!

also yo the co-op event matches on smash wii u are pretty fun
I'm working on it
Soon he'll be doing 50% combos and talking mad shit to people.

Then Daigo will come and crush his dreams.
Ya know. Daigo playing Skullgirls would be rad.

I wish more Japanese players would play, so we can have it as a main game on Evo.
Oh nice. Once I get my fightstick we should play a few matches.
If you have it on PC I'm down.

Muahahaha.

I would main May back in the day and its loads of fun... The lack of her in FNF made me sad(Thankfully Pat is pretty fucking good with Axle who is pretty much the only other character I seriously played) Which is weird because I hate every other charge character in fighting games. Strangely enough out of my friends the person I had the most problem fighting was the guy who used Johnny(Those fucking coins!)...

Emouse

This Skullgirls talk reminds me I should probably actually get good at it at some point, I took a break from fightmans and have probably forgotten everything

I would main May back in the day and its loads of fun... The lack of her in FNF made me sad(Thankfully Pat is pretty fucking good with Axle who is pretty much the only other character I seriously played) Which is weird because I hate every other charge character in fighting games. Strangely enough out of my friends the person I had the most problem fighting was the guy who used Johnny(Those fucking coins!)...
Her charge timings are really short, especially compared to SFIV's long ones I tried to learn back when I tried to learn Guile.

:( I heard that was a joke when SG came over to Japan arcades I want this to happen...

Will UNIB be a main stage game at EVO? I hope so.
Maybe another charity drive will help us push it like Smash
I'm going to fairly soon. Till then I'm stuck with the original Skullgirls on Xbox o.o
Sounds good. Other people will probably join in too in a lobby
Strangely enough out of my friends the person I had the most problem fighting was the guy who used Johnny(Those fucking coins!)...
What're you talking about, that's canon, gotta keep away the jail time

Xiraiya

Guilty Gear reminds me, I use to play this "Free to Play" Smash bros-like brawler called Lost Saga, it was a bit shitty, mainly in terms of the community.

But I really enjoyed it's style, all the characters were like cliche Hero types with 3 or 4 different functions and then regular moves and stuff, but some of the "Heroes" you could get and use were special characters from other games.

You could buy gear from other heroes to put on your character.

QZNvY0.jpg

b9YNGM.jpg

It had potential as a fun dumb thing but the community and free to play model made it pretty shit.

Zenfalcia

Yea I know, I just can't think of the names of any top tier Skullgirls players..haven't really watched any since Evo last year...never forget..

Fraud detected. That's shameful!
i don't know any either.
Yeah he's too busy managing the Tojo clan.

Defeating punks with his arcade heat moves?
I'm working on it

If you have it on PC I'm down.

Good job.

speaking of UNIB who's planning to get it.. i really want to get it, after i get a ps3.

360pages

Guilty Gear reminds me, I use to play this "Free to Play" Smash bros-like brawler called Lost Saga, it was a bit shitty, mainly in terms of the community.

But I really enjoyed it's style, all the characters were like cliche Hero types with 3 or 4 different functions and then regular moves and stuff, but some of the "Heroes" you could get and use were special characters from other games.

You could buy gear from other heroes to put on your character.

It had potential as a fun dumb thing but the community and free to play model made it pretty shit.

Is it bad that I like female Ragna more than male Ragna in terms of design.

Fraud detected. That's shameful!
i don't know any either.
It's fiiiiine just remember the terms like Salty cupcakes and Swords of Revealing Light.
When Shack showed the SG top 8 stream I hadn't memorized any of those player's names... Mostly because those matches went by fast.
This is the place where we talk about the Super Best Friends, right?
Welcome back PG!
speaking of UNIB who's planning to get it.. i really want to get it, after i get a ps3.
I'm definitely getting it

Top Bottom