• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Okingjrr

For podcast titles, I'll go with
"Nonstop Infinite Ass Dumping"
"SKYCRIMES", never gets old
"We Gotta Get Back to Space!" has my favorite lore dump.

joe2187

Banned
The eternal rule of life..

"My waifu is best while everyone else's is shit"

giphy.gif

demidar

I think you're looking at my stance in slightly the wrong light - balance in the universe means that we as humans (or any other self aware lifeform that might exist) gets the shittiest deal in many ways. I've been through my idealistic phase only to fall hard into depression when hit with the harsh reality of life
not to mention an existential crisis
, only to become incredibly cynical, until finally coming around to my current view of things. Good things will happen to me, bad things will happen to me, and that's okay. My existence may have no impact on the universe but I can only hope to have a mostly positive impact on the people I encounter in my life, other than that the world is what it is and will continue to be no matter what I do.

It's not idealistic, it's just what I always see over and over in the scientific field - perfect cycles, opposites that balance each other out, and so much repetition from the largest scale to the tiniest, it makes me believe in a balanced and perfect design. But a design that we do not necessarily benefit from, as that very design could mean we are wiped out completely from existence in a blink of an eye.

I think we can both agree that the impact of a single person is nothing compared to the universe. You could even go as far as to say all of mankind.

Nor sure if I agree with everything balancing out though, I think it's all a chaotic mess, with an infinite amount of things having a knock-on effect on an infinite amount of other things creating a single permutation out of an infinite amount of possibilities, which may or may not be to humanity's benefit, that somehow doesn't cause a BSOD on the computer running the simulation that is this universe.

To be fair, I think the ending of Naruto was better than Korra's ending, but that is a completely different debate.

It's pretty sad that you're not wrong. Both weren't good but atleast Naruto ended with romances that atleast had some form of build up.

And I hate recent Naruto, so man did Korra disappoint.

I get shit spoiled all the time because I browse the internet alot. The Korra ending was an exception.

Sometimes I like getting shit spoiled, though.

I'm honestly not that bothered by the spoiler since now I don't have to care about any of the relationship shit and I know
the best ship
wins, which actually makes me much more interested in watching it since I know none of that shit matters and I can just tune it out.

I disagree, (Unless you mean the timeskip stuff)
The final battle in Naruto and all that was fantastic, just the reasons why it was happening were stupid.

The actual endings. The final fight in Naruto was great, even though there was a huge wall of retarded bullshit leading up to it.

Xiraiya

As someone who has never once cared about Korra, I feel entirely indifferent on the matter and will continue to not care about the series.

360pages

Korragaf was mostly split, most were disappointed. This is the Franchise Final, yet it barely felt like a series, or hell even a season final.

We really don't know what happens to the characters or even a hint to their future plans.

Jman014

Korragaf was mostly split, most were disappointed. This is the Franchise Final, yet it barely felt like a series, or hell even a season final.

We really don't know what happens to the characters or even a hint to their future plans.

Yeah the last you see of characters like
Bolin is him going off to dance with Opal.
Oh well.

Emouse

Yo Killer Instinct complete collection is like £37 on the UK X1 store if anyone's interested, it's basically both season 1&2 ultra edition packs, which are like £32 individually

Shackzam

Yo, what the fuck is with this square headed Vatican dude. He's fucking nuts. This is the most freaked out I've been in berserk. Not disgusted, but just freaked out.

Top Bottom