• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Duplolas

Banned
Psst. Of you guy and gals who own a gamepad for PC, what do you use?

Im looking to buy something for my month long winter break where I only have my shitty laptop and thought that getting a gamepad and just emulating a bunch of games would be a good idea.

Thanks!

Xiraiya

Im looking to buy something for my month long winter break where I only have my shitty laptop and thought that getting a gamepad and just emulating a bunch of games would be a good idea.

Thanks!
I use my PS3 controller.

Thanks!
I have a PS3 one, but I recommend a PS4 controller. It just feels way better.

Thanks!

Wired 360 Pad. Works great, and it's plug and play Not a bad controller either.

But you already are the best Senpai~ (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

:D

Millia is very good once you get used to the way she moves and how her normals work. The easiest and most dangerous thing with Millia is being able to keep there opponent in constant pressure when she gets a knock down. She is very cool and simple-ish character to play. That's all I know from past experiences with her in other guilty gears.

Also frienders, Beowulf is basically done.

That's something I knew when I first picked her up. Lots of her specials inflict knockdown and knock the enemy back really far. And there's a lot of corner tricks I picked up with her to destroy people in the corner, but I need to work on her air dash cancel off of j.Dust. I've been playing with her though and beating A.I on very hard mode though Ky still gives me a lot of trouble with his damn anti-airs.

Shackzam

Judgement / Aeon is little long, but here it is.

Judgement represents a final call (which sounds badass), rebirth, redemption and putting the past behind. The card has heavy ties to the idea of self reflection, learning from past mistakes, and becoming someone new and better for it. It’s about absolution. After this hypothetical period of enlightenment, this card represents absolutely being free of the negativity (guilt, past wounds, bad habits, etc.) of something from the past. There is no regression. That’s how much you’ve thought and learned from all of this… hypothetically. In this way, it can also represent a decision of some kind (normally the decision of moving forward from the past) and finding the right path (again, this can be substituted with the word ‘fate’). There is going to be major change involved, but this time, it needs to fully be controlled.

In reverse, the card means holding too much onto the past and avoiding moving forward. …Or moving forward, but still holding on too much to the past. Same thing really. …Also, like I said before, The Aeon card means pretty much the same thing.

Duplolas

Banned
So basically I should just grab a wired console controller and roll with that as my gamepad?

Sounds good to me.

I just didnt know if there was something more designed for PC, but I guess it makes sense that platforms that only use gamepads would have good gamepads designed for their system.

Now I just need to find one cheap O_O

Jman014

Okay I did the dumb test thing you guys and I got this:

So...I'm basically this guy:

40k for the win.

Alfebit

Banned

Thanks!

DS4tool.

Thanks!

I use a DS4 with DS4Tool, feels fucking amazing when you first hold it. Though if you're one of the unlucky people who gets one with sticks that peel, I'd recommend getting some Grip-Its

:D

That's something I knew when I first picked her up. Lots of her specials inflict knockdown and knock the enemy back really far. And there's a lot of corner tricks I picked up with her to destroy people in the corner, but I need to work on her air dash cancel off of j.Dust. I've been playing with her though and beating A.I on very hard mode though Ky still gives me a lot of trouble with his damn anti-airs.

Anyway..don't go looking for someone Senpai..they will come to you in time.

Xiraiya

So basically I should just grab a wired console controller and roll with that as my gamepad?

Sounds good to me.

I just didnt know if there was something more designed for PC, but I guess it makes sense that platforms that only use gamepads would have good gamepads designed for their system.

Now I just need to find one cheap O_O
You need to do a little bit of bullshit to get PS3/PS4 stuff to work, XBOX stuff works fine though.

I really don't have time for a girl anyway. I'm a CS/IT college student paying his own way through school with a job and loans. If I had time/money for a girl, I'd rather start getting back to the gym.

I have enough time, I just don't want one unless she is someone who well..you guys have been around me for about a week now. I'm a little weird. I need someone who can handle and embrace my weird. Btw Programming major here.

Someone who embraces the lewd?

Yes someone who embraces the lewd and is willing to become one with it.

Sounds like me.

Don't have time for a GF, so just spend time in the gym.

Those were some of my happier days. You just feel a lot better physically and emotionally after a good workout. I need to start going back to the gym real bad, especially since I'm on break.

I have enough time, I just don't want one unless she is someone who well..you guys have been around me for about a week now. I'm a little weird. I need someone who can handle and embrace my weird. Btw Programming major here.

A decent amount of us here are programmers. And I'm sure you'll find someone, just try to make yourself more active and be around other people. She doesn't have to be weird, you can just convert her to your kind of weird if she's open minded and willing to give your hobbies a chance.

Would prefer a fighting game instead of a weird brawler

Yeah I'll take fucking KENSHIRO VS JOJO, over Dengeki loli climax fighters.

Those were some of my happier days. You just feel a lot better physically and emotionally after a good workout. I need to start going back to the gym real bad, especially since I'm on break.

A decent amount of us here are programmers. And I'm sure you'll find someone, just try to make yourself more active and be around other people. She doesn't have to be weird, you can just convert her to your kind of weird if she's open minded and willing to give your hobbies a chance.

Yeah I'll take fucking KENSHIRO VS JOJO, over Dengeki loli climax fighters.

I actually did have a group of irl friends and a girlfriend once upon a time. Twas nice..then I moved to Plague's Farm and all I get to communicate with is the skeleton of the Youtube Ad Revenue Manager, all of the dead bodies in his barn..and you guys.

Yeah, it does. Not sure why they changed that. They can do it Persona Q, though. Doesn't make sense, but sure.
I asked a question over in PersonaGAF awhile ago, they wanted you to feel like you were more like the protagonist, yourself, which is why they made it so you didn't have direct party control in P3, and why you gained more party commands as the team grew closer as the game went on. I'd assume limiting other people's personas is just simplification, while stressing your role as the protagonist.

I asked a question over in PersonaGAF awhile ago, they wanted you to feel like you were more like the protagonist, yourself, which is why they made it so you didn't have direct party control in P3, and why you gained more party commands as the team grew closer as the game went on. I'd assume limiting other people's personas is just simplification, while stressing your role as the protagonist.
I wish they didn't make it in the lore tho. If that was the case, P4 should have let you change Personas if it wasn't so deeply ingrained to the lore.

Nothing like watching a video of someone decimating Master Ninja Mode in Ninja Gaiden II and feeling inferior about yourself and yet still impressed.

Sounds like me.

Don't have time for a GF, so just spend time in the gym.
It's easier to stay at home and play video games than it is to look for a girlfriend. Hell, it's an easier alternative to anything.

Pat's shilling of SMT4 to get the normal ending is motivating me to go back to replay that game, but I still have other things to play :(

I actually did have a group of irl friends and a girlfriend once upon a time. Twas nice..then I moved to Plague's Farm and all I get to communicate with is the skeleton of the Youtube Ad Revenue Manager, all of the dead bodies in his barn..and you guys.

Ask plague about relationship advice then. He seems to know a lot about sex in the creep farms

Pat's shilling of SMT4 to get the normal ending is motivating me to go back to replay that game, but I still have other things to play :(

Ask plague about relationship advice then. He seems to know a lot about sex in the creep farms

Oh god I just looked up an ex on FB and I have major johns now. Some relationship advice would be nice actually. I've only ever had 4 relationships that weren't long distance.

Shackzam

This is Lelouch's arcana (I'm reporting in for him)

VII The Chariot
The Chariot card is representative of two conflicting energies. These two things might be internal, external, hidden, or really freaking obvious, but the important part is that they conflict. Now the important thing about this conflict is that The Chariot represents asserting control over the situation and using both sides of the conflict in harmony in order to make it to the goal. It’s not about choosing one or the other, but instead working with both.

Reversed, the card means that either control is out of your hands/ a lack of unity, or to beware of recklessly running over everything in reaching your goal. ….Yeah, this card is pretty metaphorical.

Also Xiraiya, Lelouch's want's you to know that he started Gintama

Top Bottom