• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Watching the first top 10 now, I don't like how The Best Friends decided to do this. Recapping what each game amounted to feels counter intuitive time wise. Its now two years after 2013, and we've all heard what The Best Friends, especially Matt and Pat, thought about games released that year. Matt is good at being concise when it comes to game features and what he thinks, but he's not altering my perspective when it comes to those games.

The production value is great, but its just not doing it for me. When it comes to expressing assertions and thoughts, I like when all the Best Friends are in a room together and communicating with each other. If the other lists are just as long, that amounts to two hours of video for a top 10 list, when in podcast form that could've been cut down to an hour if paced correctly.

Maybe they should have made them a year ago
Also, duh

Once I get a decent grasp on a character we'll play. By the way, have you tried playing online? Apparently it's not that great in it's current state.
I think it depends on who is hosting the room. It was fucking garbage when Goodwil was hosting, but perfect when I hosted it.
Then I would recommend you play the DLC in between case 3 and 4 or in between case 4 and 5. There's a specific reason why this is recommended
Alright.

Once I get a decent grasp on a character we'll play. By the way, have you tried playing online? Apparently it's not that great in it's current state.

? It seemed fine to me. I had a couple matches that went to 19 frames, but other than that super good. I got bodied by one super good Ramlethal, and a decent Ky, but other than that I was cleaning house.

I think it depends on who is hosting the room. It was fucking garbage when Goodwil was hosting, but perfect when I hosted it.

Alright.

? It seemed fine to me. I had a couple matches that went to 19 frames, but other than that super good. I got bodied by one super good Ramlethal, and a decent Ky, but other than that I was cleaning house.

Hmm, alright. I heard that it wasn't great, but I guess they patched it.

Emouse

Matt's top 10 was pretty good, makes me feel like I should go back and actually finish W101 & Zelda ALBW, and maybe actually learn how KI even works

Matt's top 10 was pretty good, makes me feel like I should go back and actually finish W101 & Zelda ALBW, and maybe actually learn how KI even works
Matt got me hype for KI..then I realized it's Xbone exclusive and my hype boner just ran back inside of me..

There's some chance of it coming to PC, so remain cautiously hype. I'll definitely buy if it does, if only just for the music.
If it does I'm getting that shit at launch. I'm just sitting here listening to the OST.

Before I hear matt talk about W101, does it contain any hints of spoilers? I've got the game on my shelf but haven't started it and I want to go in it without knowing anything

Emouse

KI is sitting under my tree now :D Really looking forward to sinking my teeth into that.

Matt got me hype for KI..then I realized it's Xbone exclusive and my hype boner just ran back inside of me..

I downloaded S1 then realised I can play fighting games with a controller so now I'm at a loss, with all the shilling Matt did and seeing Max's videos does really make me wanna get back in to it, it does kinda suck that its Xbone exclusive but eh, hopefully that PC port'll come

Before I hear matt talk about W101, does it contain any hints of spoilers? I've got the game on my shelf but haven't started it and I want to go in it without knowing anything

the clips showed off some early game bosses and that's about it? I've not finished it and got nothing spoiled at all

I downloaded S1 then realised I can play fighting games with a controller so now I'm at a loss, with all the shilling Matt did and seeing Max's videos does really make me wanna get back in to it, it does kinda suck that its Xbone exclusive but eh, hopefully that PC port'll come

the clips showed off some early game bosses and that's about it? I've not finished it and got nothing spoiled at all

It looks great, but again unless we get a PC port I won't be buying an Xbone just for that..was the same position I was in with a PS4 and BloodBorne until Sony just kinda gave us the business at PSX.

Zach is such a tubby kitty.

pr73R.jpg

The first google images result for tubby kitty. You're welcome.

Emouse

It looks great, but again unless we get a PC port I won't be buying an Xbone just for that..was the same position I was in with a PS4 and BloodBorne until Sony just kinda gave us the business at PSX.

Oh yeah it totally doesn't justify buying a console just for the one game
which I totally didn't do ahahahahaha
my xbone is sat there gathering dust because of all it's amazing exclusives just not existing

my xbone is sat there gathering dust because of all it's amazing exclusives just not existing

I won't be buying another Xbox console probably ever again. I got mine when I was 16 and was going through my "Smoke weed ereday and play CoD" phase, and looking back I kinda wasted my money since I don't even play FPS anymore. I play RPG's and fighters...and we all know how well those do on Xbox.. <.<

Anung

Un Rama

My Wii U and Xbone are my platinum boxes and I'm okay with that. To be fair Wii U has been killing it.

Emouse

I won't be buying another Xbox console probably ever again. I got mine when I was 16 and was going through my "Smoke weed ereday and play CoD" phase, and looking back I kinda wasted my money since I don't even play FPS anymore. I play RPG's and fighters...and we all know how well those do on Xbox.. <.<

If you had said this last gen I would've laughed and told you about all the cool exclusives you're missing, unfortunately this gen so far you're totally justified, and yeah I used to be huge into FPS's, I do still really love them but the genre has mostly fallen into a hole

My Wii U and Xbone are my platinum boxes and I'm okay with that. To be fair Wii U has been killing it.

That's fair, they're both great consoles, xbox excluysives seem to be lacking a bit for my likes anyway, and yes the Wii U is absolutely killing it

Anung

Un Rama
Rewatching the Downpour LP and hit THAT moment. Shit is still as funny as it was years ago.

God that game was garbage.

Anung

Un Rama
Oh man it sucks, once you get accustomed to it you look at older games like holy shit this looks awful

I stuck 360 Quake 4 in recently and oh my god I could not perceive frame rates at all back then. It actually runs at like 15 frames as a standard. Was like playing a slideshow.

If you had said this last gen I would've laughed and told you about all the cool exclusives you're missing, unfortunately this gen so far you're totally justified, and yeah I used to be huge into FPS's, I do still really love them but the genre has mostly fallen into a hole

Honestly, outside of Gears of War 1..I didn't care for any of the Xbox exclusives of last gen..I never cared for Halo as a game. I remember not so long ago when the HD remakes for FF 10 and Kingdom Hearts were being announced and were exclusive to the Playstation I just sat there staring at my Xbox hoping it would magically turn into a PS3. Plus these past few weeks I've been playing TTT2 with an Xbox controller..it just..it feels wrong..

Emouse

I was watching the top tens and KI looked so weird, im guessing it was in 30 cause it looked slower than when I watch KI on maxs channel.

Yeah I use firefox and it looked not great, I've been playing DS2 on PC for the last couple of days and the 60FPS changes everything, the best comparison I've seen by far is the last of us PS4 release playing at 60 then locking it to 30 is jarring and terrible

I stuck 360 Quake 4 in recently and oh my god I could not perceive frame rates at all back then. It actually runs at like 15 frames as a standard. Was like playing a slideshow.

It's not a great feeling, I put the evil within in again a few days ago and pointed at my screen and said what the fuck am I looking at here, and I'm not usually super anal about these things

Honestly, outside of Gears of War 1..I didn't care for any of the Xbox exclusives of last gen..I never cared for Halo as a game. I remember not so long ago when the HD remakes for FF 10 and Kingdom Hearts were being announced and were exclusive to the Playstation I just sat there staring at my Xbox hoping it would magically turn into a PS3. Plus these past few weeks I've been playing TTT2 with an Xbox controller..it just..it feels wrong..

Looking at my 360 games almost all of them are the halo series and gears, there's a few little things here and there that interested me but not like the PS3 did, I'm more of a PS/Sony fan anyway so it didn't help, I'm pretty sure I only got a 360 because everyone I knew had one and gears looked cool, and yeah tekken feels weird with a 360 pad, it just feels like it's in the wrong place

Zenfalcia

YOU DIDN'T WIN!

I gotta start getting avatars together

Yeah you do, i hope goodwil already has some now, since you're a little later.
I know, right? I hear he spends his time making lewd avatars for show. How ridiculous.

Speaking of avatars, is Miku's top half just floating in midair?

Like, who likes lewd avatars? So untasteful.

She supposed to be climbing out of the computer screen, i thought i'd try to make it look like she's climbing out of the avatar box and failed.

Top Bottom