• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

It was just me making a dumb joke. Nothing more. I wonder who's actually used it for reccomendations...
*Cough*
I'm a bit curious about that doc...Is it NSFL?
No, and anything "out there" is tagged with its content. That's as much as I wanna say about it though. Don't wanna fill the thread with this topic. Not your fault or anything, just trying to stop before it starts. Edit: Saw your stealth edit, no problem.

Zenfalcia

So, I heard this youtube group called the super best friends are having their long awaited top tens coming out. I can't wait to see tonight's one! I feel like Pat will have dragon age or something oldschool rpg related, due to his influence of playing it so much recently.

The soundtrack to her is so fucking good oh my god.

So, I heard this youtube group called the super best friends are having their long awaited top tens coming out. I can't wait to see tonight's one! I feel like Pat will have dragon age or something oldschool rpg related, due to his influence of playing it so much recently.

But dragon age didn't come out last year!

I'm a bit curious about that doc...Is it
NSFL
?
Won't bring it up again.

It's a doc filled with links ero manga.

Dropping topic now.

You know, Deadly Premonition DC came out in 2013. Maybe it's that.
Probably not.

If anyone's list doesn't have 101 or Revengeance it'd be nuts. I'm super curious if anyone will put Rising at #1 though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Which Dragon Age came out in 2013?

Oberon

Banned
Since we were talking about birthday and getting older.
Did anyone else think as a kid that you would get wiser as an adult? That the world would be less confusing?
Man was I wrong!

Did anyone else think as a kid that you would get wiser as an adult? That the world would be less confusing?
Man was I wrong!

Id thought I would have like a girlfriend and a car or something. I guess I was dumb.

I have not played TLOU either. Somehow I've remained spoiler free.

Man was I wrong!

For me the world isn't more confusing. Just a bigger pain in the ass.

demidar

As much as I loved playing Revengeance, its gameplay doesn't hold up in comparison to most of the stylish action games Platinum has made. I certainly have it it in my top 10 however.
Damn it!

MGR was only developed in 9 months (only counting P* Games development time), so it's quite a feat it turned out so well. But measured up to its peers MGR falls short.

The idea was brought up, but it seems like most people weren't interested.

I could probably give recommendation for anyone. I play pretty much all genres except driving games and hardcore sims.

joe2187

Banned
Yo, whats everyones favorite podcast title for SBFP?

For me it's a tie between Aryan Resurrection and That deer just did an Aegis reflector!

MGR was only developed in 9 months (only counting P* Games development time), so it's quite a feat it turned out so well. But measured up to its peers MGR falls short.

I really wish people wouldn't do that for games that aren't sequels. That was one of my biggest gripes when people bitched about Evil Within saying "RE4 did it better."

Xiraiya

Man was I wrong!

Not really, my biggest shock growing up was realizing I had overestimated the world and adults in general.

As much as I loved playing Revengeance, its gameplay doesn't hold up in comparison to most of the stylish action games Platinum has made. I certainly have it it in my top 10 however.
Yeah, same for me. That game is great, and the similarities to Ninja Gaiden in combat philosophy partially filled a void in my heart after the piece of shit that was NG3. But in terms of scope, content, and polish, it's definitely lacking. Both Bayonettas and Wonderful 101 outclass it.

360pages

So me purposing ideas for writing club ultimately made me a potential leader of a new subsection of rotating stories...

Eh, don't know how to feel about that honestly. I'm not the best leader overall.

Seriously though, I recommend TLOU to everyone who likes RE4, Dead Space 1, etc.
MGR has peaks and valleys, I think. When it hits those highs it's fucking unparalleled as an experience, but it also has those big flaws. Revengeance 2 would probably be like, my favorite game ever.
For me it's the very recent title, God Supports Straight Shota.
And people wonder why we get lewd in this thread.
"I learned it from watching you!"

Oberon

Banned
I have not played TLOU either. Somehow I've remained spoiler free.
For me the world isn't more confusing. Just a bigger pain in the ass.

So you didn't watch the LP?

Id thought I would have like a girlfriend and a car or something. I guess I was dumb.

Not really, my biggest shock growing up was realizing I had overestimated the world and adults in general.

It's just I remember things that happened to me some years ago, and I spent way more time thinking about it then at the time

demidar

I really wish people wouldn't do that for games that aren't sequels. That was one of my biggest gripes when people bitched about Evil Within saying "RE4 did it better."

I think the difference between MGR and TEW is that MGR is still good on it's own, while TEW is by most accounts mediocre.

Growing up, I realized how unfair the world truly is.

Zenfalcia

You know, Deadly Premonition DC came out in 2013. Maybe it's that.
Probably not.

Maybe? It would be really surprising if one of them have it on their list.
If anyone's list doesn't have 101 or Revengeance it'd be nuts. I'm super curious if anyone will put Rising at #1 though.

It would be nuts, i bet all of them will have both revengence and 101 since they love platinum.
But dragon age didn't come out last year!
Which Dragon Age came out in 2013?

Eh.. i used dragon age more as an example of an rpg.. not really one that came out in 2013.

Top Bottom