• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

From what Joose has been telling me, nah. I'll go back for the story after I finish EP.

Joose doesn't know shit. The dungeon crawling elements of P2 ISP are terrible. Way too easy, ridiculously high encounter rate, really slow menus, and a fucking horrendous card/fusion system.

It's first person like SMT 1 and 2 right? I need to get around to playing more SMT1. I got it on iOS and got lost after like 7 hours in.

I haven't played SMT1 and 2, but it is similar to SMT.

Squishy3

Just label it "Persona 1 Final Boss Theme" then I at least know before I click it, lol.

Aside from the OP and EDs that are super hype? Yeah, but it's mediocre.

DP'd like my Japanese animes.
Sorry, part 2 and 3's OSTs are really good.

I BET YALL FUCKERS DONT EVEN KNOW BATTLE TENDENCY'S OST WAS DONE BY THE GODLIKE MOTHERFUCKER WHO COMPOSED GURREN LAGANN

ROW ROW FIGHT THE PILLAR MEN

Xiraiya

Xiraiya: Give me an SVU themed Character action game
Xiraiya: Play as Ice T
Beloved: I'd play it
Xiraiya: Then have segments
Xiraiya: Where you play as Wong who needs to analyze people
Xiraiya: And then a Ace Attorney segment with that Lawyer
Beloved: xD
Xiraiya: Just everything you get in SVU but as an absurd japanese extreme
Xiraiya: ...That's just D4
Beloved: LOL
Xiraiya: So never mind then

Catching up on SVU and this is what we discuss while watching it.

Joose doesn't know shit. The dungeon crawling elements of P2 ISP are terrible. Way too easy, ridiculously high encounter rate, really slow menus, and a fucking horrendous card/fusion system.

I know Snow Queen Palace is fucking bullshit. That place was a nightmare. The encounter rate feels just as high in P2 compared to P1, maybe slightly higher. The menus are slower and that bugs me but I enjoy the combat and fusion system more than P1's

I know Snow Queen Palace is fucking bullshit. That place was a nightmare. The encounter rate feels just as high in P2 compared to P1, maybe slightly higher. The menus are slower and that bugs me but I enjoy the combat and fusion system more than P1's

The combat system is almost the same. Only notable differences are that switching Personas doesn't take 1 turn and you have fusion spells (which make an already easy game easier.) The fusion system is awful. Just plain awful. P1's fusion system is way better. You negotiate with a demon, you get their card, you use card the in fusion. In P2 you have to grind off demons with the correct arcana until you get enough arcana cards for the Persona you want. Again, awful.

Squishy3

Seriously though, the Stardust Crusaders OST has some amazing tracks. Maragidyne linked the battle theme, but then you also have great stuff like the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdlFqOpTC04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maaupg55uAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAZAGVHc3BQ&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gjg3Ib-y54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxjjie1Ohio&

Also the lower tempo piano version of Stardust Crusaders: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssxo1pqbjtc&

Then the character themes:

Avdol

Polnareff

Joseph

The combat system is almost the same. Only notable differences are that switching Personas doesn't take 1 turn and you have fusion spells (which make an already easy game easier.) The fusion system is awful. Just plain awful. P1's fusion system is way better. You negotiate with a demon, you get their card, you use card the in fusion. In P2 you have to grind off demons with the correct arcana until you get enough arcana cards for the Persona you want. Again, awful.
I got past a lot of P1 by just using multihitting gun attacks, it's not much different. And sure it's faster to fuse in P1 but it's a pain in the ass to have a card limit and not know if the ones you got will be useful or not until you're already at Igor. In P2 you can see what you can make right away and be able to work your way to it without having to guess what the results are going to be.

All right, finished episode 21. I'm going to stop here and go to sleep, but I'll definitely finish it tomorrow. After I do that, I'd like to discuss a few things with you guys in order to get my thoughts about the show fully sorted out. I want to see what happens in the final three episodes before I judge it.

Goodnight

Looking forward to it!

Haven't caught too many of your Stardust thoughts but you seem to be powering through it pretty quickly.

Beloved

All right, finished episode 21. I'm going to stop here and go to sleep, but I'll definitely finish it tomorrow. After I do that, I'd like to discuss a few things with you guys in order to get my thoughts about the show fully sorted out. I want to see what happens in the final three episodes before I judge it.

Goodnight

Sleep well

I got past a lot of P1 by just using multihitting gun attacks, it's not much different. And sure it's faster to fuse in P1 but it's a pain in the ass to have a card limit and not know if the ones you got will be useful or not until you're already at Igor. In P2 you can see what you can make right away and be able to work your way to it without having to guess what the results are going to be.

Having a limited amount of room for demons and not knowing what demon's you'll be able to make is still not as obnoxious as grinding the same enemy for tarot cards. That's why P2 is the only game that has it like that. Knowing what the cost and skills every demon has is like having pokedex with all the entries in it. What's the point?

croten

Man when I got my PC I needed some sort of excuse to use my consoles but now I have a WII U I need an excuse to use my PC XD

Alfebit

Banned
So when Big Boss took a selfie with Ocelot in the MGO trailer that wasn't just a gag. It's apparently planned to be a feature that all players can do.

Having a limited amount of room for demons and not knowing what demon's you'll be able to make is still not as obnoxious as grinding the same enemy for tarot cards. That's why P2 is the only game that has it like that. Knowing what the cost and skills every demon has is like having pokedex with all the entries in it. What's the point?
I haven't had to grind for them as I just get cards from compatible demons and kill the rest I run into. I've still been playing with the default Personas, which is bad I'll admit, but I haven't gone out of my way to get them.

Xiraiya

So when Big Boss took a selfie with Ocelot in the MGO trailer that wasn't just a gag. It's apparently planned to be a feature that all players can do.

Forced Selfies with your defeated enemies? I'm okay with this.

I wonder if you can take one with D.D.

I can't wait to upload all my choke selfies on facebook.

I haven't had to grind for them as I just get cards from compatible demons and kill the rest I run into. I've still been playing with the default Personas, which is bad I'll admit, but I haven't gone out of my way to get them.

Once you start playing P2 EP you'll see why most people dislike the system. Enjoy the piss easy difficulty while you can.

Beloved

I use Facebook as a secondary way to keep in touch with immediate family and primary way to keep in touch with extended family and old friends.

I don't think they'd approve of me getting into fetishes and whatnot there

I might not get it until I play 3/4 but I will enjoy the shit out the the easy.

I don't really understand what you're saying, but play P2 EP first. You're already going in chronological order. No reason to stop now.

What exactly do you guys use Facebook for? For me it's pretty much just an easy way to talk to my brothers and post bullshit about anime/wrestling.

I don't use it all. The only reason it's still up is because I need it for school.

What exactly do you guys use Facebook for? For me it's pretty much just an easy way to talk to my brothers and post bullshit about anime/wrestling.
Extended family and people from highschool. It's also a backup use for chat when my phone's out of comission or what have you. I actually use the messenger app, but not the facebook app.

Once you start playing P2 EP you'll see why most people dislike the system. Enjoy the piss easy difficulty while you can.
I might as well go back to P1 and see what it was like after Innocent Sin. I was completely relying on how easy the bosses were in Innocent Sin.
Seeing what events are being organized for card games.

I forgot I even have a Facebook. I barely use it now,but in college it was how I organized parties and events and quick chats with frat guys/ sorority girls.

As of now, my Facebook feed is inundated with so much impractical clickbait-y shit.

Poking my friend back, that's literally it. I don't know why I've been going on it this whole time she's been without internet
I don't really understand what you're saying, but play P2 EP first. You're already going in chronological order. No reason to stop now.
I meant it'll be more apparent once I get to 3 and 4, after I beat IS and EP

People keep using like it's a reasonable alternative to texting me and I'm supposed to be up to date on what they've sent me over facebook messages. Fuck you people, just text me! Why is that so hard?

Top Bottom