• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

This is even weirder than I thought it would be. I'm going to try to forget this exists.

Probably. They were just pasties.

To actually get on-topic, I didn't expect Matt's number 1, I would've expected it to be somewhere on the list, but not number 1.

I was surprised that MGR was so low on his list. I was expecting it be behind W101.

Xiraiya

Matt going on about Blood Dragon, even when i was in that era as a kid, dumb scifi stuff seemed dumb and boring even then, Alien and Terminator movies were about the extent of what I liked in scifi and both of those were way ahead of their time.

JoJo94

Yes.

Probably.

And that's how phantom's story ended. He got into the doc and was never heard from again.

Phantom's a character from a David Cage game...oh no

This is even weirder than I thought it would be. I'm going to try to forget this exists.

I was surprised that MGR was so low on his list. I wasn't expecting it be behind W101.

You are now cursed like me to remember it exist now. It will haunt you.

But he just came back!

Abu will have to bring him back again.

I was surprised that MGR was so low on his list. I wasn't expecting it be behind W101.
Even though I haven't played the W101, I could tell that it would be higher on his list due to the fact he reads a lot of comics. Japanese Sentai hero stuff is really well written most of the time and Kamiya showed it pretty well in Viewtiful Joe.

Even though I haven't played the W101, I could tell that it would be high on his list due to the fact he reads a lot of comics. Japanese Sentai hero stuff is really well written most of the time and Kamiya showed it pretty well in Viewtiful Joe.

Oh, I'm dumb. I meant to say I "was" expecting it to be behind W101. Like, right behind it. Edited it.

Baldurs Gate

Nah, Baldur's Gate 2.

Zenfalcia

Phantom's a character from a David Cage game...oh no

Jason! Jason!
Alright, let's stop talking about it.

Anyway, Pat's top 10 is coming out today. Any guesses as to what his GOTY will be?

It's fine!

I think his number one will be.. darksouls? Did darksouls come out in 2013? I forget what even came out..

Only one doujinshi in the drive that has yandere in it? You people disappoint me!

I'll add more, don't worry.

demidar

Not enough to drop it off a top ten list, where it belongs.

Of course. Something can be a disappointment, a let-down, and still make top ten because it's still damn good (my relationship with Dark Souls 2 essentially).

Plus MGR has dat killa soundtrack

Jason! Jason!
Yes? You called?

So i've past the part regarding Ken [Big P3 spoilers]
So is the reason why everyone shits on Ken is because he basically got Shinjiro killed? Does he do something worst later or is his story arc finished? The way Pat talks about him makes him seem like he's a Griffith type

JoJo94

SO I'll be honest I haven't really bought a ton of game this year.

Aside from Bayo 2 and Smash any games for WiiU I should get, and PS4 too. In a bit of a dead zone with the current games I have so need a small break and new games.

SO I'll be honest I haven't really bought a ton of game this year.

Aside from Bayo 2 and Smash any games for WiiU I should get, and PS4 too. In a bit of a dead zone with the current games I have so need a small break and new games.

Grab Xrd on PS4, nerd.

Also, W101 if you haven't already.

Zenfalcia

If they were, they'd be farting on each other and eating Kraft Dinner all day.

You forgot about the poutines and maplesyrup.
Yes? You called?

So is the reason why everyone shits on Ken is because he basically got Shinjiro killed? Does he do something worst later or is his story arc finished? The way Pat talks about him makes him seem like he's a Griffith type

You're supposed to be dead!

ehh.. not quite? Calling ken a griffith type is really extreme. Wasn't it more of shinjiro saving ken?

Yes? You called?

The Ken hate is overblown. The only thing he's at fault for is being an annoying kid character.

forgot to mention don't have a PS4 yet, I do plan to get one since it's becoming a necessity...well in a way.

Oh forgot to mention got a 4.0 this year...hell yeah

Might want to hold off on that. Seems like a lot of PS4s are having issues right now.

JoJo94

Okingjrr

In no particular order:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Tomb Raider
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
The Last of Us
The Wonderful 101
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD